Freedom

Looking at Freedom and Allure for summer 2016. Will we have to deal with Dynamic Dining on those ships at that time, or have to reserve shows onboard ahead of time? Would it be correct that we have to reserve port tours ahead of time? Can we bring water and/or pepsi onboard? I see the prices are a good deal more than Princess,which is all I have sailed, but we will just have to bite the bullet on that, as Princess will not have ships in the Caribbean that summer. Neither will Celebrity or HAL. Thank you in advance for your help.

Edited by stoneharborlady

Looking at Freedom and Allure for summer 2016. Will we have to deal with Dynamic Dining on those ships at that time, or have to reserve shows onboard ahead of time? Would it be correct that we have to reserve port tours ahead of time? Can we bring water and/or pepsi onboard? I see the prices are a good deal more than Princess,which is all I have sailed, but we will just have to bite the bullet on that, as Princess will not have ships in the Caribbean that summer. Neither will Celebrity or HAL. Thank you in advance for your help.

Although not guaranteed it appears that DD will be in place on Allure, oasis and Harmony for the summer of 2016.

No plans have been mentioned to have DD on the freedom class ships.

The only show that can be reserved on the fevered pm is the Ice Show. On. Allure most shows you do need to reserve.

Most excursions are available once on board but if you want to guarantee a spot it is always best to reserve ahead.

Most people report no issues with bringing on a reasonable amount of water or pop although it is technically not allowed.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thanks to everyone. The only reason I would consider bringing water, is to keep it cold in the fridge. The only way I like it is COLD.

The fridges on most of the ships don't really keep things very cold. I'd suggest getting your attendant to bring an ice bucket and bring a couple of aluminum water bottles. Just keep in mind you aren't allowed to fill them directly at water fountains (health code reasons).

Don't get excited about the cold water. The refrigerator is more of a slightly cooler than room temperature storage. The room steward will keep you in all the ice you want though. I love both the Freedom and the Allure, you can't go wrong with either ship. The Allure has more of the WOW factor, but the Freedom is still my favorite ship. I would choose based on the itinerary. Whichever you choose, have a great trip.

Edited by dacsmom