Complimentary Royal Refreshment Pkg??

heres my response from RCCL

Dear Mrs. *****:

Thank you for your email. We appreciate this opportunity to be of service by answering any questions you may have.

We apologize if there was an error in our beverage promotion flyer and for any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused. Our goal at Royal Caribbean International is to provide the most pleasant and seamless experience possible when planning your cruise vacation and we are saddened if we have fallen short of this goal. Although your frustration is completely understandable we regret that you have decided to cancel your upcoming cruise vacation.

Please know that your input is valued and we do appreciate your candid feedback. Guest comments, such as yours, are forwarded to our leadership team and kept on file for review when evaluating future policy changes. We are nothing without our most precious asset; our guests!

Mrs. Lee, thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International.

Sincerely,

Nina Birchwood

Customer Service Representative

the great part of this response is that no where did i say i was cancelling my cruise. i said i was going to cancel the ultimate package as it no longer had value to me. it would truly have be nice if she had actually read my email.

i sent a reply stating that. i also said that them saying if there was a mistake was ridiculous as there was a mistake and even the lowest of custer services agents would know that by now. bet i get another stupid reply. lol.

Edited by tinkertwo

heres my response from RCCL

Dear Mrs. *****:

Thank you for your email. We appreciate this opportunity to be of service by answering any questions you may have.

We apologize if there was an error in our beverage promotion flyer and for any disappointment or inconvenience this may have caused. Our goal at Royal Caribbean International is to provide the most pleasant and seamless experience possible when planning your cruise vacation and we are saddened if we have fallen short of this goal. Although your frustration is completely understandable we regret that you have decided to cancel your upcoming cruise vacation.

Please know that your input is valued and we do appreciate your candid feedback. Guest comments, such as yours, are forwarded to our leadership team and kept on file for review when evaluating future policy changes. We are nothing without our most precious asset; our guests!

Mrs. Lee, thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International.

Sincerely,

Nina Birchwood

Customer Service Representative

the great part of this response is that no where did i say i was cancelling my cruise. i said i was going to cancel the ultimate package as it no longer had value to me. it would truly have be nice if she had actually read my email.

i sent a reply stating that. i also said that them saying if there was a mistake was ridiculous as there was a mistake and even the lowest of custer services agents would know that by now. bet i get another stupid reply. lol.

:eek: Please keep us posted if you do!

• 2 weeks later...
Aww, that's too bad.:( The list hadn't been updated for a while and was just recently posted. I sure there have to be others that have dropped out too now that final payment has passed.

Guess you can let them know....thanks

Hi, I have looked all over the royal Caribbean website and can't find this offer. Can someone direct me? Thank you.

When you select the Ultimate Drink Package in My Calendar, select 'DETAILS' and it's in the blurb. You just order and prepay for the Ultimate Pkg, you don't need to also out the refresh package on your basket. If you do you will be charged for both!

A screen shot was posted a few pages back.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just received a goodwill offer of $200 for the error and the frustration i had with my first email sent to them.

i'm okay with this. i really didn't expect anything and canceled my drink package a few weeks ago as i don't want to have to spend my time arguing about what i should or should not have. I'm done worrying about it and moving on.

i also don't have a load of confidence that the $200 will be there when i get on but we shall see.

It took a few weeks for the Executive Offices to get back with me. We have 2 pending cruises and recently made Diamond. That meant nothing...we got ZIP!

Enjoy anything you get. ;)

I just received a goodwill offer of $200 for the error and the frustration i had with my first email sent to them.

i'm okay with this. i really didn't expect anything and canceled my drink package a few weeks ago as i don't want to have to spend my time arguing about what i should or should not have. I'm done worrying about it and moving on.

i also don't have a load of confidence that the $200 will be there when i get on but we shall see.

There's something amusing about the fact that they are offering you more OBC for getting frustrated and cancelling (so now you aren't paying for an ultimate package at all) than they offered to make it right to those of us that bought it in good faith and are still paying for the package.

Essentially they cost themselves more money by ticking you off than they would have by just making it right and I am sure will now get a round of "but I saw it posted that you are offering more OBC if I cancel rather than keep it phone calls to deal with".

There's something amusing about the fact that they are offering you more OBC for getting frustrated and cancelling (so now you aren't paying for an ultimate package at all) than they offered to make it right to those of us that bought it in good faith and are still paying for the package.

Essentially they cost themselves more money by ticking you off than they would have by just making it right and I am sure will now get a round of "but I saw it posted that you are offering more OBC if I cancel rather than keep it phone calls to deal with".

I agree.........so many different OBCs offered........

I was offered $160,if I bought the Ultimate and replenish..........$100 if I just bought the Ultimate....

I decided against both......My bar bill is never that high ($454 pp) and I am not buying it just to get that OBC...........we just bought a Replenish and will have our wine and drinks from the CL at night.........if I need more,than that,I figure I can buy an occasional drink or two and still come out ahead..

It took a few weeks for the Executive Offices to get back with me. We have 2 pending cruises and recently made Diamond. That meant nothing...we got ZIP!

Enjoy anything you get. ;)

They are being awfully consistent in their inconsistent handling of this issue. Unfair if you didn't get adequate resolution after making contact and holding onto the package.

I was on the understanding that they seem to be resolving this onboard by crediting OBC for the difference, upon submission of details of the original deal. Hope that scenario works out for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are being awfully consistent in their inconsistent handling of this issue. Unfair if you didn't get adequate resolution after making contact and holding onto the package.

I was on the understanding that they seem to be resolving this onboard by crediting OBC for the difference, upon submission of details of the original deal. Hope that scenario works out for you.

i had actually canceled the package before i heard back from them. the ultimate package was a bit much for us anyways but i figured if we got both, what the heck. i will now probably just book pop packages for us both. hubby does not drink and i only have a glass of wine and an occasional mixed drink. i can bring my own wine so why waste my money.

i think the reason i actually got an offer from them was because the first person who responded to my email obviously did not read it and kept saying things i did not say such as 'sorry you decided to cancel your cruise'. that was never said. what i said was i was going to cancel the drink package. also that person said 'if we made a mistake'. really? if?

i responded to their response and i was mad! i told them that even the lowest of the low customer service people would know that there WAS a mistake, not if, and they need to own up to their companies error. i told them that since i took the time to write the email they could at least take the time to read it and get the information right. i told them not to bother to waste my time with half an answer and one that has incorrect information in it. i was really steamed when i wrote it.

when i got the final response from them it was obvious that that person did indeed go back and read my original email and they wanted me to know they had because they kept paraphrasing what i had said. it was humorous to me but also nice that they showed they could be approachable. this is our first cruise with them and really, this cruise and the customer service we receive on and off the ship could be a telling tale. nice to get an obc but i really did not expect it. i just wanted them to know how i felt. it was an honest feeling and i should have gotten an honest response and not some bulls**t reply. as i told them, it is what it is.

it took a while but for me i feel they went above and beyond. they did not have to do anything.

happy sailing all.

• 1 month later...