How Can Carnival Improve?

Richjoxyz

Enforce their rules. Keep kids out of the hot tubs, enforce dress codes in the MDR, no blue, red, gold in the PG party.

Taste Bar is used at night, similar to when the sushi bar was used.

Ditto, but I never saw any taste bar and I've done 15 Carnival cruises. I guess they keep it well hid. And show your sea pass when entering the PG party.

We are platinum and enjoy Carnival. (We enjoy other cruise lines also!)

What Can Carnival do to improve? I'll start:

The Taste Bar is usually unused. If they are going to have a "Taste Bar", I would like to see some food when I walk by, not an empty closed bar.

I like the "Free Drink" appreciation events and would like to see more of that. On Christmas Cruises they give out free champagne for the first couple hours upon boarding. Taking these events away takes away a little of the fun.

Upgrade the food in the buffet. (Take a hint from Holland America.)

Anyone else?

Ala Carte (no status exceptions) fee based, open bar, party events with live entertainment.

ALL Ala carte (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack) food offerings, except for buffet on Lido.

More honorable cruise benefits for veterans.

More charges for existing children's based activities to lower the cruise costs for everyone that does not sail with any.

Enforce their own rules relating to smoking, adult only areas, etc...

Edited by eponym

While Carnival is not our favorite cruise line, Charleston is an extremely convenient port for us and works when we want to take an "extra" cruise. :)

We accept the fact Carnival cruises are what they are. Any who can't should not cruise on Carnival. ;)

The OP was nicely asking how Carnival could improve ... not to give folks a chance to "Carnival Bash".

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

Ala Carte (no status exceptions) fee based, open bar, party events with live entertainment.

ALL Ala carte (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack) food offerings, except for buffet on Lido.

More honorable cruise benefits for veterans.

More charges for existing children's based activities to lower the cruise costs for everyone that does not sail with any.

Enforce their own rules relating to smoking, adult only areas, etc...

Ala Carte ? So more nickle and diming the customer ?

Edited by mediccruzin
Typos

Ala Carte ? So more nickle and diming the customer ?

Cheap base cruise rates is what the Carnival masses want.

It's not nickel and dime. It's what the demographic want.

Edited by eponym

Cheap base cruise rates is what the Carnival masses want.

It's not nickel and dime. It's what the demographic want.

Maybe, I would rather pay another $100 per person for the cruise for better food than to have to shell out $20-$30 per person per meal for Ala Carte. But each to their own I guess.

Maybe, I would rather pay another $100 per person for the cruise for better food than to have to shell out $20-$30 per person per meal for Ala Carte. But each to their own I guess.

My suggestions enable you (and millions of others) to have absolute choice and not switch to another brand. If the brand converts totally to ala carte, except for buffet in base rate perhaps the per meal choices would be slightly lowered. It also would solve any (if any) your time dining complications.

Edited by eponym

Bring back the OLD Shows. I don't like the Playlist Productions.

Agree 100%!! After experiencing the Playlist Productions, we switched cruise lines. I keep checking in here hoping to see that somebody realized their mistake and brought back the "real" entertainment.

And enforcing the dress code wouldn't hurt either. ;)

Brian

My suggestions enable you (and millions of others) to have absolute choice and not switch to another brand. If the brand converts totally to ala carte, except for buffet in base rate perhaps the per meal choices would be slightly lowered. It also would solve any (if any) your time dining complications.

Makes sense if the Ala Carte pricing is lower. We tried any time dining once and I didn't care for it. I am a creature of habit.

We are platinum and enjoy Carnival. (We enjoy other cruise lines also!)

What Can Carnival do to improve? I'll start:

The Taste Bar is usually unused. If they are going to have a "Taste Bar", I would like to see some food when I walk by, not an empty closed bar.

I like the "Free Drink" appreciation events and would like to see more of that. On Christmas Cruises they give out free champagne for the first couple hours upon boarding. Taking these events away takes away a little of the fun.

Upgrade the food in the buffet. (Take a hint from Holland America.)

Anyone else?

Great topic!

We just got off the Magic, and the Taste Bar was utilized during the day. At breakfast, there was a continental set-up there from 7:00am - 9:00am each day. At lunch time, there was a salad bar set up to complement the Oceanside BBQ which is set up right outside on Deck 5. Great use of the space!

My improvement list: Enforce all existing rules. Bring back the rock bands on all ships. Turn down the volume at the Seaside Theater. Bring back steel drums on lido deck. And PLEASE, get better coffee in the buffet!

Here are my top four

1. Enforce the dress code in the MDR

2. Bring back steel drums on lido deck

3. Bring back the free drink for sea day brunch

4. Go back to the old wait staff model

I would love to see the following improvements/changes

Past Guest 'gift' - instead of a large bottle of water - give me a choice, either the bottle of water or the brunch cocktail

maybe instead of the one free drink on the last day of cruise for Gold cards - someone else suggested a happy hour (for a few hours on one night) where gold and up get 2 for 1 drinks (but not the last night) (but you still get the brunch cocktail as the past guest gift as stated above)

Steel drums on lido

more cooking demonstrations - I agree that I would be willing to pay for this like an onboard excursion - but I would want it be really special if they did it that way. show 2 of each (apps, soup, entrée and desert).

port of calls seminars - I like that idea too that someone posted (not the one that they tell you about the excursions and shopping, something where they actually tell you about the place you are going to)

but my biggest wish is that they bring the future cruise certificate again

Just my humble opinion

My two things after reading of this is

Bring back future cruise certificates

enforce the rules

As long as they can keep filing up their ships with new cruisers, they really will not spend more money to fix these issues IMO

Changes for Carnival could be a never ending list but

Bring back steel drums

Stop the cheap cutbacks

Enforce your rules

Stop threating your past guest like crap with poor loyalty compare to other lines

Bring back the trays (Heald says it looks better with plates) NOT!!

Get rid of that trash talking Heald (oh wait the beginning to the end has started)

Playlist Productions are just a cutback

So many cutbacks in entertainment

Room service free menu was cut in half to add pay items

Cutback on MDR food not as good until you pay more for

I know other lines also have pay options but we are talking Carnival

I like a lot of everyone's ideas. The cruising certificates would be at the top of my list as well. Definitely in forcing the chair real. I just hit platinum so my perks are a little better. But I still think it needs some work. Example why are the free drink Limited to sea day brunches etc. There needs to be better perks for gold and up members. These people are the bread and butter to the cruise line take care of them.

They used to have certificates that you could buy for future cruises. They had to be purchased on a cruise and you had about 2 years to use it. Normally they where about $100 then you could get anywhere from $50 to $200 on board credit (depending on the length of the cruise). Plus The initial hundred dollars that was payed could be used as part of your deposit.