Sugar-free coffee syrups availability on Crown Princess?

ididrtmhonest

After reading some related posts, it looked like there were no options for sugar-free coffee syrups as of last fall on the Crown Princess. Has this changed? I did see a post from this winter that another Princess ship offered 2 different options.

Thanks.

After reading some related posts, it looked like there were no options for sugar-free coffee syrups as of last fall on the Crown Princess. Has this changed? I did see a post from this winter that another Princess ship offered 2 different options.

Thanks.

Are you sure the coffee syrup has sugar? That makes no sense. It's coffee, not like pre-made iced tea. I don't like sugar in my coffee, and I'm diabetic. I have never tasted sugar in my coffee. If it's really a concern, I would buy a coffee card and get fresh brewed.

Also, lattes etc., are made from fresh grounds, not syrup. If you have a flavor added, they do have sugar. Is that what you mean by coffee syrup? A regular latte/cappuccino should have espresso and milk .. skimmed for a skinny or whole for a regular. You can add your own sugar.

Maureen

The ones that you get added at coffee shops and the ones my DH is practically addicted to.

We use the sugar-free Torani but there are several brands.

Judging from various posts on CC, the syrup used to actually make the coffee for the dining venues is frequently held in low esteem. :eek: So we decided to get coffee cards but now I am wondering if I will need to find small bottles of our favorite flavors and have them in our cabin.

I often have a flavored latte instead of dessert - it satisfies my sweet tooth without being quite so high in sugar. I have almost given up diet pop but I am not willing to totally forgo my coffee treat. :D

The ones that you get added at coffee shops and the ones my DH is practically addicted to.

We use the sugar-free Torani but there are several brands.

Judging from various posts on CC, the syrup used to actually make the coffee for the dining venues is frequently held in low esteem. :eek: So we decided to get coffee cards but now I am wondering if I will need to find small bottles of our favorite flavors and have them in our cabin.

I often have a flavored latte instead of dessert - it satisfies my sweet tooth without being quite so high in sugar. I have almost given up diet pop but I am not willing to totally forgo my coffee treat. :D

Sorry. I misunderstood the question. I'm so used to topics on the liquid coffee, that was my first instinct. I'd bring my own if it's important to you.

By the way, the coffee that isn't specialty has improved immensely. It's close to very good. My opinion, of course. I do get my unflavored latte for my first cup though. :D

Maureen

I order vanilla lattés which from Starbucks, the vanilla flavoring is a syrup. I always order my latte sugar free.

On my last two cruises on the Royal the IC did not have sugar free syrups as I was told the flavorings are powder not syrups and they don't come sugar free.

The reason the powdered flavorings don't come sugar free is because Princess doesn't choose to order them that way. Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf has NSA flavors. No Sugar Added, not sugar free, because the powder has milk powder as well, and lactose is a sugar. :)

I order vanilla lattés which from Starbucks, the vanilla flavoring is a syrup. I always order my latte sugar free.

On my last two cruises on the Royal the IC did not have sugar free syrups as I was told the flavorings are powder not syrups and they don't come sugar free.

You can get a small sized either Toriani or DaVinci flavored syrup at WalMart. They had several different flavors, don't remember what but know Hazelnut is among them.

M.

If you cannot find your favorite flavorings you can also put syrups into other containers.