QM2 Refit

owenmahamilton

When I first sailed on Cunard 26 years ago, 95% of the time, you ate THREE MEALS a day in the same restaurant, at the same table, and with the same waiters.

Ah, if only we could go back to CIVILIZATION!

I too, think that for the prices one pays to sail, the dining experience should not be downgraded to that of a high school cafeteria.

It's so nice to see a post like this! I have to agree 100%, we will only eat in a buffet on a ship when we have no other choice (we also don't care much for room service!). If I have any later plans, I will start lunch or breakfast earlier, rather than try to save time at the buffet. I always wonder why so many people complain about the buffets, not just here, really on all the boards, but continue to eat there. Some things just don't make sense to me. Hurry up and eat sub-standard food, complain about the lack of tables, service, other diners in your way, having to carry your own food, then return to get drinks while your buffet food gets cold.

I guess that "sub standard food" is a matter of opinion. We have always found the food good for our taste, and the time factor has been mentioned before. Some want to have a lunch that doesn't take half the afternoon. Others are happy to sit and wait for what on our crossings was slow to tortoise. I would agree that the Kings Court is not well planned. We must wait to see if there is any improvement after the refit.

David.

• 1 month later...
Thanks Ernie. That's a great shot of the QM2, where did you pluck this picture from?

Cruiserking

The city of Hamburg Germany has an excellent assortment of live webcams. You can see them all at a single link:

http://baumert.htk-hamburg.com/

That is where I got the pic from (live at the time and saved on my computer).

Ernie

This is the best overall collection of QM2 pictures I have seen on the web, except for the lack of cabin shots. I found the "Promenade" picture the most interesting. What a handsome area this part of the ship could be if they did not turn it into a warehouse of paintings for their auctions. On the June 9 crossing there were stacks and stacks of upright paintings on the floor, on stands, everywhere, the entire length of the room. It was an unuseable area, except to walk through. In the picture, it looks like they almost emptied out the area in anticipation of the refit. If only they would keep it looking like this on their sailings.

Can anyone on recent crossings comment on whether the clutter is still there? Or is this recent image more indicative of the room lately?

Paul

. . . Terrific pictures Peter, thanks. Shame they can't be saved one of those striking QM2 shots would make a helluva screen saver.

Cruiserking

The http://www.schiffsphoto.de web site uses Javascript to implement the pop-up message when you right-click on a photo. Most web browers allow one to disable Javascript processing. (In Internet Explorer, adding a web site to the "Restricted Sites" list under Security will disable Javascript for that web site only).

Alternatively, as the mayor of Spokane has found out, every picture you view in a web browser is stored in the web browser's temporary cache file. You can find all of your viewed pictures there.

Archived