Complimentary Royal Refreshment Pkg??

I called Royal the first day like many of you. They told me they had made a mistake on the flyer. I never thought to push the issue as we all make mistakes......even companies. I hope that no one ever tries to take advantage over an error you make in the future.

Just my opinion......fire away!

I called Royal the first day like many of you. They told me they had made a mistake on the flyer. I never thought to push the issue as we all make mistakes......even companies. I hope that no one ever tries to take advantage over an error you make in the future.

You know,it would be one thing,if they posted the ad just once and made a mistake....but it was advertised awhile at that deal.........I know I got that info June 4th............so it was advertised as so,for at least 11 days......

Imagine if a store advertised an upcoming sale for items at a great price....then day of sale,AFTER a few hours into that sale,they said OOPS,we made a mistake and are not honoring the sale and we want you to bring back the things you bought and we will charge you more.......Yea,that would go over good,wouldn't it??:rolleyes:

RCCL made a mistake,but I think they should at least honor the ones,that were bought before they realized their error........THEN ,from then on,enforce the new deal...

Hi Kathy, I thought you had a resolution you were happy with from RCCL. Could you share what they offered you please?

I rather not give exact details,but it's not like I was given a bonanza.I would be made whole by accepting their offer...just like another poster on here.....

Imagine if a store advertised an upcoming sale for items at a great price....then day of sale,AFTER a few hours into that sale,they said OOPS,we made a mistake and are not honoring the sale and we want you to bring back the things you bought and we will charge you more.......Yea,that would go over good,wouldn't it??:rolleyes:

Every week stores will post corrections to their sales flyers... often at the entrance to the store. So mistakes are NOT unusual. And I don't think you can compare this snafu w/a store saying "bring back what you got". I'm willing wager no one who booked the drink package on the morning the 15th then boarded a cruise. So there's nothing to "bring back".

What RCI should do is...

1) Notify those who bought before the corrected flyer was released to cancel their purchase and get all their money back, or accept the terms of the corrected flyer.

-- OR --

2) Honor the incorrect flyer.

Whereas I called a week before the sale "started" and was told it was right and then called twice on the day of the sale and was told it was right.

I tried three times to be told "nope we screwed up" and never got that message.

So .... until/unless they want to call me and tell me they screwed up I am going to work under the impression that they will honor the deal they confirmed not once, not twice but three times.

I've been reluctant to tell my story but your comment had me reconsider.

I also knew about the supposed promotion ahead of time and called on the 15th. I was told on my first call that the promotion was with the soda package. I looked on the forums here and I saw people stating that they called and got the mistaken promotion with the replenish package. I called rccl again and this time I got a gentleman who said that, in fact, the promotion was with the replenish and I asked him to confirm it and send me an email, which he did. My plan was to book it later in the day as I was at work and had other things to do.

In between, I continued to peruse the forums and began to see how this was one gigantic mistake/mess and determined that I didn't want to continue the fight now and especially after I boarded.

I was in another rccl forum the following day and saw that someone had posted an email address from over 2 years ago for someone at rccl that always was receptive to hearing about various experiences.

I sent an email explaining what had happened. I asked for nothing. I only stated the facts.

The next day I get a call from a lovely woman at rccl. I believe she was located in Oregon. She asked if I would be satisfied if she gave me $200 of obc that could be used to purchase the replenishment package. That would cover the cost entirely for me as I'm going on a 9 day cruise on LOS on 7/2.

I was thrilled at the response because, as I said, I asked for nothing in my email. Not even a reply.

I continued to tell her that my plan had been to get the promotion as it was perfect for my wife and I and that I was going to add the soda package for my 15 year old daughter. We finished our conversation.

The next day I ask my ta to send me over the guest confirm from rccl to see if the obc had been applied. Before she got back to me, I received an email from the rep at rccl telling me that she had added $250 obc to my account to cover my wifes package and my daughters.

Talk about making my day. I can afford a cruise and I can afford the things that go with it but that $250 gift from this woman was really just a super nice thing to do and gave me nothing but good feelings about rccl.

Until they screw something up......JUST KIDDING!!

7 days and counting for me!!

Seems like everyone is getting different amounts of OBC. I also got OBC, but what they gave me doesn't actually cover the full cost to upgrade:mad: The phone rep told me that was all they were authorized to give. Doesn't sound like it tho, since some of you got much more. :rolleyes:

Who are you guys calling or email to iling to get resolution? Is there certain phrasing you're using to get the OBC? I'm debating whether to call or just go to guest services when I get on Jewel next week and see what happens?

Seems like everyone is getting different amounts of OBC. I also got OBC, but what they gave me doesn't actually cover the full cost to upgrade:mad: The phone rep told me that was all they were authorized to give. Doesn't sound like it tho, since some of you got much more. :rolleyes:

And that is why I won't say what my offers were........some will get $$$,while others get $ and some get nothing....not fair,but it only makes people feel bad,if they didn't get as much as others...:(

Yes, I am now sorry I posted the amount, didn't even think about it and certainly meant no harm, foolishly I assumed that RCCL had taken the time they needed (a week in my case) to determine how they would handle this in a uniform fashion and fairly for all. I just don't understand why it is so difficult for RCCL to solve problems or get things done correctly in the first place.

For those of you that already got the OBC, how many days is your cruise and how many Ultimate pkgs did you buy? I got OBC for 2 cabins for a 7-day, so I'm just wondering if some people got more because they have more days or more pkgs. The rep told me it was a per day amount.

Did you just call the main Royal Caribbean customer service number or some other department to speak with someone?

