Review with photos - Freedom OTS - Eastern Caribbean - 4/19-26/15

The reason most people add the flight and hotel stories is that CC actually encourages it. The CC review guidelines recommends including this information.

Thought I thought that the picture was of the Hilton, I was sure and did want to make a fool of myself (or at least didn't want to be a bigger fool than normal). To be honest, beyond getting from the parking lot to the lobby and taking pictures, I was not outside much. I was very tired from Friday night (the Dodger game) until Tuesday afternoon (the first day at sea).

Personally I was concerned that I spent too much time regarding my computer issues.

I actually read a review of a seven day cruise that spend 50% of the review on the trip to the port. And it wasn't even that interesting. To be fair, I've read reviews consisting of the entire trip to get to the ship, and those were in fact very interesting.

I also have to laugh went I see someone say that their review is "long" because it is more than three paragraphs. I average two to three pages per day. I try to provide as much information as possible and remain neutral in my review. To some, kids having fun in the pool is a good thing, while for others it is something to be avoided at all costs. So I'll just say the kids seemed to be having fun in the pool or I'll comment on the lack of kids on the cruise. That said, I do try to make my review entertaining.

No worries, I did not realize these were in guidelines. Really doesn't make sense to me since it is such a unique experience. I doubt more than a fraction of a percent of the 4000 passengers flee from LA, rented at Avid and stayed at cocoa beach Hilton. ;)

That was supposed to be flew, but flee is funnier

Edited by John&LaLa

Great review and thanks for posting all the photos. There are so many of them! Did you have a chance to visit or photograph any of the royal family suites? These are located on deck 8 and 9 all the aft. We have booked one of these for an upcoming cruise and are wondering if they received any work during the recent dry dock. We had heard that these cabins were getting a little long-in-the-tooth and could use new carpets, furniture, etc. In true RCI fashion, various company reps have stated both "definitely yes" and "definitely not". To our knowledge, there have been no reviews or images of these cabins posted since the dry dock. Thanks in advance!

No worries, I did not realize these were in guidelines. Really doesn't make sense to me since it is such a unique experience. I doubt more than a fraction of a percent of the 4000 passengers flee from LA, rented at Avid and stayed at cocoa beach Hilton. ;)

That was supposed to be flew, but flee is funnier

Flee is also more accurate. But what about that rent from Avid line? :)

Great review and thanks for posting all the photos. There are so many of them! Did you have a chance to visit or photograph any of the royal family suites? These are located on deck 8 and 9 all the aft. We have booked one of these for an upcoming cruise and are wondering if they received any work during the recent dry dock. We had heard that these cabins were getting a little long-in-the-tooth and could use new carpets, furniture, etc. In true RCI fashion, various company reps have stated both "definitely yes" and "definitely not". To our knowledge, there have been no reviews or images of these cabins posted since the dry dock. Thanks in advance!

I was in one in June 2007 on the Freedom of the Seas ( but did not photograph one during my recent cruise) ...

Kids room - sleeps four ...

2ndbedrm-MS.jpg

2ndbedrmdesk.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg

Kids bathroom ...

2ndBdrmbath.jpg

2ndBdrmshower.jpg

This is the cabin we were in ...

8714RFS.jpg

Edited by Cuizer2

This is what you see when you walk in ...

Hallfromdoor.jpg

This is what you see when you reach the end of the hallway and turn around wondering where the bedrooms are ...

Halltowarddoor.jpg

The balcony ...

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

There is a soot problem ...

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

The door to the regular sized cabin next door ...

IMG_2236.jpg

One of the kids got dressed up ...

IMG_2310.jpg

Master bedroom ...

MstrBdrm-1.jpg

MstrBdrm-2.jpg

Master bathroom ...

Mstrbath.jpg

View from the balcony ...

Viewaft.jpg

The sitting room ...

SitRmbedopen-1.jpg

SitRmbedopen-2.jpg

1scga-IMG_7456.jpg

Some of the kids we kidnapped on the way to the ship ...

Sittingroom.jpg

1scgk-IMG_1678.jpg

The inside room with the bed and kids folded up into the ceiling ...

1scgf-IMG_7457.jpg

Thank you for the review and the pictures. the butterfly pictures are amazing.

regarding Coco Cay. which beach would you recommend that is less crowded and has calm water?

In Labadee we went to the beach where you had to go through the market to get there. I can't remember the name but the water was much calmer and beach did not drop off like the one closer to the ship did.

Thanks

Thank you for the review and the pictures. the butterfly pictures are amazing.

regarding Coco Cay. which beach would you recommend that is less crowded and has calm water?

In Labadee we went to the beach where you had to go through the market to get there. I can't remember the name but the water was much calmer and beach did not drop off like the one closer to the ship did.

Thanks

When I was there all the water was calm. The farther around the island you go the less crowded it is.

I wanted to feed and photograph the fish, so I went to the beach that is near the food station, as it has rocks and easy access to bread.

Great review, great photos, you should be proud.:D

Our opinion, the Freedom's crew is the best crew in the RCL fleet.:D

Here is the best one I could find with a bear in it ...

thank-you107.gif

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and pictures. I am booked on the November 1st sailing on Freedom. I've never sailed RCL before, so your review really helped a lot, and I thoroughly enjoyed your pictures.

About what?? :confused: You might not really want to know........ :) :cool: :eek: :D

I was referring to change from posting all the pictures to posting only a few pictures and including links to the rest of the pictures.

I was trying out your brand of smart aleckyness...guess you didn't recognize it. :-D

I got it. I was going to respond in kind, but decided to use the opportunity to explain what I meant, since NOBODY has commented on it and I know some of the people that read my review have read some of my prior reviews. I think this method does work out better. Though perhaps I should have saved the suite photos for the links and posted more of the ship inside and outside photos. For example, these are two of my favorite photos and they are in the links, not posted with the review ...

ShpP_5750_zpszu5ljpsh.jpg

ShpS_5755_zpsp2acvqk9.jpg

Some of the Royal Promenade photos would have been good to post also (they are all linked instead).

Edited by Cuizer2