Anyone use Princess Ship to airport transfer only

marcyjane

Has anyone used the Princess Ship Transfer to airport upon return from cruise? If so do you still have to go claim your luggage and then to the transfer bus or do you get a special luggage tag to put on your luggage and it will be at bus waiting on you.

Thanks leaving soon can't wait.:)

Good Day! We had Princess transfers from ship Star Princess to SFO. Cost was $29/pp. We did have a Gold tag to put on our luggage We had to go to terminal and claim luggage. There were plenty of porters who were very pleasant and happy to assist. We walked across the street with porter and luggage and it was loaded onto the bus. The entire process took approximately 10 minutes. Piece of cake. Hope that helps. Annie

We're doing the Princess transfer. However, we're carrying our luggage off the ship. We'll meet in a lounge and wait there until they tell us to board the bus. When you get to the bus you give your luggage to the driver and he'll load it on the bus. If you can self-assist this will save you time from having to go track your luggage down. At least this was my experience the last time we did the Princess transfer. You'll receive info in your cabin about 3 days before debarkation.

We have always used Princess transfers post and pre cruise . Except in our home port . If we are doing self disembarkation , we are given a luggage/group to disembark with .

We go to the buses and are directed a certain bus depending which airline we are flying with. The driver then puts the luggage in the proper bin for that airline and terminal.

Has anyone used the Princess Ship Transfer to airport upon return from cruise? If so do you still have to go claim your luggage and then to the transfer bus or do you get a special luggage tag to put on your luggage and it will be at bus waiting on you.

Thanks leaving soon can't wait.:)

We have had it both ways. I guess it would depend on the port and how they do things that particular day you arrive.

In Vancouver it went straight to a special area, we picked it up and we proceeded to the bus with our luggage. :)

I believe you may still have to get your luggage and go through customs.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Sounds like either way Shuttle or PCL Transfers get you there! Has anyone used PCL's EZ Baggage check from the ship to your home airport? :confused:

We are considering it for our next cruise. :D

We are just,

“RetiredNTraveling”!

Booked '15 Crown Princess 28 day Cruise ~ Hawaii, Samoa & Tahiti!

In the US, no matter where you pick up your luggage or how it's tagged you are responsible for your own luggage and to accompany it through Customs when you hand in your US Customs Declaration form.

We seem to have had different experiences. We claim our luggage with a porter and his cart and he meet us on the other side of the US Customs area, all we ever take through is our two small bags for carry-on!

In the US, no matter where you pick up your luggage or how it's tagged you are responsible for your own luggage and to accompany it through Customs when you hand in your US Customs Declaration form.

Sometimes I have done customs and Immigration then pickup our bags. They then take the card as we leave the terminal with our bags.

Sometimes clear Customs just walk out with our bags. It seems to depend on where the cruise went.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

In my experience-without any special luggage plans, when you disembark, you enter the customs building and if you are not self embarking, you go to the luggage tag area that matches the color of your tags. You pick up your luggage. Now, you can hail a porter who will load up your bags and take them around the customs area, where the porter waits for you. We always just take our bags and get in the line for customs. Once through, you exit the building and go to the buses. You show your vouchers to the person at the bus and tell them which airline you are taking. You drop off the bags by the open luggage bins of the bus and climb aboard.

That's about it.

In my experience-without any special luggage plans, when you disembark, you enter the customs building and if you are not self embarking, you go to the luggage tag area that matches the color of your tags. You pick up your luggage. Now, you can hail a porter who will load up your bags and take them around the customs area, where the porter waits for you. We always just take our bags and get in the line for customs. Once through, you exit the building and go to the buses. You show your vouchers to the person at the bus and tell them which airline you are taking. You drop off the bags by the open luggage bins of the bus and climb aboard.

That's about it.

Sometimes the terminal doesn't even have the customs area active.

At San Pedro customs and immigration is done on one level. The declaration cards aren't returned to the passenger , sometimes they are .If they are you collect your bags downstairs and proceed to the door. There they collect the cards . Some people do get a secondary inspection . Most just breeze thru .

OP - For transfers, you must get your bags and drag them with you to the bus you get on. Princess often doesn't know which bus you'll be on; sometimes there are as many as 10 transfer buses. It's usually up to the ground crew as to when the bus leaves. Sometimes they wait until it's full, other times, they send them with only a few people on them so there's no way to tell which one you'll be on. Sure would be nice though! ;)

I can't think of a cruise that we have been on where I did not take my bags through Customs on the way out. :confused:

There's no other way to do it, that's the whole point of self assist, you don't have to go looking for your luggage in a big room. No problem taking your luggage through customs.

There's no other way to do it, that's the whole point of self assist, you don't have to go looking for your luggage in a big room. No problem taking your luggage through customs.

Not sure what you mean by self assist? have not heard of that before.

Are you talking about walk off disembarkation with your own luggage?

For a transfer we just put tags on our luggage and it was already in a special area for the transfer. We grabbed the bags and went through customs and to the coach.