Surprise 20th anniversary cruise on Escape

Planefixer

This will be our 2nd NCL cruise. And we had a great time. I'm planning to surprise my wife to a 20th wedding anniversary cruise on the new Escape Im Nov.

Has anyone ever successfully attempted this type of surprise. Any inside help is greatly welcomed.

Thank you.

I also have a surprise cruise booked for my husband, we sail the end of June. Booked in March, so tough not to tell him but still a secret. My suggestion is if she has a myncl account get in there and change her email. Also keep an eye on the mail as I have received a few flyers that said you booked your cruise now book your excursions.

Great present and I hope it can be kept a secret : )

My husband tried to surprise me with an NCL cruise for Christmas once - also our second. I received an email from NCL letting me know about it - something about my latitudes account... I can't remember exactly, but the cat was out of the bag.

I also have a surprise cruise booked for my husband, we sail the end of June. Booked in March, so tough not to tell him but still a secret. My suggestion is if she has a myncl account get in there and change her email. Also keep an eye on the mail as I have received a few flyers that said you booked your cruise now book your excursions.

Great present and I hope it can be kept a secret : )

1) Before I booked I created a gmail account. So I have that base covered.

2) she does not have an NCL account

3) we always fly down to my cousins after thanksgiving (they live in Miami) so that's why I chose that time to cruise. Our actual anniversary is in Oct.

4) Cant tell her sister, she will post it on FB[emoji3]

My husband tried to surprise me with an NCL cruise for Christmas once - also our second. I received an email from NCL letting me know about it - something about my latitudes account... I can't remember exactly, but the cat was out of the bag.

Has anyone in the history of mankind ever pulled this off.

I even covered the payment up by using my brothers visa to pay. I should tell him[emoji12]

Has anyone in the history of mankind ever pulled this off.

I even covered the payment up by using my brothers visa to pay. I should tell him[emoji12]

Haha that cracked me up.

It is working for me so far lol, 20 days until I tell him. I even got his vacation from work setup. I will tell him on our anniversary, that is 1 week before we sail for his 40th birthday.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it works our for you. What a wonderful gift.

I am surprising my DH and kids with a upgrade from a mini to a 2 bed suite. We have never had a suite before but I can not wait to see their faces when I direct them to check with the suites.

I have seen posts where people have successfully kept it a surprise.

When are you planning on telling her? I would hesitate to wait until you were on the plane or later. I would freak out worrying about what I should have packed, making sure certain logistics were taken care of (especially if you are adding a trip onto a family visit), etc.

I think giving some notice might go over better (it would for me). And if this is the cruise that you have been upgraded to the Haven, keep that part a surprise. Cruisecritiquer did that a couple of years ago and her account of her confused husband was fun to read.

Enjoy the cruise!

This will be our 2nd NCL cruise. And we had a great time. I'm planning to surprise my wife to a 20th wedding anniversary cruise on the new Escape Im Nov.

Has anyone ever successfully attempted this type of surprise. Any inside help is greatly welcomed.

Thank you.

I can't speak for that specifically, however, I would personally not want to be surprised with a cruise. There are certain things I pack and take and certain things I consider. You cant just pick up anything you don't pack on this ship, as you are limited to what they carry. You know your wife after 20 years, so just follow your heart. Just wanted to give my thoughts. What a thoughtful thing to plan!

I had enough trouble keeping the DOS a secret for one week. I paid for an upsell from the Aft Penthouse to the Deluxe Owners Suite. All was well until I put the new luggage tags on the morning of the cruise (after they were packed into the vehicle) and he noticed we were on Deck 15 instead of Deck 10. But he still had no clue what suite we were in until we walked in the door. :cool:

I hope it works our for you. What a wonderful gift.

I am surprising my DH and kids with a upgrade from a mini to a 2 bed suite. We have never had a suite before but I can not wait to see their faces when I direct them to check with the suites.

The surprise look on the faces of your family. Should make it all the more special.