Breakaway Spice H2O age

tcrny

We will be cruising with daughter ages 22 and 17. Is my 17 year old allowed in Spice? Thanks!

"Inspired by the renowned summer beach parties on the island of Ibiza, Spice H20 is an adult-only escape with contemporary Asian influences located aft on Deck 15."

I think most cruise lines have an adult only area now and this is NCL's.

Nobody checks Id at the door

A 17 yo with their 22 yo sibling will be unnoticed A 13/14/15 yo is different as they will obviously look younger in most cases

Key point here is that spice is a quiet venue by day and the pax there are not loud

Of course now the posters will chime in how this is breaking all the rules and how could you do this sort if thing and how unfair to take up space etc etc

Ignore them and enjoy your cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"Inspired by the renowned summer beach parties on the island of Ibiza, Spice H20 is an adult-only escape with contemporary Asian influences located aft on Deck 15."

I think most cruise lines have an adult only area now and this is NCL's.

Its the free one during the daytime, Vibe is the all-the-time adult one, but you have to paid for it.

As long as the girls are not vocally loud - no one will care that one of them is under 18.

Its the free one during the daytime, Vibe is the all-the-time adult one, but you have to paid for it.

As long as the girls are not vocally loud - no one will care that one of them is under 18.

In all my NCL cruises, I've hardly noticed a lot of kids, even on a summer Alaska cruise, so probably wouldn't notice a few there either. There is so much to keep younger kids occupied.

Thanks for ur input. My 17 year old is just a few months shy of turning 18 and prefers to be in quiet settings ... Which is why I was asking. I just wasn't sure if they would "card" her. She actually looks older than my age 22 daughter. I'm not looking to break rules ... Just hoping our family could enjoy the quiet adult areas. Thanks again!

• 2 months later...
We will be cruising with daughter ages 22 and 17. Is my 17 year old allowed in Spice? Thanks!

As an adult traveling without children, I respectfully ask that you and everyone else with a mature 17 year old just shy of 18 please adhere to the "adult only" guidelines. Regardless of how mature your daughter may be, she still does not belong there any more than I belong doing cannonballs in the kiddie pool. While she may be "ready" for the adult only area, what if there are 100 other 17 year olds on board who are ready? It's not fair to the true adults to have to share the area during the day with them. Even if she is the only 17 year old in the area - what if there is only one chair left? Should I have to stand while your daughter sits? In addition, this is part of real life. She may have been "ready" and capable of driving safely at 15, but she would not have been given her license. She may be "ready" to vote now, but cannot until she is 18. This is an important life lesson for her that she cannot always have what she wants when she wants it. You would be teaching her that it is o.k. to skirt the rules "just this once" because you feel she has a valid reason. I love teenagers, employ many of them, and think they are amazing. However, I've paid as much for my cruise as everyone else, and part of what I've paid for is this adult only section during the day. Please think twice about this, if not for the adults, then for your daughter. In addition to the lesson she will learn, think how embarrassed she will be when I (or someone else) ask a crew member to check her I.D. (and I have done that before, politely and quietly). Please don't put either of us in that position.

No one will notice. I have never seen anyone get carded to get into or stay in spice h2o on Getaway or Epic.

Don't let Smokey wreck your chances of enjoying some family time. They sound like a real joy to cruise with asking crew members to card people.:cool: Notice first post......I call troll

No one will notice. I have never seen anyone get carded to get into or stay in spice h2o on Getaway or Epic.

Don't let Smokey wreck your chances of enjoying some family time. They sound like a real joy to cruise with asking crew members to card people.:cool: Notice first post......I call troll

They have a point....

No need for name calling. Smokey made some valid points.

Enjoy your holiday and your going to get comments like no rules are rules so no she can't but as long as she's not disturbing anyone I can't see a problems its kids running around shouting and screaming they are trying to avoid she a young adult and I personally would have a problem I believe after a certain time in the evening it's open to all anyway

No need for name calling. Smokey made some valid points.

Yes, I was all set to agree with the other posters who came before him to say "not a problem". But he makes some very valid points. What if said 17 year old invites a group of her mature looking 17 year old friends back to sun with her? It could turn into a giggly, boisterous bunch of teenage enthusiasm.

If Mom goes along with this, I hope she sees to it that it remains "family only".

I'd say it's pretty obvious Smokey is a regular here who changed their name for that one post.

Last time I was in Spice there were two guys in the hot tub drinking and yelling over each other and the sound of the hot tub itself. They probably thought they were just having a conversation but they were so loud we had to move. We were in the loungers by the back railing reading and enjoying a view of the wake.

I would much prefer quiet young ladies working on their tan.

Oh good grief :rolleyes: Mine has been sitting back there with me off and on since 15. No one ever said boo, and they have never bothered anyone. On the other hand, the drunken idiots sitting in the hot tubs, hogging the pools, or acting like morons around the bars are a different story. :rolleyes:

Ignore the holier than thou posts. Truly. It won't be an issue.

Edited by SissasMomE

Okay, thank you. I did tell her she may be asked for her s&s card to prove she's allowed there. She's fine with that.

They will not ask lol the only reason they would ever ask is if she was being boisterous, which most 17-year old females aren't.

Since it seems to matter to you, no, this is not my first rodeo. Here is a link to a review I had published on Cruise Critic.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=259649

I'd say it's pretty obvious Smokey is a regular here who changed their name for that one post.

Last time I was in Spice there were two guys in the hot tub drinking and yelling over each other and the sound of the hot tub itself. They probably thought they were just having a conversation but they were so loud we had to move. We were in the loungers by the back railing reading and enjoying a view of the wake.

I would much prefer quiet young ladies working on their tan.

That was my first thought as well....a regular poster who changed their name

A 17 and 9 month old is actually considered an 18 yo in many aspects of life

Enjoy your time in spice. My college girls and I had a great time relaxing there on our January ba cruise this year

I'm a little sad the gem for jan 16 won't have spice

But the ba is way overpriced compared to what I paid last jan so the gem it is for us next jan!!!!

Oh and for all you purists ....I even shared 2 bottles of wine with my 19 and 20 years olds last jan.....

Imagine that.....when legal drinking age is 21 at home!!!! Lol

Amazingly so....they still don't drink...party....etc....

But they did learn a lot about wine and pairings

Bad parent....bad parent. 😎😱

Sent from my iPhone using Forums