how good is water pressure in showers?

Grandma7

If I get a regular cabin and don't have the Hansgroe shower head what can i expect? My husband is really funny about his shower and we are looking at a 15 day cruise. He would get very grumpy without good water pressure! Really don't want to pay extra money for a better shower, but will if thats what it takes. Thanks for any info.

We had a standard balcony last month on the Silhouette and the water pressure was very strong. Like a burst fire hydrant. I was pleased until I arrived home and realized my shower is like a broken sprinkler in comparison.

If I get a regular cabin and don't have the Hansgroe shower head what can i expect? My husband is really funny about his shower and we are looking at a 15 day cruise. He would get very grumpy without good water pressure! Really don't want to pay extra money for a better shower, but will if thats what it takes. Thanks for any info.

Will you be on the Reflection?

S Class Vessels have good water pressure, I believe all have low flow shower heads to conserve. Its just a couple of weeks relax and enjoy!

Shower pressure was great on M class S class and even the Century, on inside, balcony cabins on upper decks. No worry.

The problem for me was scheduling shower/bathroom time with the other person sharing my cabin.:D

25 years, 7 different lines, and 5 different Celebrity ships, I have yet to need to spend a longer amount of time in the shower than at home in any catagory cabin. Well, unless I have company!:eek::D;)

We have not found oressure to be an issue, but, something weird happened to my hair on our last cruise on Reflection, about a week in, it went very limp and greasy (I usually have dry hair, and its never happened at home) I couldnt do a thing with it, and it stayed that way until I got back to UK. Something weird about the water maybe? Someone said its called 'Ship Hair'??

its only 15 days - why would he need a shower ? [emoji12]

seriously though I have been in various category of cabins and the shower has always been fine. sometimes i use the showers up in the gym ti avoid waiting timed . aSWMBO has priority over me in the cabin [emoji12]

When we were on Reflection, the water pressure was just fine. However, when trying to get hot water from the sink, it was coming out lukewarm at best. Not good for shaving. I had figured it was me not putting it in the proper location to get hot. It continued. I decided to investigate and when I looked under the sink, the hot water valve was opened by only a 1/4 turn. I opened the valve more and got really hot water.

We have not found oressure to be an issue, but, something weird happened to my hair on our last cruise on Reflection, about a week in, it went very limp and greasy (I usually have dry hair, and its never happened at home) I couldnt do a thing with it, and it stayed that way until I got back to UK. Something weird about the water maybe? Someone said its called 'Ship Hair'??

Funny because I love my 'ship hair'. The water is much softer than the very hard well water we have at home. I need to use much less shampoo to get a good lather (I usually forget once each cruise and end up with so much sudz) and it comes out looking great with no work at all. Not limp or greasy though at all. The added humidity also enhances the natural waves in my hair.

Thanks for relies. Some of you guys are funny! I have reserved a C1 on Reflection but am looking to change to Deluxe Veranda on Silhouette. This helped me make up my mind!

The showers on Silhouette Veranda cabins are outside on the balcony - very exhilarating [emoji41]

We have had water pressure problems in the aqua class cabins on the infinity and millennium. Those cabins have the new, high end, showers with the body jets which are adjustable where they point, but are not really adjustable in their output of water. Those jets could drill a hole right through your body, if you're not careful. BTW, if they are pointed wrong and you turn on the shower the wrong way, you will be washing the walls and floor of your bathroom :)

So our problem has been too much pressure, never too little pressure....

I let my wife to use the shower and bathroom solely to herself in the morning.

The best water pressure on almost all ships is upstairs, in the locker/spa areas.

I'll allow my wife to sleep in while I have a swim or workout in the morning, followed by a very powerful water pressured shower in the men's dressing area. Just don't tell too many people, as I do not like to wait for my shower. :D