All Inclusive Beverage Packages

Agua-azul

• 3 months later...

Ok, haven't been on a cruise since 2001 so bear with me...

I got the AIBP on our upcoming Mexican Rivera Crown Princess sailing. I have a few questions...

At dinner in the Main Dining Room, we can get free glasses of wine (correct?) and 40% off a bottle. Can we order the bottle non corked, and then request said bottle be delivered to our room at a later time by room service? Is there a fee?

Can I order an alcoholic drink in my room with a meal? Cost?

How are the pours? Say for a Beam and Coke...

How can I get multiple cans of coke? Just ask?

When ordering room service, can I specify a can of coke, can I also specify multiple cans, and is all of that included in AIBP?

Edited by LadderCo2

I got the AIBP on our upcoming Mexican Rivera Crown Princess sailing. I have a few questions...

At dinner in the Main Dining Room, we can get free glasses of wine (correct?) and 40% off a bottle. Can we order the bottle non corked, and then request said bottle be delivered to our room at a later time by room service? Is there a fee?

Each person has to have a package that plan on drinking......Yes any glass under $10. We found they would not deliver the bottle to the room from the DR, and room service is not included in the package.

No not valid for room service.

We found the drink pours just fine, if you are not happy let them know they won't try and cheat you.

One drink per package/person.

When ordering room service, can I specify a can of coke, can I also specify multiple cans, and is all of that included in AIBP?

Again not valid with room service.

See above

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thanks for the replies...my wife and I both have AIBP on our sailing.

Ok, so the food ordered with room service is free, but not the drinks.

Correct food is free. Only Pizza has a $3 charge to discourage waste.

We would just head to a bar and grab the drinks and bring them back to the cabin.

Why can't you bring water or soda onboard anymore? Did they change the rules?

No, they did not. I just reviewed Princess Q&A and there is no such prohibition. Many posters are confused because Carnival Cruises has prohibited water and "soda". Princess (a completely different division) has not.

I will be bringing two bricks of Pepsi Max on our next cruise, just like the last. Slap a luggage tag on it and it appears in your stateroom with your luggage. No problem.

No, they did not. I just reviewed Princess Q&A and there is no such prohibition. Many posters are confused because Carnival Cruises has prohibited water and "soda". Princess (a completely different division) has not.

Maybe they are confused, because princess is confused.

The cruise answer book says canned soda and bottled water are prohibited.

See "Liquor Policy", pp22

https://book.princess.com/images/cc/brochure/downloads/Princess_Cruise_Answer_Book.pdf

Like many others, I'm trying to figure out if the AIBP makes sense for us on our upcoming 4 day cruise. If we are hanging out on our balcony, can one of us go to a bar with both AIBP cards and get two drinks so the other can stay in the cabin (while child is sleeping?) thanks in advance! We are getting very excited!

Like many others, I'm trying to figure out if the AIBP makes sense for us on our upcoming 4 day cruise. If we are hanging out on our balcony, can one of us go to a bar with both AIBP cards and get two drinks so the other can stay in the cabin (while child is sleeping?) thanks in advance! We are getting very excited!

Yes we did the same.

Sometime yes, sometime no.....

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Maybe they are confused, because princess is confused.

The cruise answer book says canned soda and bottled water are prohibited.

See "Liquor Policy", pp22

https://book.princess.com/images/cc/brochure/downloads/Princess_Cruise_Answer_Book.pdf

There is no "liquor policy" on P 22. There is "alcohol policy" on P20, which does not mention water or "soda".

I can't find anything objecting to water or soft drinks. We'll bring two bricks of Pepsi Max next week. I'll post back here if there is any problem. (I don't expect one.)

Edited by UpcountryTravelers

****At dinner in the Main Dining Room, we can get free glasses of wine (correct?) and 40% off a bottle. Can we order the bottle non corked, and then request said bottle be delivered to our room at a later time by room service? Is there a fee?***

***Just take the 40%off bottle to your cabin unopened***

27926-profile.png

my-cruise-countdown.aspx?dat=01%2F11%2F2016&dest=M&ship=ISMy Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to Mexico on 01/11/2016 aboard the Carnival Inspiration! Visit Carnival.com to see all Mexico cruises

I cruise for Creme brulee, chocolate melting cake and lobster!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576&page=3

This thread has an awesome calculator spreadsheet to help you decide. The updated one is about halfway thru - post 200 something ( sorry forgot exact post # ).

We both got the AIBP last year. We'd frequent a bar together during the first day or two, get to know the bartender a bit. Same with the coffee bar staff.

Then we had no problem when one of us took both cards to get drinks for both of us, either to take back to the cabin or just to our deck chairs.

On prior cruises we did the same with the soda card.

• 4 months later...
Yes it does, ANY drink $10 or under.

First time Princess cruiser here- so what about those cocktails that are over $10? Do you just pay the extra $? (haven't read the entire thread, so forgive me if this has been addressed already!).

First time Princess cruiser here- so what about those cocktails that are over $10? Do you just pay the extra $? (haven't read the entire thread, so forgive me if this has been addressed already!).

Nope. Any drink over the $10 limit is charged at full price. There are very few drinks or cocktails that fall into this category though - very few. Virtually everything is $10 or under, and covered by rhe package. A very few scotches/whiskeys, some wines by the glass, the Normal.Love Chocolate cocktails in Wheelhouse, and that's all I can think of...

Enjoy your sailing!!

I'm a first time Princess cruiser.

With the AIBP, can you track your purchased drink totals on the Princess phone app?

I'm looking for the most convenient way to track my beverage totals in order to see at any point during my cruise, if I'm ahead, or behind, on the average daily cost of the AIBP ($56 per day).

Thanks

Edited by knotgillty