"LIVE" - Jewel of the Seas - 16 May 2015 - Royal returns to the West Coast

Traveling along with you. We are going to be in room 7092 which is across the hall when we are on jewel for Xmas. If you get a chance can you let me know if the lifeboat cover restricts the view. Thanks and have a great cruise.

We were in 7592 on Radiance. The lifeboat cover is about level with the floor of the balcony, not an issue for us. The balcony is large enough for TWO loungers:):D

There we are (on the left).

17558786978_0804c54e4c_b.jpg

It was exciting to come see the Jewel this afternoon, and then the sail away later, via the webcam. Looking forward to more of your LIVE review!

Darn, timed out.

7592 (Radiance)

DSCN3026.jpg"]DSCN3026.jpg[/url]

nice picture of the balcony - thank you for posting. I am thinking 7092 on Jewel should be at least very simular. I am hoping the lifeboat cover does not impact the views too much, not too bothered about not being able to see all the way to the ocean looking down. Again, thank you for posting.

Edited by britty1

The popularity of west coast cruises showed early as this cruise filled up fast and the prices shot up. We elected to try an outside cabin as it was reasonably priced and we had never had a cabin with a window before. But several weeks ago we got a pleasant surprise when we received a C&A free upgrade to a balcony. The original cabin they assigned us was up forward, I think 7030. I prefer from the middle to the aft and there was another cabin open so we got moved to 7594.

I like the central location and I hope it's close proximity to the Business Center will help with the WiFi. Jewel does not have ship wide WiFI, just hot spots. The last time we were on Jewel that was the area of the ship I would generally go for WiFi.

17641408061_10b3d4e30e_b.jpg

Great cabin location, Bill! We are in Catalina this morning and have yet to run into you and Marie. Maybe later today. :)

Great cabin location, Bill! We are in Catalina this morning and have yet to run into you and Marie. Maybe later today. :)

Hopefully. We were up in Vortex after 7 last night and met up with a large group from the roll call. Hope they can fix the table. [emoji12]

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk