Carnival Vista vs MSC Seaside

DutchCruiseFan

Both ships are designed for warm weather ( the Caribbean ) and Will sail from Miami.

They have stuff like waterslides and waterparks, outdoor promenade, outdoor movie screen, multiple Pools and whirlpools.

What ship Will have more appeal for cruisers and is better designed for the Caribbean?

What ship Will be more succesfull from Miami?

And what ship Would you sail?

I think i would rather sail with the MSC.

Note:I Will post this on the MSC board too.

A couple i go to church with just did the the Klove cruise a couple months ago on the Divina. They said the service is nowhere near as good as carnival. They liked the ship itself but the service they didnt like at all. So they came home and booked the pride next month lol.

Having sailed both lines, I can tell you that MSC is heavily European, meaning that the service is more hands-off. A lot of Americans aren't used to that, and it can come off as rude when it's not intended to be. That said, Divina was a European ship that the line tried to make American. The difference between Divina and Seaside, in theory, is that Seaside is being designed for an American audience from the beginning. I'm curious to see what the product is like after it's "Americanized," but I'm still not sure you can make an apples-to-apples comparison between an MSC ship and a Carnival ship.

Ohhhhh! The MSC Seaside looks intriguing. Just went to the MSC site and watched the video. It's a huge ship, with a lot of neat features. And, MSC usually offers really competitive pricing (cheaper than Carnival), so I will definitely be keeping my eye on that ship for a potential booking. When will it be available to book?

We've sailed MSC before, and have enjoyed it knowing that it is a drastically different experience than the regular "American" cruiselines.

CeleBrat

Both ships are designed for warm weather ( the Caribbean ) and Will sail from Miami.

They have stuff like waterslides and waterparks, outdoor promenade, outdoor movie screen, multiple Pools and whirlpools.

What ship Will have more appeal for cruisers and is better designed for the Caribbean?

What ship Will be more succesfull from Miami?

And what ship Would you sail?

I think i would rather sail with the MSC.

Note:I Will post this on the MSC board too.

We will be on both,the MSC will be more beautiful and luxurious.

If the MSC ship has the Yacht Club reasonably priced, if it has more family friendly quad cabins anywhere but under the galley (thanks Carnival) or a spa area with more than 1 INSIDE quad cabins (thanks carnival) then MSC might be the way to go.

On the other hand if MSC still does its silly 3 tier pricing schemes making a true first class/tourist class/steerage class separation/class distinction (yes I know Vista and Carnival are playing around with selected areas for some and not for others Havana/Family Harbor, et al) then Carnival all the way....just maybe not the Vista.

To answer the OP's question Carnival has been around a long time in the Caribbean while MSC's Divina didn't stay year round like they said it would?

If Vista stays at Miami all year they will likely do better.

Having sailed both lines, I can tell you that MSC is heavily European, meaning that the service is more hands-off. A lot of Americans aren't used to that, and it can come off as rude when it's not intended to be. That said, Divina was a European ship that the line tried to make American. The difference between Divina and Seaside, in theory, is that Seaside is being designed for an American audience from the beginning. I'm curious to see what the product is like after it's "Americanized," but I'm still not sure you can make an apples-to-apples comparison between an MSC ship and a Carnival ship.

I read that this ship was being built for the American market too, so it will lose some of the European influence that Divina had.

Take a loom at Gambees reviews he did one for the Beeze and one for the Divina... said the Breeze blew the Devina out of the water.

He did and when I specifically mentioned having kids he was unequivocal that the Breeze was the better ship.

That said the Seaside seems to be built with all the bells and whistles wanted/needed for the Miami/Caribbean market.

If the Yacht Club is a reasonable price they might take more from the NCL ships and the Haven class passengers than from Carnival. Hopefully NCL will lower some of its Haven prices when faced with a real competitor for the " ship within a ship concept."

Take a loom at Gambees reviews he did one for the Beeze and one for the Divina... said the Breeze blew the Devina out of the water.

Gambee has not cruised a lot, so I wouldn't put much stock in his opinion..on top of that, he admits he rarely, if ever, goes to any shows or entertainment..he actually went to ZERO shows on the Disney Dream, which IMO, had the best musicals I've ever seen on 31 cruises on RCI, CCL,HAL, Princess, NCL, Celebrity & Disney..his reviews are 80% pictures & 20% words..it should be the opposite..remember, a good review covers : 1) pre-boarding 2) Dining & food ..3) Entertainment & shows..4) service...5) ports of call..6) cabins.. and 7) the ship overall ( appearance, cleanliness, ease of navigation, etc..)...I am a cruise agent & all 6 couples I have sent on the Divina LOVED it..CC gal Jennifer ( if you ask CC foe help, she is the gal who responds) also loved it ..not to say the Breeze isn't a good ship, just make sure when you quote reviews that are by cruisers who have a decent amount of experience ( at least 10 cruises on different lines IMO)..BTW, it shouldn't take you 3 weeks to read a review..I think about 15 minutes is my max..I just posted a review of the Regal Princess's 3 night cruise on the Princess boards..it is thorough, covers all 7 areas of reviews & has received high marks...JMHO...

Big Al