Just off Oasis 4/25 UPDATED info on New Aft Grand Suites

We just got off the 4/25 sailing on the Oasis and stayed in room 12330 and had a wonderfully fantastic time!

I just wanted to update everyone that all 6 of the new aft grand suites received new balcony furniture while we were on our cruise last week. They took off all the old chairs and replaced them with brand new dark whicker chairs. We received two bar height chairs for viewing the aqua theater over the rail, 2 chairs for the table and 2 lounge type chairs each with an ottoman. I know for sure the 11th and 12th floors received all 6 of the new chairs. I do not know what the 14th floor received since their balcony is smaller.

Also, in the middle of the cruise our couch was switched out with a new one that no longer needs to be turned side ways to pull out the bed. Our 4 year old daughter used the couch bed every night and it was great once they changed the couch as our room attendant didn't have to move it every night and put it back every morning.

Not sure if I have any pictures as with a 4 year old and a baby with us it was hectic to take photos and when they were asleep I was relaxing and forgot but if I find any I will post them.

We LOVED this room! We've never had a regular Grand Suite before so we can not compare but this balcony is AMAZING!! We loved having two rooms as our 4 year old could stay awake in the living room while the baby slept in the bedroom and once everyone was sleeping the two kids wouldn't wake each other up if someone got up early. We had a pack and play set up between the bed and the patio door in the bedroom and we were still able to access the patio door. This left lots of room for floor play for the kids in between the bed, closet and bedroom door. There was tons of storage for all 4 of ours stuff. Everything fit plus had extra room. Two large closets, one is in the bedroom, one is in the entry way to the living room plus drawers and a large cabinet in the living room under the TV. Also a drawer and cabinet at each night stand and drawers on the vanity.

We had 3 other family adults travelling with us, so a total of 5 adults and 2 children and we all loved hanging out on the balcony. The Aqua Theater show performers practice all the time in the aqua theater and we loved watching them.

Any questions?

Quick question... Were your other family travelers in a suite also?

I have a May Oasis cruise coming up and staying in a suite. My brother/wife are not in a suite. I know I will frequent the concierge lounge often and will feel odd leaving them out. Was that ever an issue for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just got off the 4/25 sailing on the Oasis and stayed in room 12330 and had a wonderfully fantastic time!

I just wanted to update everyone that all 6 of the new aft grand suites received new balcony furniture while we were on our cruise last week. They took off all the old chairs and replaced them with brand new dark whicker chairs. We received two bar height chairs for viewing the aqua theater over the rail, 2 chairs for the table and 2 lounge type chairs each with an ottoman. I know for sure the 11th and 12th floors received all 6 of the new chairs. I do not know what the 14th floor received since their balcony is smaller.

Also, in the middle of the cruise our couch was switched out with a new one that no longer needs to be turned side ways to pull out the bed. Our 4 year old daughter used the couch bed every night and it was great once they changed the couch as our room attendant didn't have to move it every night and put it back every morning.

Not sure if I have any pictures as with a 4 year old and a baby with us it was hectic to take photos and when they were asleep I was relaxing and forgot but if I find any I will post them.

We LOVED this room! We've never had a regular Grand Suite before so we can not compare but this balcony is AMAZING!! We loved having two rooms as our 4 year old could stay awake in the living room while the baby slept in the bedroom and once everyone was sleeping the two kids wouldn't wake each other up if someone got up early. We had a pack and play set up between the bed and the patio door in the bedroom and we were still able to access the patio door. This left lots of room for floor play for the kids in between the bed, closet and bedroom door. There was tons of storage for all 4 of ours stuff. Everything fit plus had extra room. Two large closets, one is in the bedroom, one is in the entry way to the living room plus drawers and a large cabinet in the living room under the TV. Also a drawer and cabinet at each night stand and drawers on the vanity.

We had 3 other family adults travelling with us, so a total of 5 adults and 2 children and we all loved hanging out on the balcony. The Aqua Theater show performers practice all the time in the aqua theater and we loved watching them.

Any questions?

Thank you for posting this! I have had 11330 booked ever since the new deck plans were revealed, and have been reading the mixed reviews. It's good to see that the more recent opinions have been almost all positive compared to the reviews right after the drydock.

Was it distracting at all to be that close to the rock climbing wall? I've seen mixed answers to this question as well, and just wanted to get your take on this.

Thanks again!

Thanks very much for the update and good news re these suites.

