Breakaway Spice H2O age

tcrny

I'd say it's pretty obvious Smokey is a regular here who changed their name for that one post.

Last time I was in Spice there were two guys in the hot tub drinking and yelling over each other and the sound of the hot tub itself. They probably thought they were just having a conversation but they were so loud we had to move. We were in the loungers by the back railing reading and enjoying a view of the wake.

I would much prefer quiet young ladies working on their tan.

So you think this is such a highly controversial topic that one has to go undercover and disguise their true identity in order to state an opinion that may differ from the majority?:rolleyes:. I hardly think that is called for in this instance.

I have probably sat next to many a 17 yr old with family in an Adult venue and never gave them a thought and I really don't mind that they are there. But realistically, I have been around groups of 17 year olds and left to their own devices, quiet young ladies they are NOT.;). Just say in'. Ever been in a hotel with a school or sports group of loosely supervised teenage girls? Oy vey. Just a trip down an elevator can be a challange:).

I don't care at all as long as they are supervised in an Adult Only area.

FWIW -- I agree with Smokey, who simply asked the Original Poster to follow the rules. The big picture to me is not whether the OP's 17-year-old would behave well in Vibe but whether passengers should follow the rules.

It is too easy for someone to say--it is more convenient for me to do what I want, so I won't bother following the rules. The result is chair hogs, smokers in non-smoking areas, people that skip muster drills (resulting in others having to wait), people that are late getting back to the excursion bus (causing others to have to wait), people trying to sneak liquor on board (causing more security measures and more waiting for others), etc.

People are very creative in finding a reason why in their particular, individual, special-circumstances case they shouldn't have to follow the rules. An adults-only area is a great idea and a benefit for those who want a little peace or quiet. The fact that loud obnoxious drunks ruin the area for those wanting a little peace and quiet is no reason to let others bring in their kids to an adult area.

Spice is for 18 and older so your 17 year old daughter would be ignoring the rules by going there. However, no problem with your 22 year old daughter hanging out in another non adult section of the ship with your 17 year old!

No one will notice. I have never seen anyone get carded to get into or stay in spice h2o on Getaway or Epic.

Don't let Smokey wreck your chances of enjoying some family time. They sound like a real joy to cruise with asking crew members to card people.:cool: Notice first post......I call troll

I second the troll call. Their 1st post revived a 2 month dead thread.

I second the troll call. Their 1st post revived a 2 month dead thread.

Everyone's got to have a first post at some point. Perhaps he was looking for info on Spice H20 and came across that 2 month old thread and felt compelled to comment on it, not knowing he would be tarred and feathered and run out of town for doing so. And if dredging up an old thread is all it takes to be a troll, then we have plenty of them. At least his was only 2 months old instead of 2 years.

And his comments were really not trollish. He actually has some good points. Most people, myself included probably, think other people should obey the rules, except when it affects us, and then we think they should be bent a little.

FWIW -- I agree with Smokey, who simply asked the Original Poster to follow the rules. The big picture to me is not whether the OP's 17-year-old would behave well in Vibe but whether passengers should follow the rules.

It is too easy for someone to say--it is more convenient for me to do what I want, so I won't bother following the rules. The result is chair hogs, smokers in non-smoking areas, people that skip muster drills (resulting in others having to wait), people that are late getting back to the excursion bus (causing others to have to wait), people trying to sneak liquor on board (causing more security measures and more waiting for others), etc.

People are very creative in finding a reason why in their particular, individual, special-circumstances case they shouldn't have to follow the rules. An adults-only area is a great idea and a benefit for those who want a little peace or quiet. The fact that loud obnoxious drunks ruin the area for those wanting a little peace and quiet is no reason to let others bring in their kids to an adult area.

This is probably the best post on this thread, or many others here.

Spice H2O should have a maximum age for those oldies in bathing suits, or at least curfew hours. I would rather only see younger females getting a tan when I enjoy Spice! :D

This thread would have been so much better with pics, in a professional way to me as an adult member of the reviewing committee.

As an adult traveling without children, I respectfully ask that you and everyone else with a mature 17 year old just shy of 18 please adhere to the "adult only" guidelines. Regardless of how mature your daughter may be, she still does not belong there any more than I belong doing cannonballs in the kiddie pool. While she may be "ready" for the adult only area, what if there are 100 other 17 year olds on board who are ready? It's not fair to the true adults to have to share the area during the day with them. Even if she is the only 17 year old in the area - what if there is only one chair left? Should I have to stand while your daughter sits? In addition, this is part of real life. She may have been "ready" and capable of driving safely at 15, but she would not have been given her license. She may be "ready" to vote now, but cannot until she is 18. This is an important life lesson for her that she cannot always have what she wants when she wants it. You would be teaching her that it is o.k. to skirt the rules "just this once" because you feel she has a valid reason. I love teenagers, employ many of them, and think they are amazing. However, I've paid as much for my cruise as everyone else, and part of what I've paid for is this adult only section during the day. Please think twice about this, if not for the adults, then for your daughter. In addition to the lesson she will learn, think how embarrassed she will be when I (or someone else) ask a crew member to check her I.D. (and I have done that before, politely and quietly). Please don't put either of us in that position.

wahhhhh

We were on Breakaway July 12-19, 2015. I sat in Spice H2O for all our sea days. My daughter is 16 now and will be 17 next month. (She looks older). She would periodically come up to Spice H2O to tell me something or touch base with me. (She did not stay or have a chair). On our last sea day, a crew member at the door stopped her and asked if she was 18. She said No, and stated she just wanted to go in for a minute and tell her Mom something. He did let her enter and she left a few minutes later after talking to me for a few. So......they do sometimes check.

Since when did spice become a library setting? Some of these posts make it sound like it is a serene and tranquil place. News flash, it is a gathering place for people on vacation, where there will be talking and OMG maybe laughter that might be a bit loud at times. Also and here is the kicker there is a bar where they sell this magic elixir called alcohol that makes people talk louder most of the time by having fun.

As far as breaking a simple rule like this, I say who cares. I can guarantee that everyone who has said that they do not want an under aged person in spice has broken at least one cruise ship rule. If they say no, than they are most likely lying.