Ice Show Reservations Cancelled

I'm sure this must have been posted somewhere, but I guess I missed it.

I made Ice Show reservations for my family on the Freedom in June. I received an e-mail last week stating the reservations have been cancelled because it's now on a "first come/first serve" basis.

It's my granddaughters' first time on Royal and I wanted to be sure we could get in to see it.

Hope that doesn't make it a "free for all" when trying to get into the show!.......:eek:. Has anyone had any experience since the no reservation policy went into effect?

Maybe they will do tickets. Indy does tickets.

The Concierge has them for all the shows if you are in a Suite or D+ up.

It is announced in the Compass or ask an activity person? when they are giving out the tickets and you get them there before the show.

Then it is wait at the door early and give them your ticket to get in. They do let many in after, as there are lots standing.

It is announced in the Compass or ask an activity person? when they are giving out the tickets and you get them there before the show.

Then it is wait at the door early and give them your ticket to get in. They do let many in after, as there are lots standing.

Sadly I am only a lowly Emerald so no Concierge for me.....LOL.

But that's okay I am sure we will get in with no problem.

Thanks everybody...

We were just on the Oasis, and the last ice show of the trip was nearly empty. More than half the seats were available. Also, my 5yos were bored by the show. I'm not saying you shouldn't go, but it's not Disney on Ice.

I'm sure this must have been posted somewhere, but I guess I missed it.

I made Ice Show reservations for my family on the Freedom in June. I received an e-mail last week stating the reservations have been cancelled because it's now on a "first come/first serve" basis.

It's my granddaughters' first time on Royal and I wanted to be sure we could get in to see it.

Hope that doesn't make it a "free for all" when trying to get into the show!.......:eek:. Has anyone had any experience since the no reservation policy went into effect?

I am leaving on a cruise this Saturday and didn't receive any emails advising me that the ice show reservation made months ago has been cancelled. Lucky i read your post! So do you have to line up for the ice show on the day off or are obtain your tickets on board at Guest Services?

I was on Voyager last month and although there were no reservations, they sent a notice to the cabin and posted in the compass that we were to attend the ice show based on our dining times and odd or even number assembly stations. It worked very well , no crowding. ie: early dining odd number assembly stations attended on one day and time , early dining and even number assembly stations on another day and time. late dining, mtd dining etc...

Edited by retird

Tickets should be available to everyone at the same time and same place no matter what level you are or what type of cabin your in.

There are four shows during the cruise, you should have no problem getting in. Best shot would be to wait for the third or fourth show, I believe they are on day five or six.

I would nit do it this way. There is always a chance that the show could be cancelled due to rough seas. We always plan on seeing it the first time because you never know what could happen.

Also, on any given day the first show will have better ice for the performers. The heat from the audience makes the room too warm and the ice doesn't have a chance to fully recover by the second show. Subsequently, it can be softer and cause issues, though there may be no issues either.

When we were on Freedom you could still get seats right up to show time, though they were not the best.