I am booked in 11330 but not until next April. I have seen the interior of this suite on my Feb Oasis.

The thing I find puzzling is after my April 30/16 sailing this cabin on the RCI website becomes a Aqua 4 suite and not Grand Suite and is much more expensive. The description on the RCI website says two bedrooms, 2 baths and living area. Well there is no way there is room for that and as far as I know they would not be able to change the configuration to reflect that.

Perhaps a description is not accurate on the website and they just used the description from the other Aqua suites.

I did get a very favorable price for this Grand Suite though and very much look forward to it. I would have enjoyed it even with the old furniture :)

Thanks very much for the update and good news re these suites.

I am booked in 11330 but not until next April. I have seen the interior of this suite on my Feb Oasis.

The thing I find puzzling is after my April 30/16 sailing this cabin on the RCI website becomes a Aqua 4 suite and not Grand Suite and is much more expensive. The description on the RCI website says two bedrooms, 2 baths and living area. Well there is no way there is room for that and as far as I know they would not be able to change the configuration to reflect that.

Perhaps a description is not accurate on the website and they just used the description from the other Aqua suites.

I did get a very favorable price for this Grand Suite though and very much look forward to it. I would have enjoyed it even with the old furniture :)

Emmy, I am in this cabin two weeks before you and had the same thoughts after seeing the new deck plans (not the plans that went into effect after the dry dock several months ago, but the proposed plans as of May 2016). My concern was that they would need some time to make renovations of this scope, so I called Royal to make sure they weren't planning to relocate people who had already booked these cabins for April.

The first response I got from their customer service rep was that the changes would be made without any interruption or relocation of guests. When I explained that these weren't just cosmetic changes, she finally looked at the deck plans, then said she would need to put me on hold to talk with her supervisor. She then came back on and said they would probably need at least a week to do something like this, but that it would not impact my April 16 cruise. In my mind I was thinking it would take even longer than a week.

What was odd is that shortly after that conversation with them, the May 7, 2016 Oasis cruise disappeared off the website for a few weeks, but I see now that it is again available for booking. Beginning in May of 2016, the new A4 category has this description for 11330 and 11730...

Two bedrooms with two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long, two Pullman beds. Vanity with chair in each bedroom, living area with double convertible sofa, dining room, marble entry, entertainment center, two bathrooms - master bath with tub. Expansive balcony with table and chairs.

(659 sq. ft., balcony 648 sq. ft.)

I am curious and would love to hear from any CC members that have any of those six cabins (11330, 11730, 12330, 12730, 14330, 14730) booked for May of 2016, and what kind of cabin they are expecting...

Thank you so much for posting this. We are in 12330 in less than 3 weeks. Did you notice if there was enough room for the beds to be separated in the bedroom? I have read that there wasn't & my adult children are not too hot about sharing a bed. (I know - first world problem)

Thanks,

Virginia

Thank you so much for posting this. We are in 12330 in less than 3 weeks. Did you notice if there was enough room for the beds to be separated in the bedroom? I have read that there wasn't & my adult children are not too hot about sharing a bed. (I know - first world problem)

Thanks,

Virginia

I do have a photo of the bedroom in cabin 11330. Perhaps the OP can clarify as well.

17055931422_e1f713ae53_c.jpg

That is the description for the lower aqua theatre suites. They must have just transferred the description and not checked to see what they actually have. They do not have a second bedroom or 2 Pullman beds at this time. I have sent an email to rccl to let them know about the wrong room description.

The only way it will be correct is if they add one of the adjacent rooms to the suites and looking at the November 2016 deck plans they have not done that.

We received two bar height chairs for viewing the aqua theater over the rail, 2 chairs for the table and 2 lounge type chairs each with an ottoman.

Any questions?

Hi!

Thanks for posting. I am very excited to get your feedback. I believe this is going to be a great room for us. However, now I am a little nervous about these bar height chairs:eek: How high does it place you above the railing? I will be watching my kids but it still makes me nervous. I will probably try to store them somewhere inside the cabin!

Hi!

Thanks for posting. I am very excited to get your feedback. I believe this is going to be a great room for us. However, now I am a little nervous about these bar height chairs:eek: How high does it place you above the railing? I will be watching my kids but it still makes me nervous. I will probably try to store them somewhere inside the cabin!

You may be able to ask your room steward or concierge to remove them if you are concerned about the children. If you do a google search on aqua theater suite you will see them. I couldn't figure out how to post the picture.

