All Things Ovation of the Seas!

On Quantum there is a nice bar on the 2nd level of the Music Hall overlooking the stage. The Golden Room (originally the Diamond Lounge) is also on the 2nd level just forward of the bar. From our observations the only requirement to get into the Golden Room was the ability to wager very high stakes gambling. They do not want spectators (unless they are with a high roller) and access to the locked room is constantly monitored. So if you really enjoy wagering thousands of dollars a hand and love smoke filled rooms - the Golden Room is the place for you. The Music Hall is a wonderful venue and the conversion of the Diamond Lounge to the Golden Room has little or no impact on the enjoyment of the Music Hall.

On the PDF deck plans for Ovation it clearly states that the Golden Room is a VIP Gamblers invitation only room during Asian cruises only, but will be the Diamond Lounge on all other cruises globally & in Australia. Hope that is the case.

Also hope they have time to air the ship out from the smoke after the Asian cruises - glad I've booked one of the last Australian cruises in her short Australian first season so she has longer to freshen up! :)

We can now book The Dream & Spectra's Cabaret for THE MAIDEN cruise - 17th April, The Dream is only on for the one night, Day 5, & only has 2 shows, 7pm & 9pm, guess it will be crowded.

Spectra's Cabaret varies on the other 4 nights,

Day 1 8:15 or 10:30

Day 2 7:45 or 10:15

Day 3 7:30

Day 4 8:15 or 10:30

I tried booking the day 2 10:15 but it wouldn't let me as there was a schedule conflict with my dinner reservation in Chic at 8:00

So I tried day 4 at 10:30 with Chic at 7:00 but again it wouldn't let me book it without re-scheduling Chic, when I tried to do this I couldn't because the times left were all after 9:00 & therefore had a "schedule conflict" How long are they expecting us to be in the restaurants for? Is service going to be that slow?

I remember on Anthem they suggested to allow 2 hours for dining & I managed to book everything for a 16 nighter with no problems, there's 3.5 hours between our dining time & Spectra's Cabaret !!!!!

In the end I cancelled Chic on Day 2 so that I could book Spectra's Cabaret so we will be either taking pot luck on the restaurants or Windjammer, either way no big deal, do you think it is just another annoying IT glitch?

We can now book shows for the May 3rd sailing, same issues re clashes. I cancelled Silk to book and when I tried to get another time the only available one clashed with the show even though my 7.00pm one would have been fine, crazy :eek:

We can now book shows for the May 3rd sailing, same issues re clashes. I cancelled Silk to book and when I tried to get another time the only available one clashed with the show even though my 7.00pm one would have been fine, crazy :eek:

There seems to be a bug in their system (surprise). If you have trouble booking a show, because of a conflict that is not a real conflict, just get out, go back into the planner and try again. Worked for us. We were told we had a conflict because we were booking an 8 PM show on the same day we had booked 11 AM Northstar! [emoji37]

Just received the news that the Ovation can´t go to Hamburg on Saturday due to low water. The drydock will start later.

steamboats

Oh dear, that does not sound good. I assume that this will have implications for the handover as this was always quite tight anyway.

Corinna

Just received the news that the Ovation can´t go to Hamburg on Saturday due to low water. The drydock will start later.

Do you think this will delay any cruise schedule?

Do you think this will delay any cruise schedule?

Bob, I don´t think so. Looks like she will stay until Thursday or so. So maybe she won´t return to Bremerhaven for the hand over cermony but stay in Hamburg instead.

Unfortunately there´s no press release so far.

steamboats

Bob, I don´t think so. Looks like she will stay until Thursday or so. So maybe she won´t return to Bremerhaven for the hand over cermony but stay in Hamburg instead.

