Not much snow??

titansluvr

We are leaving for a RT on the Ruby Princess in 2 weeks. Seen a few pics so far from ships there now. Looks like there is hardly any snow on the peaks:( Chose May because I wanted to see snow covered mountains...please tell me its not so for those of you that have been there in May!

LOL...You need to take a cruise to NH. We are still skiing up here in the Northeast. We are going to Alaska to warm up......:eek:

Or Colorado. The mountains outside my window just got a huge dose of snow 10,000+ feet and up.

Disappointed we won't see much snow when we head to Fairbanks in 2 weeks for a two week vacation of a lifetime. I think hubby is jumping for joy though! It was a rough winter in the Northeast and the thought of more snow terrifies him.

LOL...You need to take a cruise to NH. We are still skiing up here in the Northeast. We are going to Alaska to warm up......:eek:

Hah! Right you are! I just peeked out my window at the top of Attitash, and there's still snow up on the top runs! Crazy!

I have friends in Fairbanks and Anchorage who talked about their mild winter, so I knew this was going to be a less-snowy year to travel there, but I'm okay with that. I'm DONE with the snow for a while!

Interesting thread and I was noticing the same on kroooz cams this week.

I love the snow capped peaks in May too and it would be disappointing to not see that but I guess the plus side is the weather seems to be pleasant already :)

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

in Fairbanks and Anchorage who talked about their mild winter, so I knew this was going to be a less-snowy year to travel there, but I'm okay with that. I'm DONE with the snow for a while!

For a time this winter, when it was so danged cold here in Massachusetts, I was regularly checking the weather for Fairbanks and points north, just out of curiosity. Much of the time it was warmer north of the Arctic Circle than it was outside my window! :eek:

We are leaving for a RT on the Ruby Princess in 2 weeks. Seen a few pics so far from ships there now. Looks like there is hardly any snow on the peaks:( Chose May because I wanted to see snow covered mountains...please tell me its not so for those of you that have been there in May!

Come to Seattle a day early, rent a car and run up to Paradise Inn on Mount Rainier. Four feet of snow on the ground at present.