Jamies on Anthem

This is more of Jamie Oliver's doing than RCL. But I think for lunch I'd rather try Michaels Genuine Pub instead of Jamie's if I'm going to pay a la carte

That maybe so, according to RCL, but a theme is certainly developing. Johnnie Rockets on Quantum class is no longer a cover charge venue & served from a kiosk without the entertainment. Also Devinly Decadence is showing on cruise planner as al a carte, previously on Quantum either cover charge or latterly complimentary.

If I'm going to spend money on food during a cruise then it will be on shore in one of the ports.

We're on the Anthem TA this fall and booked and paid for Jamie's awhile ago. I called the Crown & Anchor folks this morning to see about getting an email confirming that our booking will be honored (per the statements from RCI being reported here on CC), and they did not know yet about the change to a la carte. (They said they learn things from guests all the time. :) )

They looked it up and found that there has indeed been such a change, but had no info yet on how those of us who have already booked and paid will be treated. They are going to call me back. I have months to deal with this, so I'm not yet concerned, but I hope those who are sailing soon are not having hassles on board over this.

That maybe so, according to RCL, but a theme is certainly developing. Johnnie Rockets on Quantum class is no longer a cover charge venue & served from a kiosk without the entertainment. Also Devinly Decadence is showing on cruise planner as al a carte, previously on Quantum either cover charge or latterly complimentary.

If I'm going to spend money on food during a cruise then it will be on shore in one of the ports.

Devinely Decadence is supposed to be complimentary now. Have they already changed THAT too?

I believe that is correct. On my Cruise Planner it says "Prices starting at $0", just like Izumi and Jamie's. The free venues say "Complimentary". Although, I do believe that Devinly Decadence is free for breakfast and lunch.

I have reservations for four nights in Devinly on the Dubai - Singapore on the Quantum. Will they honour my confirmed, complimentary reservations?

Also, find it interesting that Royal are giving $100 to previous Quantum guests for the "fiasco". Now it seems they are back on square one.

Devinely Decadence is supposed to be complimentary now. Have they already changed THAT too?

Cruise planner shows cost as £0 same as Izumi & Jamie's, have also seen it mentioned in another post as being now a la carte.

I had no real interest in dinner at Devinely Decadence when it was free, and I'm certainly not going to be paying a la carte for it.

Don't know what RCI is thinking here with all this a la carte stuff. It's one thing when you have a coffee bar or gelateria and people are paying a couple of bucks for things like that, but quite another when folks who've already paid for dinner are asked to pay a la carte for an entire meal, with $18-25 entrees. Fortunately, we can vote with our feet (and wallets) on those venues.

I had no real interest in dinner at Devinely Decadence when it was free, and I'm certainly not going to be paying a la carte for it.

Don't know what RCI is thinking here with all this a la carte stuff. It's one thing when you have a coffee bar or gelateria and people are paying a couple of bucks for things like that, but quite another when folks who've already paid for dinner are asked to pay a la carte for an entire meal, with $18-25 entrees. Fortunately, we can vote with our feet (and wallets) on those venues.

I agree with you about the a la carte pricing! I am just going to cancel my Jamie's reservation that I paid $30 for (even though they will honor it). It's about making a statement to RCCL. There will be plenty of food to suit us. I'd rather use that $60 on a shore excursion.

As for Devinly Decadence - my husband said he wasn't going to pay to eat health food. I make him do that at home.

I have reservations for four nights in Devinly on the Dubai - Singapore on the Quantum. Will they honour my confirmed, complimentary reservations?

Also, find it interesting that Royal are giving $100 to previous Quantum guests for the "fiasco". Now it seems they are back on square one.

RCL have stated that all bookings prior to pricing change @ Jamie's will be honoured, therefore it's a reasonable expectation that your comp Devinly bookings should apply.

However when have reasonable expectations & RCL gone hand in hand. Be prepared to have an argument and if they don't charge you I'm sure there will be another reason to have that argument.:rolleyes:

Hi all,

I just got off Anthem of the Seas. Devinly does not have a fee; it's still included. It has changed to buffet at lunch rather than plated. This is different than how it debuted on Quantum.

Colleen

Hi all,

I just got off Anthem of the Seas. Devinly does not have a fee; it's still included. It has changed to buffet at lunch rather than plated. This is different than how it debuted on Quantum.

Colleen

Thanks for the information. That's good to know.

As someone above mentioned, I would rather take the $50 I paid for Jamie's and use it towards something else, like lunch at Michaels Genuine Pub. I am looking forward to trying breakfast, lunch AND dinner at Devinely Decadence. But I'm also going to try as many restaurants as possible too...except Jamie's Italian. I'm Italian and have had so much home cooked Italian Food over my life, that I would rather try every other type of food instead anyway

We have tried Devinely Decadence. The whole family hated it. We won't eat there even if RCI pays me. Actually in the post-cruise survey, I suggested to ditch the restaurant altogether! It is horrible tasting health food for the most part there. No thanks.

