Summit Review 5-3-15 sail date

pumpkin 11

We leave on Summit this upcoming Sunday and can't wait, thank you for the review. Out of curiosity is it normal that they do not have red wine? Is that on the whole ship? I only ask because I only drink red wine (no white or mixed drinks) and will be disappointed if it is not available.

I did not use the wine bar however I got plenty of red wine at the various bars included in the classic pk.

Did they have outside movies and if so what were they?

They had "Movies Under the Stars" a few nights on our April Summit cruise. They were held on deck 12. My parents tried to go one night but it had either rained or the crew had washed the deck and everything was all wet so they didn't stay to watch. According to my dailies, they showed "Hercules", "The Other Woman" and "Jack Ryan".

I have the same question as previous poster, regarding Blu on embarkation.

Also, was Beef fillet served the first night?

We just got off the Summit as well. Embarkation was a breeze and no more bus shuttle to ship. We ate lunch in the main dining room as BLU was not opened for lunch. The fillet was excellent. David the Blu manager was very social and alway lent a helping hand. We did have to wait a couple of evenings but it was not to long. Liked being on deck 11. Very quiet.

We had two beautiful days in Bermuda and the last day it rained in the afternoon. All in all, we have no complaints.

If it was open we were not told about it, went to the Buffet. Yes, the Beef Fillet was served the first night. They had a movie on deck one night, we did not go but saw it in the paper. Yes, the beach shuttle is running in the dockyard and no there were no actives at all run by the dockyard.

Thank you.

Laura

The wine bar had no red wine priced to sell if you had the basic drink package. Plenty of Red if you wanted to pay the price and a few decent red wines if you had the premium drink package

The wine bar had no red wine priced to sell if you had the basic drink package. Plenty of Red if you wanted to pay the price and a few decent red wines if you had the premium drink package

Celebrity states that they have "a global selection of wines" in the Classic package. If they had NO wines in the classic package available in The Wine Bar, it would definitely warrant a trip to see the Hotel Director.

As it is, it has already been stated that we can't get drinks in the Martini Bar with the classic package (that's also seemingly dependent on the ship and the bartenders), and now you are saying the Wine Bar also doesn't have red wine available in the Classic package.

I won't hesitate to bring these issues to the attention of someone higher up, if this is the case on our upcoming cruise.

We also just got off the Summit today and agree that the food in Blu was excellent but felt that the service was not quite as good as it had been on previous cruises. We had to wait on four of the seven nights with a beeper and that took anywhere from ten to fifteen minutes. They just seemed shot staffed. One night we waited for almost thirty minutes for our main course to arrive.

Also the wine bar now has no Red wine if you are on the basic package. It was funny watching the bar man TOTO trying to explain that. Yes you could get white wine or beer but no red.

None of the beers at cellar masters are covered on the basic package. I was just on the week before you, they are all very expensive IPA's and mico brews, some are not even covered by the premium package.

loved TOTO he was so great:)

Hi We leave 2 weeks from today on our cruise so thanks for the TR.

We haven't cruised in almost 20 years & have heard a lot of doom & gloom on this site about the cruise line changes so we are hoping it's as good as the 8 cruises we took a long time ago.

Question: you said the ferries were crowded. How far in advance do you need to queue up for them? Was there a line just to buy transportation tokens? We chose select dining also & booked times already so will we have to wait for a table? I think I am sorry we didn't choose a seating but 6pm was too early & 830 too late.

I can't believe they didn't have red wine either as that's what I prefer. Hope they get it in for our sailing!

Did you feel you would have to upgrade to premium or was the classic beverage package good enough?

You said food was good in MDR but you had Blu- we just have regular MDR so is the food the same?

We are looking forward to going- last time we went to Bermuda we sailed our own boat there so this will be quite different.

There are plenty of red wines covered by the basic package throughout the ship. You will ot be getting them in Cellar Masters because Cellar Masters is a high end wine bar, the fact that there is a white that is covered is just an anomaly. They are not trying to have cheaper wines at that location because they want to sell the wide selection of more expensive wines. Red wine that is covered is available in the dining room, rendezvous, revelations, bistro on five, café al bacio, at the buffet bar, pool bar, sunset bar and mast bar.

Celebrity states that they have "a global selection of wines" in the Classic package. If they had NO wines in the classic package available in The Wine Bar, it would definitely warrant a trip to see the Hotel Director.

As it is, it has already been stated that we can't get drinks in the Martini Bar with the classic package (that's also seemingly dependent on the ship and the bartenders), and now you are saying the Wine Bar also doesn't have red wine available in the Classic package.

I won't hesitate to bring these issues to the attention of someone higher up, if this is the case on our upcoming cruise.

That is a high end wine bar, and it doesn't have any reds on the classic package. It has some wines that are available on the premium package, but even those are somewhat limited. There are plenty of places you can get a red wine, including right under the wine bar at revelations. You can walk in and sit with your red wine, you just can't purchase it there.

None of the beers at cellar masters are covered on the basic package. I was just on the week before you, they are all very expensive IPA's and mico brews, some are not even covered by the premium package.

loved TOTO he was so great:)

Cheryl do you happen to remember any of the names of the craft beers that were available or even better have a list?

Cheryl do you happen to remember any of the names of the craft beers that were available or even better have a list?

No Sarah, I'm sorry I don't. They were not beers I had ever heard of and some were quite expensive. I will ask my friend Joe, he might remember some of them. I'll check back here after I speak to him.

