Champaign Breakfast?

does anyone know what the 4 courses are for this breakfast?

would hate to book it and end up with smoked salmon and bagles.....

This is the usual menu

Heidsieck Monopole Champagne (half bottle)

Oven fresh breakfast pastries

Cold smoked salmon

Medley of fresh fruits & forest berries

Quiche Lorraine

However we are not keen on smoked salmon. So we have previously asked for eggs benedict and another time we asked for omelettes. Both times our changes were honoured.

There is a load of food we have asked friends over previously and four of us had the breakfast for Two!

That's probably a good idea, if a European-style breakfast doesn't appeal to you. We did it on our last cruise and it was just ok. It was a lot of food and you do get a quiche and as much bacon as you'd like, but it's also tomatoes and smoked salmon. And A LOT of pastries. We had leftovers for sure.

I would recommend doing your own champagne breakfast by grabbing a 375 ml of Korbel from the bar the night before ($10) and get room service delivered the next morning. Or go up to buffet and bring food back to room.

would the korbel be included in the AI drinks package i wonder?

I've never used the AI package but seem to recall it's drinks $10 & under?

If you don't get the drink package, on all 3 of our cruises in the past 6 months they had a daily BOGO deal between 3:00 to 4:00 and 11:00 to midnight. We never used it (we drink wine in our cabin & use the wine package at dinner) but it was very popular. I've read of passengers buying BOGO drinks & not having them opened so they could drink them later.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I think I will pass :) as nothing seems to be appetizing to me.

id prefer bacon, eggs and toast lol

Try the balcony dinner instead. Even DH thinks it is a good value for $100. Drinks, hors d'ouevres, photo, flowers, and delicious dinner.

Yes, the Korbel is included, but the bottle is opened by the server, at time of sale.

The small bottles of Korbel are included in the ultimate drinks package.

Just to clarify the Bar tenders will leave bottles unopened if asked and we took these back to our cabin for later.

It's only me sailing and I find breakfasts the weirdest to find table mates.... So if it is too much for two it's gonna be way too much for 1 lol. I've had the balcony dinners before and agree it's awesome !!!

You could always just order what you want from room service for breakfast.

and got it for free. After I redeemed points for 750$ off the cruise, I garnered some extra points to cash in before we sailed.

I do not eat salmon...so my husband got to enjoy. It was pretty awesome though- because I chose sailaway from Venice on the Royal to do it...we had one of the "obstructed" balconies which were pretty large compared the most of the small ones on the ship.

We would never bother again to do it, but it was fun and of course too much food...a really memorable morning....

Bernadette

We enjoyed it the couple of times we did it. Once was with an obstructed view cabin, which was more challenging to fit all the things. We always have had leftover pastries to enjoy later in our cruise.

I agree with some of the others. This menu isn't for me. As for the champagne I also agree there. If you can handle Korbel just do the BOGO and have them not open the bottle. I've read where quite a few folks have done that and then had their own version of Champagne Breakfast using room service. I've had no problem ordering "off the menu" with room service. I just write in what I want and it shows up in the morning.

My favorite breakfast when we eat out on land is the Senior Special at a local diner. 2 eggs over medium, hash browns, bacon, English muffin, and coffee. (For those in the UK who wonder what in heck an English muffin is think of a sort of Americanized version of crumpet.)

crumpets.jpg

Just to reiterate with others have said, the small bottle of Korbel is included with the AI package and you can have them not open the bottle. This is what I did. I "bought" a small bottle of Korbel before I retired for the evening, and told them not to open it. I then put it in my mini-fridge and opened it for the next morning's room service breakfast. It was a lot cheaper than the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast and just as enjoyable. I would assume you could also get a champagne glass from room service upon request.