I wouldn't be too quick to cancel your Jamie's reservations. I heard RCCL will be honoring all Jamie's reservations if booked before the al-la-carte change. You will get your meal as originally booked.

I have asked RCI to confirm that for me in writing; I'll report back on what happens.

We have tried Devinely Decadence. The whole family hated it. We won't eat there even if RCI pays me. Actually in the post-cruise survey, I suggested to ditch the restaurant altogether! It is horrible tasting health food for the most part there. No thanks.

That's interesting. I have liked a similar concept on Oasis class called the Solarium Bistro. Everyone has different preferences for food. The beauty of the choices is if I don't like it I will eat elsewhere.

Ransrider -U are correct. Previously booked Jamie's will be honored

I wouldn't be too quick to cancel your Jamie's reservations. I heard RCCL will be honoring all Jamie's reservations if booked before the al-la-carte change. You will get your meal as originally booked.

I am also pursuing this but this was my response from Customer Relations

Regarding the restaurants, when we say that we will honour your reservation for Jamie's Italian, we mean that you will keep the time and the money that you have paid for it will be used towards your meal, having to pay only for the difference. If, you desire, we can issue a refund for that money as well.

I will try through my TA to see if they get a different answer

Regarding the restaurants, when we say that we will honour your reservation for Jamie's Italian, we mean that you will keep the time and the money that you have paid for it will be used towards your meal, having to pay only for the difference. If, you desire, we can issue a refund for that money as well.

Thats surprising. That's totally different than many are reporting. It seems that since there has never been any "official" communication to those with existing reaervations, then there should be no effect at ALL on those! If I had reservations at the flat fee I would assume it's going to be honored. This is confusing but also why I canceled- I wanted to remove all doubt and uncertainty by canceling and making other plans so there would be no disappointment or surprises

Thats surprising. That's totally different than many are reporting. It seems that since there has never been any "official" communication to those with existing reaervations, then there should be no effect at ALL on those! If I had reservations at the flat fee I would assume it's going to be honored. This is confusing but also why I canceled- I wanted to remove all doubt and uncertainty by canceling and making other plans so there would be no disappointment or surprises

Wow, that IS different from what's being reported. And since RCI have never sent an email informing people of this change, imagine showing up for your reservation and being hit with this news?! That's bad right there. (Most cruisers are not on CC and will not know about the change.)

And if it turns out that all they mean by "honoring the paid booking" is that they will apply it toward the a la carte pricing, then they are reneging on the deal. We haven't cruised with RCI before, and that will really put a bad taste in my mouth.

I have no interest in a la carte specialty venues, particularly at the steep prices shown on the posted Jamie's menus.

Some seem to have a cut off your nose to spite your face mentality. This is CC after all

Posted to soon I guess. If not honouring prices, I might cancel as well. We cancelled Izumi on Oasis because they wouldn't accept the BOGO for D+ on day 1

Edited by John&LaLa

This is more of Jamie Oliver's doing than RCL. But I think for lunch I'd rather try Michaels Genuine Pub instead of Jamie's if I'm going to pay a la carte

Pretty sure it is a licensing deal and that Jamie's can't just change the pricing model on a whim. RCI saw it was jam packed. They raised priced. Still jam packed; go a la carte and get more money. Divinely Decadent wasn't doing well and could absorb some of the cruse from the included dining, so they made it free. Do you think that celebrity chef called RCI and dictated the pricing model of the restaurant?

After all, I heard no claims that Johnny Rockets went from free to a cover charge because of Johnny Rockets saying so.

All these ships should probably stop with licensing of land based restaurants and co-opting celebrity chefs and focus on their own branded version.

Right. No BOGO FOR Izumi but they do have 20% off the first 2 nights. Izumi a la carte prices are very reasonable IMO. Jamie's was way too high

We didn't have sushi reservations, wanted the Hibachi side. Ended up in Giovanni, then discovered CK and never went anywhere else.

I was told today by RCCL C&A desk in the US - that they have a memo that says anyone who already paid the cover charge for Jaimie's - it will be honored. If, for any reason, your bill is less than what you paid, the cover charge will go against the bill, and the remainder will go on your OBC.

I was told today by RCCL C&A desk in the US - that they have a memo that says anyone who already paid the cover charge for Jaimie's - it will be honored. If, for any reason, your bill is less than what you paid, the cover charge will go against the bill, and the remainder will go on your OBC.

Thanks for that info, but I asked C&A in the U.S. yesterday by phone and this morning by email for an email confirming that we would not be charged more than what we've paid, and haven't gotten anything yet.

What does "it will be honored" mean? Given what one poster above said he was told, they will "honor" it by keeping your reservation and applying the cover to your final bill, and charging you for the difference if that bill is higher.

I think written assurance from RCI is needed. Come on, RCI, please deal with this.