Looking for a good Hotel in Barcelona

Ladyhawk5

Tryp Barcelona Apolo looks nice and will be just about within your budget. We haven't stayed there but its on my shortlist for my trip next year.:)

You might want to reconsider..have heard some negatives..loud disco noise can be heard in some of the rooms...they have a very active night life at this hotel. Please don't book it because you think it's within walking distance to the port...not if your ship sails from across the bridge...you will need a taxi...lots of other choices...do some more research.

You might want to reconsider..have heard some negatives..loud disco noise can be heard in some of the rooms...they have a very active night life at this hotel. Please don't book it because you think it's within walking distance to the port...not if your ship sails from across the bridge...you will need a taxi...lots of other choices...do some more research.

Have you stayed at this hotel?

As we stayed here two nights last summer, I can provide accurate information about it.

Although some of the rooms can be noisy, we asked for a room at the back (not facing the street) and found the room to be extremely quiet and comfortable. Also, the night life is not actually at this hotel, it's at a club near the hotel.

You definitely do not need to take a taxi to reach the ship. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the port bus that stops at the Columbus Monument.

The hotel has some other disadvantages, but I would not say that noise or the necessity to take a taxi to the ship should be included in those negatives.

I looked at that hotel too, and it was on my list. After pouring over the hotels in the area at our price range, we did opt for spending a little more and went with Hotel Barcelona Catedral. I can't wait either!! I wish we could spend even more time in Spain, so many places I want to go!

A week ago we booked hotel jazz for €128 per night for oct 5-7 and again for the 19th. We had originally booked Colon across the street from the cathedral, the rates were around 191€ per night but when the rates at Jazz dropped from 189€ to €128, we switched hotels. Also like the fact that the airport (Aerobus) bus stop is right across the street :) from the Jazz

Edited by 4cats4me

• 2 weeks later...

We would like to book Hotel Jazz for October 2016. Their website says unavailable, but this might be because it's so far out. Anyone know when they open for booking? Do they raise prices when cruise ships are in? I'm trying to get a better rate than what I see on their website.

All suggestions welcome

Margee

We would like to book Hotel Jazz for October 2016. Their website says unavailable, but this might be because it's so far out. Anyone know when they open for booking? Do they raise prices when cruise ships are in? I'm trying to get a better rate than what I see on their website.

All suggestions welcome

Margee

When we booked Hotel Jazz a few years ago we did it through one of those online travel booking sites, I can't remember which one, but probably it was Orbitz. The good thing about booking through a USA site is you pay in US dollars and don't need to worry about the exchange rate.

We stayed a few days at the Hotel Jazz, very nice and a good price....also very close to Las Ramblas.

We stayed there too. Had a great time and it was a very nice, clean hotel. My parents are staying there too

All suggestions welcome

Margee

We had same issue on the Hotel website but we have just booked for a great price in August 2016 on hotels.com

My husband and I will be traveling to Barcelona in Oct. to sail on the Allure on a transatlantic cruise.

Anybody have any suggestions for a hotel? We would like to stay in Sant Antoni, El Raval or in that vicinity. We don't want to spend a fortune and if possible like to keep the nightly rate for 2 around $150.00 US dollars for a clean nice place. Any comments would be appreciated, our first trip to Spain.

We have just returned from MSC Davina Transatlantic and had to stay 1 night in BCN - used the Holiday Inn City 22 in Sant Marti - cost 12 euros to taxi to port to hotel & then 35 euros hotel to airport. We paid 65 euros for the room and ideal situation to access the hop on hop off bus and walk to the beach down the Ramblas Poblenou in developing district - lots of restaurants & bars to use in the evening - but not the famous La Rambla in heart of city. Hotel clean and basic, includes breakfast & free wifi and staff excellent. Near Metro to cheaply get to city 10 euros for 10 trips. See reviews.

We're on the June 21 Allure sailing out of Barcelona.

Is the Las Ramblas area a good choice for a one-night stay before we leave for the cruise?

If so, what's a good hotel? We'll have our two college-age kids with us, so we'll probably need a suite or two rooms.

When we get back, DW and I plan to stay in Barcelona by ourselves for 4 more days of walking around, day trips, and other fun. Where's a good choice for us in the Las Ramblas area? Price is not a huge concern, but under $250 per night would be nice.

