All Things Ovation of the Seas!

We also have a Spa Junior Suite and it is my understanding that we have access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner, I have attached a screen from the suite brochure which confirms this.

[ATTACH]381724[/ATTACH]

May depend on the sailing date as the new suite perks are supposed to start May 1.

Also, just read an update from a crew member on Facebook saying that she's sailing to the UK from Hamburg?:confused:

The official hand over to RCI was scheduled for April 8th in Bremerhaven. The Ovation will be in Hamburg at least till late Wednesday (April 6th), maybe leaving not until the 7th. Maybe they skip the return to Bremerhaven and do the hand over cermony in Hamburg. She´s supposed to leave Bremerhaven after the hand over anyway enroute to Southampton.

But that´s all speculation... no confirmation yet.

steamboats

Hi, we have booked a Spa Junior Suite on the Ovation from the 14th April to the 29th. In October we were in a Family Junior Suite on the Anthem and on the second day we had an invitation to eat in the Coastal Kitchen each night afterwards if we so wished. I don't think that you will be able to book online before that. It will be quite easy to book a table there as the CK is on the way into the Windjammer. The Grand Suite guests and above were able to eat breakfast and lunch in the CK as well but we weren't able to do that as it was dinner only. If you are on Dynamic Dining there are plenty of dining venues on the ship to ring the changes.

I am sure that you will be very pleased with your choice of stateroom and ship for your very first cruise. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Thanks! Really looking forward to it [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The official hand over to RCI was scheduled for April 8th in Bremerhaven. The Ovation will be in Hamburg at least till late Wednesday (April 6th), maybe leaving not until the 7th. Maybe they skip the return to Bremerhaven and do the hand over cermony in Hamburg. She´s supposed to leave Bremerhaven after the hand over anyway enroute to Southampton.

But that´s all speculation... no confirmation yet.

steamboats

Appreciate the info.:)

It looks like a Panda or a bear to me. You can see its 2 hands at the side.

Jeeze, you must have good eyesight I cant even see where it is :D. I think it will be a Panda though with the China connection.

Check the webcam here

http://player.livespotting.tv/?p=hotel-hamburg.de&te=default2&th=default2&pl=syndication&ratio=16:9&pla=default&tbar=false&ch=LS_000000000034

I can´t see nothing compared to Felicia on the Quantum, see here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2783442/Quantum-Seas-undergoes-final-touches-maiden-voyage-New-York.html

The brown structure is the rock climbing wall. The animal must be to the right of it but prior to the first structure on the top level of the Seaplex.

steamboats

Check the webcam here

http://player.livespotting.tv/?p=hotel-hamburg.de&te=default2&th=default2&pl=syndication&ratio=16:9&pla=default&tbar=false&ch=LS_000000000034

I can´t see nothing compared to Felicia on the Quantum, see here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2783442/Quantum-Seas-undergoes-final-touches-maiden-voyage-New-York.html

The brown structure is the rock climbing wall. The animal must be to the right of it but prior to the first structure on the top level of the Seaplex.

steamboats

Thanks for the links, they are satisfying my thirst for information, love just looking at her knowing I'm going to be on board in less than 2 weeks, Yikes, less than 2 weeks :D

There is, and there's still time to put him/her on the ship...

Welcome on board Lloyd, I remember you gave us lots of information on Anthems construction, where was it that Gigi was welcomed onto Anthem? You were able to give us loads of photos of her, especially on her FB page.

How long do we have to wait to meet our new addition? Can't wait to meet him/her & get one of the 1st selfies with them :D

Ovation is scheduled to be in Hamburg until Wednesday or Thursday, and she'll go back to Bremerhaven.

The "Ovation" is here again

The newest cruise ship the Meyer Werft in Papenburg, the "Ovation of the Seas", has returned to Hamburg. Early Monday morning, the luxury liner made again firmly in the dock Elbe 17 of Blohm & Voss, a spokesman for the cruise line said.

New propeller not efficient enough

Reason for the re-docking is the drive: During the tests had shown that the design of the new propeller blades had not produced the desired results in terms of energy efficiency. Now they are to be exchanged in Hamburg against the wings at the sister ships "Quantum of the Seas" and "Anthem of the Seas" have proved. Work is scheduled to last until Wednesday or Thursday, then it goes back to Bremerhaven. What costs are incurred by the additional docking, would not say the shipyard spokesman.

After the river passage on March 11, the "Ovation" was in the Hamburg shipyard been inspected . The delivery of the ship to the Royal Caribbean International is despite the additional docking further provided for April 8.

Article translated w/Google translate - https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/hamburg/Die-Ovation-ist-schon-wieder-da,ovation556.html

There is, and there's still time to put him/her on the ship...

Not much time left with the hand over on Friday leaving the dry dock on Thursday ;).

where was it that Gigi was welcomed onto Anthem?

Gigi came onboard in Eemshaven right after the Ems conveyance. She was too high for the Ems conveyance.

steamboats

We'll it's not exactly the end of the world if there's not. I mean, there's no formal nights either. So there's always something missing on quantum class.

I agree - can't fathom the fascination with the animal either!

As far as formal goes - on Anthem in October we dressed up for The Grand (at least 3 nights on a 14 night cruise) plus there were 'dress your best' nights which also meant a dress up! We like to make an effort and it seemed that many others did as well given the number of DJ's in The Grand