What to do in Kusadasi, Turkey for the day??

We used Ephesus Deluxe, and were very impressed, especially with the guide. The lunch break (free) is at a carpet factory, but the sales pitch was brief and not oppressive.

Stuart

Took the excursion with Ephesus Deluxe too and was more than satisfied. We were just 2 persons and had a driver (Minibus) and the guide, all entrance fees included, also lunch.

We also had lunch at a restaurant in a factory store (not only carpets, jewelry, souvenirs and so on). Lunch was really nice and I did not want to buy anything at the shop. I walked through and never feeled pressed to buy something (of course - they would be happier if I do....)

Knowledge of the guide war really really good and there is a lot to see at Ephesus.

Edited by Wendy-Europe

Don't forget the ruins of the Temple Of Artemis, one the 7 ancient wonders of the world.

While I enjoyed visiting the Temple of Artemis (I really like visiting the sites of famous events or places, even if the ruins are not that great....), it would probably be helpful to forewarn people that there is not much left on the site that's visible. A single pillar has been reconstructed and -- if you are familiar with ruins -- you could trace some of the foundations. Other than that not much is left. However, you CAN clearly see how the material from the temple was reused in a later church and mosque.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to recommend the company we used, 'Ephesus Tours', Also known as 'OTTI Travel' at http://www.************.biz. They were excellent and well recommended on TA as well. (You either get a free lunch at a carpet factory or opt out and pay for lunch in a restaurant with no carpet sale.)

Seems I am not allowed to give the website address! But it is just ephesus plus tours plus dot biz.