Many thanks.

Matt

Raleigh, NC

We're on the June 21 Allure sailing out of Barcelona.

Is the Las Ramblas area a good choice for a one-night stay before we leave for the cruise?

If so, what's a good hotel? We'll have our two college-age kids with us, so we'll probably need a suite or two rooms.

When we get back, DW and I plan to stay in Barcelona by ourselves for 4 more days of walking around, day trips, and other fun. Where's a good choice for us in the Las Ramblas area? Price is not a huge concern, but under $250 per night would be nice.

Many thanks.

Matt

Raleigh, NC

This whole thread is hotel recommendations....maybe start at the beginning and see what people have already said. :)

• 3 weeks later...
We had same issue on the Hotel website but we have just booked for a great price in August 2016 on hotels.com

I tried booking Hotel Jazz at their own website and also at hotels.com but no availability for first week of May 2016. I had hoped it was just too far out. But if you got dates for August, I guess May really is unavailable.

Edited by NMLady

I tried booking Hotel Jazz at their own website and also at hotels.com but no availability for first week of May 2016. I had hoped it was just too far out. But if you got dates for August, I guess May really is unavailable.

I just went to their website, and it looks like they are not accepting reservation s after April 30, 2016 yet. Everything after that date, through October is greyed out.

(I am looking for last week in October, 2016, taking the Norwegian Jade Trans Atlantic! :) )

I just went to their website, and it looks like they are not accepting reservation s after April 30, 2016 yet. Everything after that date, through October is greyed out.

(I am looking for last week in October, 2016, taking the Norwegian Jade Trans Atlantic! :) )

Hmm. I wonder how tuffyiscruising booked a room for August 2016. Said it was booked through booking.com

I will be on Jade transatlantic arriving in May. So am looking at lots of hotels for 3 day post-cruise.

What is frustrating to me is not knowing if some don't have elevators. Hubby cannot do stairs.

Edited by NMLady

I went on Hotel Jazz website yesterday to check rates for the end of May 2016 post cruise and found May and beyond unavailable too. However a couple weeks ago I found the same thing on hotel in Rome for pre cruise. So I emailed them and they were booked for our dates, had to find another. So when I couldn't make reservations yesterday for Hotel Jazz I emailed them and received a quick reply. They had available rooms so I emailed them back with credit card to hold reservation.

So try to email hotel and they will let you know. I did that in Florence too.

Have a good day and cruise.

I went on Hotel Jazz website yesterday to check rates for the end of May 2016 post cruise and found May and beyond unavailable too. However a couple weeks ago I found the same thing on hotel in Rome for pre cruise. So I emailed them and they were booked for our dates, had to find another. So when I couldn't make reservations yesterday for Hotel Jazz I emailed them and received a quick reply. They had available rooms so I emailed them back with credit card to hold reservation.

So try to email hotel and they will let you know. I did that in Florence too.

Have a good day and cruise.

Thank you for the information.

Was the email you used for credit card info a secure one at their site or just your regular email? If that, how did you protect the cc info? I never use regular email to send cc info.

I used and email for a cc one time with a company in France. I sent the number in one email, the exp. In another and the security code in a third from a different email account with a different host. This is what they rexommended. I'd be curious how other people have been advised.

We are staying here the one night pre cruise Sercotel Amister Art Hotel Barcelona After the fact I heard it is a long walk to where things happen in the city. The hotel itself is very nice but can anyone recommend a nice restaurant for fine dining??

• 2 weeks later...

I'm making a list of the hotels previously mentioned in this thread so I can check them out for our May 2016 cruise (dates not open yet for some of them-weird). But can anybody recommend a hotel that has Queen beds at a minimum? I know hotels in Europe are smaller than the US typically but we aren't tiny people and double beds aren't very comfortable!

I'm making a list of the hotels previously mentioned in this thread so I can check them out for our May 2016 cruise (dates not open yet for some of them-weird). But can anybody recommend a hotel that has Queen beds at a minimum? I know hotels in Europe are smaller than the US typically but we aren't tiny people and double beds aren't very comfortable!

I feel like Hotel Jazz had king size beds

Hotel Jazz does have King beds and a nice rooftop.

1614067094_latestdownlaod842.jpg.c0dd5604a19b7f2b6daacc6412d4c851.jpg