Ways to Surprise Your Spouse with a Cruise

Mdchris

I've booked a 4 day cruise to surprise my husband for our fifth wedding anniversary. I'd love to hear some creative ways to let him know. I'll be telling him on our anniversary - which is Four days before we leave. I'm arranging work off for him and everything. I just need a really fun way to let him know. TIA

Since according to my DW I can't keep a secret then I am not the one to ask. However, while I wasn't able to keep the cruise secret I was able to keep the cabin secret.

I told her we were booked in an ocean view when actually I had booked an Owner's Suite.

Best think about that is she didn't have a clue until I opened the cabin door.

I've booked a 4 day cruise to surprise my husband for our fifth wedding anniversary. I'd love to hear some creative ways to let him know. I'll be telling him on our anniversary - which is Four days before we leave. I'm arranging work off for him and everything. I just need a really fun way to let him know. TIA

show him the credit card bill

...Dang! You are so brave!

I guess I figure if he's pissed about it - he'll be pissed on a beach with a margarita in his hand. I just need a way to tell him

No credit card bill- I paid for it with some side jobs I've been doing

I arranged a vacation for my husband a few years ago. Arranged the time, and the night before told him we were going somewhere and that I would tell him where the next morning and to pack his dive gear to a day trip with his work partner. That morning we drove to his friends house and we told him we were going diving and we just had to follow the other truck. We didn't tell him WHERE we were going until we got there(6 hours later we arrived in West Palm and stayed for 3 nights)...lol. He swore he knew the whole time.

For Christmas one year my husband and I paid for my FIL's fiance to go on our honeymoon cruise with us (FIL paid his way but she was having money issues and under a lot of stress and we thought she deserved a nice vacation...we booked rooms far enough away from each other that we could be together when we wanted and alone when we didn't lol). So for Christmas we printed off the booking information, rolled it up and put it in a Carnival cup and wrapped it in a box. We made sure it was the last present she opened. She was totally surprised and cried....Loved the way we did it.

To surprise my daughter with an all inclusive vacation one year, I bought tropical gifts...suntan lotion, a beach towel and a new bathing suit. The final gift was a photo album with a picture of the resort and our itinerary

I think the sooner the better. It would suck if he also booked a vacation to surprise you with and the dates conflicted with eachother. This happened to my grandparents and luckily grandma bought trip insurance with cancel for any reason. They cancelled hers and went on the one my grandpa booked

I'm bringing each of my parents on a cruise this year, mom over mother's day and dad for father's day. I didn't want what happened to my grandparents to happen to me so as much as I wanted to surprise them, it wasn't worth them possibly having other plans. I know being married you know what they're schedule is, but things can come up that someone just forgets to mention. I would try and do a surprise now for him. Nothing more surprising then getting the gift months before. He then has more reasons to brag about his wife before the cruise instead of just after

I gave my wife's cruise for her 60th birthday.

I put together a treasure chest with 60 clues. Each clue was wrapped in the colors of the cruise ship. There was everything from motion sickness pills, to flip flops, toy horse for our one excursion and a pirate ship captain.

I had all the dinners planned, shore excursions and show times picked out. In the treasure chest was the e tickets, and schedule of everything. Worked out great I did give it to her at Christmas and the trip was in March of this year. The night before leaving had a suprise birthday party with 60 friends and family. For the send off

For our first cruise I got the cruise magazine from the TA I used and tore out the page with our itenerery on it. I put it in a picture frame and wrapped it for her anniversary present. She thought it was a picture of me. I'll never forget the shock on her face.

No advise sorry. Hope he's a laid back type of guy. I'd be SO pissed if my DH told me we were going on vacation with only 4 days notice.

I did surprise my DH with a cruise, but I told him before Christmas and the cruise was in the summer.

Four days? Wow! :eek:

I haven't told my DH about our upcoming cruise, either. I was planning on telling him about 3 months prior. I'm going to make some "old-school" cruise tickets to give him. I'll probably print our itinerary and ship information to go with it.

Have fun!! :D

No advise sorry. Hope he's a laid back type of guy. I'd be SO pissed if my DH told me we were going on vacation with only 4 days notice.

I did surprise my DH with a cruise, but I told him before Christmas and the cruise was in the summer.

He is super laid back- a total go with the flow kind of guy. He rarely makes plans- it's usually me that does the family's schedule.....but maybe I'll tell him about a month before hand, just in case.

I met my hubby 33 years ago...3 weeks before Valentines Day...he gave me a 14kt gold chain I gave him a Billy Squire cassette tape...come on I only knew him 3 weeks!

He has teased me all these years...I finally got tired of it and this year I ordered the same Billy Squire CD on Amazon....I made a new back cover with all the songs and wrote funny snip-its to all the songs. The last song was "Don't say No" I wrote this....

#10 Don't say No....to The Cruise I booked on the Navigator of the Seas 9/6/15

He was quite SURPRISED!!

I love the last minute idea...go for it! He's a guy...as women we would freak out...my hubby could do it in 4 days!

Sounds like what I did! I told him I got him something for anniversary, but he wasn't allowed to check the bank account or else he would know what it was...He complied and I called his boss and arranged for him to be off work. then I packed his bag for him the day before the cruise, hid it in the closet and woke him up at 3:30 am and told him to get dressed, we were headed for the airport...he was quite confused but went with the flow. He figured it out once he saw the tickets to Miami.

He said it was the best vacation he ever had and was even better because he didn't have to plan anything!

I booked a short two nights cruise between Sweden and Finland, for my girlfriend and I and all I told her where that she shouldn´t book anything for that weekend. We had a 4,5 hour drive to Stockholm and I didn´t tell her where we were going until we could see the ship.

We had a wonderful time even though it was in the middle of the winter and the weather sucked in Helsinki and most shops was closed since we got there on a sunday.

I would love to get a surprise cruise, but on the other hand I´m a "last minute guy". The first cruise I did was on NCL Epic in the mediterranean sea, I booked on Thursday and the cruise started on Saturday. I was traveling solo :)

• 2 weeks later...
I think the sooner the better. It would suck if he also booked a vacation to surprise you with and the dates conflicted with eachother. This happened to my grandparents and luckily grandma bought trip insurance with cancel for any reason. They cancelled hers and went on the one my grandpa booked

i am pretty sure this was the opening polt to "A Very Brady Christmas." Is Greg Brady your father?

No he's not my father because he is a fictional character.

I'm not sure about "A Very Brady Christmas" as I've never seen it, but it is what happened to my grandparents. Doesnt comedy mimic reality and is based off of tragedy? I'd presume this same thing happened to an EP or staff writers family at some point.

If someone who wasn't even addressing you was sharing an anecdote about how they saw someone in their family running to catch something amd slipped on a banana peel, would you come back with that was from the three stooges, or Chevy Chase did that on SNL. No you wouldn't have the balls to do it, but since you're behind a keyboard typing away you feel the need to but in, and share your little quip also subtly accusing me of plagiarism.