Dive In - open on embarkation day?

orderfire

The Dive In is open on embarkation day, but...when we did our last Maasdam cruise, the Dive In didn't have the good fries on that day. The trade off was that there was no waiting.

Yes. It was always quite busy, but usually it doesn't take too long for the food to come out. They will give you a pager that will vibrate/flash when your food is ready.

We usually place our orders, go grab a table and stop in the Lido or the bar for what else we need for lunch. Normally by then the beeper is going off - works out pretty well.

I wish they would keep it open for dinner.

The taco bar has never been open for dinner, as far as I know, and I think that has to do with staffing. There are simple not enough people to staff all the venues, and keeping the Dive-In/Taco Bar open for dinner would take more servers/prep cooks from the main kitchens for dinner service. The meal staff already work hugely long, split shifts. I can't see them working any more just because it's physically impossible.