Staggered boarding

cruisequeen007

I haven't read about nor have I experienced the progressive check-in procedure being enforced which says to "please" follow the procedure.

The procedure was shown for our January cruise which having priority boarding didn't affect us & we expect the same thing soon on our upcoming cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

In San Pedro they divide check in by decks. Some decks go to the left and others go to the right.

Most of the cruises I've taken from various ports (including my "homeport" of LA) have check-in counters based on deck whether a progressive check-in notice has been issued or not.

We've never experienced staggered boarding in San Francisco. We show up, we check in, we board.

When we sailed out of Los Angeles earlier this year we had staggered boarding and it was horrible. It took so long to get everybody on board that they had to move the muster drill back a good 45 minutes because people were still waiting to get on the ship.

I have experienced staggered boarding once, but it was in Mexico after an afternoon at Senor Frogs.

I experienced the same thing only it was after leaving Magaritaville in Grand Turk.......or was it Grand Bahama--------oh well, the margaritas were grand.

Most of the cruises I've taken from various ports (including my "homeport" of LA) have check-in counters based on deck whether a progressive check-in notice has been issued or not.

We've only encountered it once in our six Princess cruises, all out of SP.