Looking for a good Hotel in Barcelona

Ladyhawk5

We have just returned from MSC Davina Transatlantic and had to stay 1 night in BCN - used the Holiday Inn City 22 in Sant Marti - cost 12 euros to taxi to port to hotel & then 35 euros hotel to airport. We paid 65 euros for the room and ideal situation to access the hop on hop off bus and walk to the beach down the Ramblas Poblenou in developing district - lots of restaurants & bars to use in the evening - but not the famous La Rambla in heart of city. Hotel clean and basic, includes breakfast & free wifi and staff excellent. Near Metro to cheaply get to city 10 euros for 10 trips. See reviews.

that sounds like a great option and perfectly situated if you are in between port and airport, given the price point for holiday inn. Was that per person?? Just beginning to look at options for our trip in 2016.

I'm making a list of the hotels previously mentioned in this thread so I can check them out for our May 2016 cruise (dates not open yet for some of them-weird). But can anybody recommend a hotel that has Queen beds at a minimum? I know hotels in Europe are smaller than the US typically but we aren't tiny people and double beds aren't very comfortable!

Checking out options for 2016 from Barcelona. Do you have any good experiences/opinions to share on these itineraries? Comments are welcome please!! :-)

Have Hotel Continental booked for 2 nights next October. Not sure how the original recommendation came about, but everyone else in the roll call seemed to be staying there.

We actually decided to save our Marriott points and canceled our Cotton House Marriott and ultimately decided on Hotel Jazz for our post cruise night for only 128 EU - I had also looked at the Holiday Inn Express 22 someone above had mentioned - it was only 98 EU -free breakfast - with AAA rate in case anyone is interested

I've booked a balcony roon at Hotel Continental on Las Ramblas for 136 Euro.

Includes 24 hour freevbuffet with soda, house wine/beer.

The cost is a little outside our budget but saving on food cost helps. And the balcony, with a small table and two chairs, overlooks Las Ramblas.

The hotel is close to Plaza Catalunya so not to far from a Ho-Ho bus stop.

I ama booking Catalonia Catedral pre-cruise and Catalonia Barcelona Plaza post cruise. I have stayed in Catalonia hotels on previous visits to Spain (first time in Barcelona), and I have found them convenient to places of interest and/or transportation, very clean and very nice to deal with. They are a 4 star European hotel chain.

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for the great info! Hotel Continental looks very pink! On line theres no breakfast options. But seems very close to everything. And balconies!! Will look st the smaller ones recommended as well thank you We also are considering the newer Ramblas Suites. Its looking like we will be 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just booked the Gaudi Hotel. Near to La Rambla and offers breakfast as well as a reasonable price.

How long will you be in Barcelona? Have you considered the apartment hotels? We used the Tendency Group in 2013 and they did a fabulous job - we had a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath apartment with a full kitchen and living room as well as a terrace for the same cost as a hotel.

Thank you all for the great info! Hotel Continental looks very pink! On line theres no breakfast options. But seems very close to everything. And balconies!! Will look st the smaller ones recommended as well thank you We also are considering the newer Ramblas Suites. Its looking like we will be 4.

The "breakfast" buffet is a 24 hour buffet and is included in the price of the room for Hotel Continental.

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/en/hotel-continental-barcelona/

Edited by NMLady

I agree. That hotel is way too pink ... It makes no sense! I'm looking into Barcelona hotels for my Sept sailing and have seen some great options mentioned, so thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm booked at the Acta Atrium Palace in the Eixample section of Barcelona. I'd been looking at something on La Rambla, but the guy I've been email with from the tour company I'm using for a couple of tours my full day in Barcelona steered me away from that area because of the noise level and that it can get kind of sketchy at night.