No Sarah, I'm sorry I don't. They were not beers I had ever heard of and some were quite expensive. I will ask my friend Joe, he might remember some of them. I'll check back here after I speak to him.

I had asked in another thread Cheryl if this was the Elwis you mentioned was so wonderful in Blu.

03_5.jpg

He was on our first 3 sailings on the Summit and was just amazing!

Sorry that BILLP1 had a bad experience in Blu. We, too, were on the May 3 Summit cruise and had the opposite experience. We waited for a table only on the first evening even though we needed a table for four and we came at different times each night. The manager of Blu, David, was outstanding. He was everywhere! We had two waiters over the seven days - Jose and Rambo - and both were excellent as were their assistants. We bought at least one bottle of wine each night, and the sommelier, Elvis, was very accommodating. Yes, the picture someone posted was Elvis! We found the food to be very good. This was our third time in Aqua class, and by far the best Blu experience as far as service was concerned. This is the first cruise on which we did not dine in a specialty restaurant as Blu felt special every night. We ate breakfast in Blu once. It was just okay. I do not believe it was open for lunch on embarkation day.

Sorry that BILLP1 had a bad experience in Blu. We, too, were on the May 3 Summit cruise and had the opposite experience. We waited for a table only on the first evening even though we needed a table for four and we came at different times each night. The manager of Blu, David, was outstanding. He was everywhere! We had two waiters over the seven days - Jose and Rambo - and both were excellent as were their assistants. We bought at least one bottle of wine each night, and the sommelier, Elvis, was very accommodating. Yes, the picture someone posted was Elvis! We found the food to be very good. This was our third time in Aqua class, and by far the best Blu experience as far as service was concerned. This is the first cruise on which we did not dine in a specialty restaurant as Blu felt special every night. We ate breakfast in Blu once. It was just okay. I do not believe it was open for lunch on embarkation day.

My experience was the same as clo6216, but I was on the week before. David, the Maitre 'd was simply the best I have ever seen on any ship. Really getting involved and helping his staff, running around with juice or butter, whatever was needed. We too had Jose and Rambo, with their assistants, and they were excellent.

Yes Sarah, that is the lovely Elvis and he was fabulous!!!!!

I had asked in another thread Cheryl if this was the Elwis you mentioned was so wonderful in Blu.

03_5.jpg

He was on our first 3 sailings on the Summit and was just amazing!

I'm another Cheryl, but yes, he was our sommelier in Blu for this cruise. Poor sweet man was being run ragged some nights, yet kept his patience and pleasant nature. He really knows his wines and recommended well for us.

I'm another Cheryl, but yes, he was our sommelier in Blu for this cruise. Poor sweet man was being run ragged some nights, yet kept his patience and pleasant nature. He really knows his wines and recommended well for us.

Thanks another Cheryl LOL

I hope he is still there for our sailing. He's fantastic! He made our dining experience that much more pleasurable. :)

We will then consider eating there if Bistro on five is not available. Also, I'm glad to hear that the filet was excellent in Blu---Do you remember if it was served the first night? Thanks again for all your information posted. I will do the same once I have sailed in mid June...

Thanks another Cheryl LOL

I hope he is still there for our sailing. He's fantastic! He made our dining experience that much more pleasurable. :)

He will be there until October 24th.....he leaves the ship when the South bound repo docks in San Juan. The only problem is that he is in Blu and you won't get to see much of him if you are not in Blu, but stop by and say hi to him, I know he will appreciate it because he is so gracious. He also told me he may end up moving around so that would be good for us as well.....because I'm not in Blu in October...though I wish I were:)

He will be there until October 24th.....he leaves the ship when the South bound repo docks in San Juan. The only problem is that he is in Blu and you won't get to see much of him if you are not in Blu, but stop by and say hi to him, I know he will appreciate it because he is so gracious. He also told me he may end up moving around so that would be good for us as well.....because I'm not in Blu in October...though I wish I were:)

He wasn't in our section our last sailing w/ him but we found him and he did stop by several times through out our cruise to check in on us and made sure our current dude was keeping us happy. He's a really great guy I'm so glad he'll be there.

We will then consider eating there if Bistro on five is not available. Also, I'm glad to hear that the filet was excellent in Blu---Do you remember if it was served the first night? Thanks again for all your information posted. I will do the same once I have sailed in mid June...

Sorry to say that lunch in the main dining room on embarkation day was not good. Food selection, preparation and service poor. Bistro is open for $10 fee, though. The filet in Blu was excellent and it was served on the first night. If you like beef, another Blu recommendation, though I don't remember which night - short ribs! Yum!

Sorry to say that lunch in the main dining room on embarkation day was not good. Food selection, preparation and service poor. Bistro is open for $10 fee, though. The filet in Blu was excellent and it was served on the first night. If you like beef, another Blu recommendation, though I don't remember which night - short ribs! Yum!

I wasn't aware that the MDR was open on embarkation day? I thought for non-suite passengers it was just the buffet, Bistro on 5 and the Aqua Spa café?

is lunch on the MDR open to everyone or only to the higher classes? We have an OV cabin.

Lunch in the MDR is open to all. The Buffet is open to all. Bistro on 5 is open to all who want to pay 10$. Last week it seemed empty most of the time. I think the Aqua Spar Cafe was closed first day.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

Edited by hypercafe