Any questions?

Did you get pads for the wicker furniture? This has become an issue on other ships.

Quick question... Were your other family travelers in a suite also?

I have a May Oasis cruise coming up and staying in a suite. My brother/wife are not in a suite. I know I will frequent the concierge lounge often and will feel odd leaving them out. Was that ever an issue for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My other family members were not in a suite. They were right down the hall in an ocean balcony and a boardwalk balcony room. I did not utilize the suite lounge as I didn't want to bring the kids, but my husband would go a couple of times daily to get beer to bring back to the room.

On the final day we did use the suite guided departure as it was priority departure and loved it. We had the other 3 non suite adults join us and no one questioned us or said a thing.

We rented a barefoot beach cabana and the concierge gave us gold bands for everyone in our group so we could all be together in the cabana. We had 5 adults, one child and one infant.

Thank you for posting this! I have had 11330 booked ever since the new deck plans were revealed, and have been reading the mixed reviews. It's good to see that the more recent opinions have been almost all positive compared to the reviews right after the drydock.

Was it distracting at all to be that close to the rock climbing wall? I've seen mixed answers to this question as well, and just wanted to get your take on this.

Thanks again!

We were on Port side of the ship and I never noticed our sides rock wall open. I did see the other side open which didn't bother us. The only time I ever saw anyone on our side's rock wall was performers stretching on the mats at the bottom of the rock wall.

Thanks,

Virginia

There is space on either side of the bed after the night stands, but I don't think the bed can be separated as the night stands are permanent and can not move.

Did you get pads for the wicker furniture? This has become an issue on other ships.

We did not have pads for the wicker furniture. The furniture was brought in over the course of a couple of days so maybe they hadn't added it yet? We also go the replacement couch for the living room during our cruise.

Hi!

The seats of the chairs still sit below the height of the glass wall. But I would watch young children as the could climb on the chairs and if they stand on them I could see them falling over the wall. We had our 4 year old daughter with us and she only climbed to sit on the chairs a couple of times while we were with her. She preferred to sit lower and watch through the glass.

I'm staying in room 14730 in july, what suite benefits did you get? and did you use them, were they good?

We didn't utilize all the suite benefits for many reasons including kids with us and non suite adults with us. My husband visited the suite lounge a couple times each day for beer/drinks which we was allowed to leave and bring back to the room. We also used the suite line check in to get on the ship but there was no lines anywhere so that didn't really matter. We did book a barefoot beach cabana which the concierge gave us gold wristbands for everyone travelling with us. We also ordered from the dining room menu through room service one night to eat on our balcony which was really nice as the regular room service menu was very limited. We had the options in sitting in suite reserved areas for the shows but ended up choosing other seats. We loved the Suite priority disembarkation with the concierge on the last day. We skipped so many people in line to get off the ship and in customs. I can't think of any other perk we utilized.

We did not have pads for the wicker furniture. The furniture was brought in over the course of a couple of days so maybe they hadn't added it yet? We also go the replacement couch for the living room during our cruise.

RCI has been slow in replacing cushions on balconies or in your case, adding them to new balcony furniture. I started a thread on the RCI board about the need to replace cushions and some folks emailed the RCI CEO, Michael Bayley, and this seems to have resulted in some wicker balcony furniture getting cushions. Was the wicker furniture uncomfortable?

Thank you for describing the closets and other storage - with 4 adults in the stateroom we definitely will need 2 closets.

Can anyone CONFIRM if the beds in the bedroom can be separated? I thought all beds on RCCL ships could be separated into 2 singles, but maybe this is no longer the case.

Does the couch convert into a double size bed?

Where is the bathroom door located inside the bedroom - just inside the door to the bedroom? I am concerned about waking those sleeping in the bedroom if the bathroom is a good distance inside the bedroom. But it is great for 4 adults to have 2 SEPARATE rooms - just would be nice to have 2 bathrooms too!

Is the ceiling height an issue in the entire cabin for those over 6 feet tall or just in the tub / shower? One of those in our party is 6'2" or so...

• 3 weeks later...
I'm staying in room 14730 in july, what suite benefits did you get? and did you use them, were they good?

Could you please take photos and post them of your suite. We have booked that stateroom in October, and it has been getting really "bad" reviews, but no one has posted photos. Have a great cruise, and I truly believe we are going to love the stateroom! By the way, the Coastal Kitchen is fabulous!!!