My D3 balcony, on June 14, 2015 Navigator, has dropped in price by approximately $650. Don't want to change balcony categories. Can Royal give me obc?

I doubt it but does not hurt to ask

My D3 balcony, on June 14, 2015 Navigator, has dropped in price by approximately $650. Don't want to change balcony categories. Can Royal give me obc?

Didn't they officially declared they were stopping last minute discounting?

Edited by BreeYark

Are you sure you are not just looking at a cruise price without the taxes and port charges.

Have not seen a category go down in a price that low ever

Are you sure you are not just looking at a cruise price without the taxes and port charges.

Have not seen a category go down in a price that low ever

There is a new Senior rate on D3 category that just started a few days ago. It is 1099 per person.

The standard rate on the D3 has fluctuated between 1565 at a high point as low as 1038 (last may) to 1311 (today).

Once within the final payment window which you are well into, they will not adjust pricing. If something in another category is cheaper or same price they usually allow you to upgrade at no charge or whatever the difference is. But as George said it doesn't hurt to ask for some obc but don't be angry when they refuse.

I doubt it but does not hurt to ask

It does hurt. Someone (OP in this case) will sit on hold for and be annoyed when they do not get a price adjustment. Someone at RCCL will also have wasted their time answering OPs call. Hopefully OP will not be belligerent. More agents wasting their time means a longer hold and cruise prices go up since RCCL has to hire more people to answer the phone.

OP will now feel that they have overpaid for their cruise, reinforced by the phone call. They will enjoy the cruise less.

This is probably one of the reasons for the cruise line to want to discontinue last minute discounts.

To the OP: last minute discounts are for people who are willing to take the worst cabins. They may not get the dining time they want or the show time they want. If they need airfare it may cost more.

It sounds like you are happy with your cabin. Enjoy your cruise.

OP: This happened to me last year and it sure does sting when you see a substantial price drop and nothing can be done about it. The only way I found out was because someone mentioned it on our roll call because I never check the RCL site after I make final payment just for this reason. I just wanted to share that I feel your pain, but you have a balcony you like and a cruise you will enjoy regardless I hope. I really never thought much about it once I realized that it is what it is.......... yikes, I hate that term (but it fits here)! Have a fantastic cruise!!! :)

Thank you sha88. I always have enjoyed cruising and know I will on this one. And to EGG, thank you so much for letting me know what I'm thinking and feeling! FYI, I spent 5 minutes and 30 seconds on the phone with Royal. Wasn't rude, belligerent, and said "thanks for checking" after the Royal rep told me no. If that phone call will require Royal to hire more CSRs and up cruise fare, Royal has WAY bigger problems! My mom always said the only dumb question is the one not asked.

Thank you sha88. I always have enjoyed cruising and know I will on this one. And to EGG, thank you so much for letting me know what I'm thinking and feeling! FYI, I spent 5 minutes and 30 seconds on the phone with Royal. Wasn't rude, belligerent, and said "thanks for checking" after the Royal rep told me no. If that phone call will require Royal to hire more CSRs and up cruise fare, Royal has WAY bigger problems! My mom always said the only dumb question is the one not asked.

EGG had a point, to bad you only saw what you wanted to in it

If that phone call will require Royal to hire more CSRs and up cruise fare, Royal has WAY bigger problems! My mom always said the only dumb question is the one not asked.

That one call won't require more CSRs, but if that attitude is prevalent (the attitude of "might as well ask, even though I know I'm not entitled to any discount or OBC"), then there are probably thousands of those 5 and a half minute calls over the course of a year, and it does add to the cost of providing customer service.

Your mom just repeated an old platitude to you that has some truth to it, but is not really true all the time.