Unfortunately there´s no press release so far.

steamboats

As always, thanks for the inside scoop.:)

Found this article on the latest status (the text below is translated from German w/Google Translate) - http://www.schiffsjournal.de/zweiter-werftaufenthalt-der-ovation-of-the-seas-bei-blohmvoss-in-hamburg-verschiebt-sich/

Second-dock period of Ovation of the Seas at Blohm + Voss in Hamburg shifts

by ship journal • April 1, 2016

The renewed Hamburger dock period of Ovation of the Seas, the newest cruise ship Meyer Werft has to be postponed due to low water levels in the Elbe. These derive from unfavorable wind conditions, which push out the water from the Elbe. (Approximately 30-40 cm less than usual)

As reported today the Bremerhaven Cruise Terminal on the website, the Ovation of the Seas is not as planned tomorrow, Saturday ( we reported ) in Hamburg at Blohm + Voss be docked. The same was confirmed by the Royal Caribbean International in the morning against Schiffsjournal.de. The cruise giant remains until probably Sunday afternoon in Bremerhaven. After previous trials, it was decided by the Meyer Werft, that the current newly developed propeller - with which the fuel consumption should be further optimized - not true. In Hamburg drydock now want to switch to the original drive propeller. Finally, the surrender to the shipping company for the 08:04 is planned before the Ovation of the Seas to Southampton, England to break. From there, the maiden voyage will start on 04.17.2016.

The "Ovation of the Seas", translated "applause of the seas", is the third of five ships of the Quantum-class for the US-American shipping company Royal Caribbean International. It has a length of 347.75 meters, a width of 41.4 meters and is measured by 168 666 GT. The 4,188 passengers, the ship is, as already have the sister ships "Quantum of the Seas" and "Anthem of the Seas", a variety of innovative attractions. Among the "Bionic Bar" in the robot mix the drinks, and the "North Star", a view gondola that transports the Crusaders 90 meters above the sea level. Special feature of "Ovation" is that it is designed for the Chinese market and from next summer have its home port in Tianjin.

Edited by jv_nyc

17th of April !!!!! I'm booked on the 14th !!!

I'm not saying anything, as anything could still happen - the 14th might be back on & then again the 17th might still be cancelled as well.

Thank you for finding & posting this jv_nyc

Just found this on Bremerhaven website also translated via Google

The patient wait is over. Since March 28, the "Ovation of the Seas" is the Columbus Cruise Center Bremerhaven (CCCB). It is one of the largest ever built in Germany cruise ships. The more than 4,000-passenger giant will remain present state until probably Sunday morning, April 3 in Bremerhaven and then leave town again to go again at Blohm + Voss in Hamburg into the dock. Actually, the "Ovation" was to leave in the direction of Hamburg on 1 April. Due to low water levels in the Elbe metropolis now had to be postponed for two days of this date. In the Hanseatic city the Antreibsschrauben the new vessel to be replaced. On Friday, 8 April, the cruise liner is expected back in the seaside town, so here the marine transfer can take place at the shipping company. Definitively to leave the "Ovation" Bremerhaven then on Saturday 9 April compared 10am. Then it goes in the direction of Southampton (UK). A day earlier, the ship is here transferred to the shipping company.

http://www.bremerhaven.de/meer-erleben/stadtleben/ovation-of-the-seas-voraussichtlich-noch-bis-sonntag-am-columbus-cruise.93786.html

Maybe they just aren't classing that as the maiden voyage ?

The 17th was the original first sail date when we booked this cruise as soon as it opened. We are one the 22nd sail and thought the teething troubles would be all on the 17th sail. Then all of a sudden they added the 3 day one before that and said it was going to be the inaugural sailing, was a bit bummed about that really.

But it reads to me that it's now not happening, we are starting to wonder if our sailing will be cancelled too and there is no alteritive for us to sail on another ship on those dates. It will mean we lose our weeks holiday as we can't take the time off any other time. The cruise fare will be given back to us but not our air fares as they are not refundable. We will be out of pocket £350. Insurance will not stump up for fares that are still good and are useable.