Stingray City????

dsschmidt1995

I have been doing some reading on excursions for our cruise in Sept. I would like to do the stingray excursion in Grand Caymen, but they involve the dolphin swim or snorkeling. I just want to get in the water with the stingrays, that's it. I can't swim so standing in water lol Anyone have suggestions or am I missing something?

Thanks!:D

I have been doing some reading on excursions for our cruise in Sept. I would like to do the stingray excursion in Grand Caymen, but they involve the dolphin swim or snorkeling. I just want to get in the water with the stingrays, that's it. I can't swim so standing in water lol Anyone have suggestions or am I missing something?

Even though most include snorkeling you can stay on the boat. When we went a few years ago there were 2 snorkeling stops. Some of us stayed on for the 2nd stop. This year we are doing the wave runner stingray tour, no snorkeling involved;)

friendly, safety-conscious, well-run outfit...independent tour. Yes, they stop for a snorkeling time - but you don't have to get in the water if you don't want to. Simply being on the boat and enjoying the beauty of the reef and whatever fish you can see over the side, combined with the amazing memory of Stingray Island is something everyone should do in their lifetime!

We did this with Capt Marvin and you can stay on the boat for the 30-minute snorkel stop. For the Stingrays, yes, you jump off the boat into 4-5 water and the rays swim by. The guides will grab one and give you a ray-massage, hug, and kiss (if you desire). Then they will get out the squid for feeding and the rays all swim by very close. They are much softer than you would expect and very easy to be around.

We did see the wave-runner group and they also came over to the snorkel area after the stingray stop.

friendly, safety-conscious, well-run outfit...independent tour. Yes, they stop for a snorkeling time - but you don't have to get in the water if you don't want to. Simply being on the boat and enjoying the beauty of the reef and whatever fish you can see over the side, combined with the amazing memory of Stingray Island is something everyone should do in their lifetime!

Agree I have done Moby Dick tours twice and it is a great tour at a great price..google them

I would look at native way they are great. Was in grand caymen 4/2 and had a great time. Its was me my wife and daughter all had a blast. A few people stay on the boat at the snorkeling spot. But all got in the water with the stingrays. then after the stingrays want to rum point for lunch and some beach time.

I agree with the suggestion for Stingray Sailing. Chip, Michelle, Matk and the rest of the crew were incredible. We would do that excursion over and over. Go to their website!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did this with Capt Marvin and you can stay on the boat for the 30-minute snorkel stop. For the Stingrays, yes, you jump off the boat into 4-5 water and the rays swim by. The guides will grab one and give you a ray-massage, hug, and kiss (if you desire). Then they will get out the squid for feeding and the rays all swim by very close. They are much softer than you would expect and very easy to be around.

We did see the wave-runner group and they also came over to the snorkel area after the stingray stop.

I also love Captain Marvin's. They are right at where the tenders come in to Grand Cayman. The crew was fantastic and we always use them.

We paid $25 a person for stingrays and snorkel last time we were in GC. They were selling this tour right in the port area as you get off the ship. Stop by the liquor store and gets some cheap drinks and enjoy the boat while others snorkel.

The deluxe stingray city sandbar through Carnival is just under $50.00. Stingray City with the Turtle Farm was the last excursion I did through the ship and I would not hesitate to do it again. It was fun! We were the first ship out to the sandbar and loved it.

Tip: Early is better

Thanks all! I cannot swim so getting into the water scares me a bit. But I am ready to face my fears if I can just stand in the water with the stingrays. We want to do that and some beach time in GC, I don't know what else to do while we are there.

Thanks all! I cannot swim so getting into the water scares me a bit. But I am ready to face my fears if I can just stand in the water with the stingrays. We want to do that and some beach time in GC, I don't know what else to do while we are there.

Fight that fears 3 weeks ago i used this one Discount Excursions and their friendly staff make me combo tour island and stingrays city something like that. We had very good time.

We did this excursion privately last year and loved it! The sting rays were amazing. As others have said, it's a combo with snorkeling. I think the reason they don't do it alone is because they want you to get your money's worth.

We did this excursion privately last year and loved it! The sting rays were amazing. As others have said, it's a combo with snorkeling. I think the reason they don't do it alone is because they want you to get your money's worth.

Which company did you use?

MOST Stingray excursions do NOT include dolphins, but may include snorkeling, which is completely optional. Sift through all the above recommendations and choose one that works for you.

As far as not being able to swim, most of the time the water is waist deep near the stingray area, BUT you may have to anchor out a little bit depending on how many boats are there. In that case, you might have to swim a short distance to the sandbar. The tour boats will have life jackets for you to use, so you will have no problem, and from my experience the tour staff will be awesome helping you as little or as much as you need to feel comfortable. Just let them know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Stingray City United is a perfect tour for this kind of situation. It does not have that snorkel or dolphin swim. The tour is about Stingray City even though you do get to walk through their nature trail upon arrival and get to see their beautiful parrots and if you would like, you can also view the Nat. Geo Ocean Soul photo exhibit. This is definitely the tour for those who just wish to do Stingray City.

We have checked out Stingray City United and we are thinking about booking with them. The tour looks pretty interesting and we have done dolphins before so do not want to have to do that again. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what we can do after our Stingray City tour?