Question about wet bar in OC suite?

kekilia

Does anyone have a good picture of the bar area in an OC suite? Also, I know there is a bar sink, but what else comes with this - crystal, dishes, flatware?

Just wondering if I have some cheese and fruit or such if I will be able to get a dish, cut it up and serve it without calling the butler...

I know, first world problem:o:D

I don't have a pic, but I did have a tour of the Oceania suite on our recent cruise as we are in one next (same cruise as you I think). I'm sure S&J will oblige! However, I can answer your question about how it is set up. If it is the same as the OS, it will have 6x champagne, white and red glasses. Also whiskey tumblers (can't remember what US calls these - the short, squat glasses). There was no flatware/dishes etc. I'm sure you could ask the butler for these at the outset so that you would have them for the duration. There were 2 plates and knives and forks by the fruit bowl in the OS, so I would think it would be the same in the Oc. suite:)

As far as I can tell, the Butlers' in the big Suites arrange for the glassware based on what has been ordered for the in-suite bar setup.

No flatware or plates of any nature are stored within the Suite, and any that you do ask the Butler to bring in must be replaced fresh after each use.

There are rules these days about the temperature that plates must reach before reuse, so the use of a mechanical dishwasher is now de rigueur.

If you desire to tweak any of the above, it would be fodder for the "day one talk" with your Butler. I suggest that you make lists, make two copies. and then give one TO the Butler.....saves repeating yourself, and he has something to refer to when in doubt. :D

Edited by StanandJim
added content

The last time we had the OC, the Butler handle everything you needed. He aways put fresh crystal (adding extra of what you used most). He refresh the bar area a few times duting the day. They have small plates, should you need larger ines he'll/She will get them for you-just ask. The bar was on the wall in the center, near dining area and living area. Nice sit up, but wished they got rid of the TV room (small) and sit the bar in that area making the living area same bigger.

Rick

I tried to attach a couple of photos from the OC Suite we had aboard Marina. I am unsure if the photos will attach to my post.

Anyway, in the cabinets there were a number of different types of glassware, a few small dishes and four sets of utensils. We asked the butler on our first day for larger plates and received these the first evening when we were out of the cabin. During the cruise, the glassware, dishes and utensils were replaced as we used these.

I also think that with the daily fresh fruit there were a couple of small dishes with silverware that were also replaced as these were used.

IMG_1936.JPG.ffea9b9ebb4beb282fe3be165f623649.JPG

IMG_1939.jpg.1d979eb68450dcf5664aa35a79b514b2.jpg

Thank you for the information - it gives me an idea of how the suite works. Also, thanks for the picture, I was able to enlarge them slightly and can see the open shelf and the cupboards, which was what I was wanting. A little confused by S&J post which seemed to indicate that I couldn't get dishes or flatware, but heartened by recent dwellers that had been able to have some in room.

I am making a list of things to make it easier for butler/cabin staff, including how We want the bed made, what wine/spirits for bar (thanks S&J for another post that provided a bar list), and other amenities.

Look left of the fruit basket,(wrapped up), small plates, napkins & utensils. Generally always there on our trip.

europe%2013%20017_zps705mlueu.jpg

Great picture, answers all my questions. Like your bar set up, too (I love Dis Arrono)!;)