I called just today. Expressed my concern with how it was being handled (the they will "know" on the ship I kept hearing) and told them I really did not want to spend my first day in the customer service line. She put me through to the resolutions dept and they gave me a OBC. Enough to buy the replenish minus the cost of the refresh...because you still get this.... So on a 7 day cruise replenish is like $22 something a day x 7 days so around $154 minus $50 for the extra coca cola cup I'll be getting. This seems to be their resolution. Anything else others got is gravy. :). So we paid for the ultimate and are getting Replishment and a refreshment free (or $50 if you want to get technical).

I'm fine with this. No lines to stand in. Drinks are taken care of. Life is good.

Nicole

I called just today. Expressed my concern with how it was being handled (the they will "know" on the ship I kept hearing) and told them I really did not want to spend my first day in the customer service line. She put me through to the resolutions dept and they gave me a OBC. Enough to buy the replenish minus the cost of the refresh...because you still get this.... So on a 7 day cruise replenish is like $22 something a day x 7 days so around $154 minus $50 for the extra coca cola cup I'll be getting. This seems to be their resolution. Anything else others got is gravy. :). So we paid for the ultimate and are getting Replishment and a refreshment free (or $50 if you want to get technical).

I'm fine with this. No lines to stand in. Drinks are taken care of. Life is good.

Nicole

So I'm confused :o What do you mean you're getting replenish AND refreshment free? I got OBC for the difference between the cost of refresh and replenish. :confused:

Did you just call the main Royal Caribbean customer service number or some other department to speak with someone?

The person who did this for me was actually from the upgrade dept. They had emailed me to offer a paid upgrade to a balcony, so when I called to get info on that, I asked about the drink pkg debacle. He was able to take care of it for me. Not sure what dept everyone else is calling.

So I'm confused :o What do you mean you're getting replenish AND refreshment free? I got OBC for the difference between the cost of refresh and replenish. :confused:

Sorry didn't mean to cause confusion. We got the same exact thing difference because you WILL get the extra soda cup with the Ultimate package. As they don't want to literally give us that cup for free they are removing the cost of the Refresh from the OBC.

So we get ultimate plus the refresh cup. Plus the difference between replenish coat and that cups cost as OBC. So we end up with 3 drink packages.

:)

Sorry didn't mean to cause confusion. We got the same exact thing difference because you WILL get the extra soda cup with the Ultimate package. As they don't want to literally give us that cup for free they are removing the cost of the Refresh from the OBC.

So we get ultimate plus the refresh cup. Plus the difference between replenish coat and that cups cost as OBC. So we end up with 3 drink packages.

OK...but I still don't understand how you would have 3 drink pkgs. :confused: One person buys the ultimate. The other person gets the free refresh which will upgrade to the replenish with the OBC. Where's the 3rd pkg? I don't think just having the soda cup is considered a pkg. They swipe your card to get a soda even if you have the cup. I guess a 3rd person could use the cup at the coke machines if you're on a ship that has them. Both pkgs you are getting come with a soda cup. We never even use those cups because I can't be bother carrying them around lol

You will have the Ultimate Package (that comes with the soda cup) you will be giving up the Refreshment package when you upgrade it to the Replenish package (with cup). You should only have two packages when it is all done.

This is my understanding.

Nicole

I think she means..she bought the Ultimate package that includes the refresh package........BUT they are giving her enough OBC to upgrade to the Replenish package...........in essence,3 packages,but really only 2 since the Replenish inc soda..

Hope she got a a free replenish package [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally something that made me smile in this thread. I saw the promo last night but have been confused since.

I did the drink package 2 years ago on Allure and my husband and I both had to buy the package. Has this changed? On Princess , one of us could drink the day away with a package (me:) ) and he could pay as he went. I didnt understand what I would do with a free drink package, whether refresh or replenish.....

Help???

Finally something that made me smile in this thread. I saw the promo last night but have been confused since.

I did the drink package 2 years ago on Allure and my husband and I both had to buy the package. Has this changed? On Princess , one of us could drink the day away with a package (me:) ) and he could pay as he went. I didnt understand what I would do with a free drink package, whether refresh or replenish.....

Help???

Both parties are no longer required to purchase a beverage package.

Help???

Glad someone got a smile from that! It's been a pretty dark thread otherwise!!

You can now buy a drink package for just one person in a cabin. Of course you can't share a package, but definitely go get one for yourself and hubby can indeed just pay his own way!

If you got a free 2nd package then he could use it, although if he's not a bug soda drinker then the 'refresh' pkg promo isn't of much value to you.!

Cheers [emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

I think she means..she bought the Ultimate package that includes the refresh package........BUT they are giving her enough OBC to upgrade to the Replenish package...........in essence,3 packages,but really only 2 since the Replenish inc soda..

Ok, I'll try again.

I bought the Ultimate.. comes with everything, INCLUDING REFRESH FOR FREE (which is basically a soda cup, nothing more than that, which costs you $50 approximately for a 7 day cruise).

They are giving me enough OBC to buy a Replenish package (minus that $50) so that I don't get the Refresh package for free.

So I will STILL get Ultimate + Refresh, plus enough to buy Replenish (if I put in the extra $50 for it- which we will).

So 3 packages.. See?

They do NOT take away the free Refresh when they give you the OBC for the replenish package. So it's not an UPGRADE of that refresh package. You will end up with 3 soda cups. (if you end up buying the Replenish with your OBC). 1, with the Ultimate, 1 with the Refresh, 1 with Replenish (which you will buy with OBC).

This is how they are "resolving" the issue. And why there is not enough OBC to pay for the full amount of the Replenish package.

Nicole

Ok, I'll try again.

I bought the Ultimate.. comes with everything, INCLUDING REFRESH FOR FREE (which is basically a soda cup, nothing more than that, which costs you $50 approximately for a 7 day cruise).

They are giving me enough OBC to buy a Replenish package (minus that $50) so that I don't get the Refresh package for free.

So I will STILL get Ultimate + Refresh, plus enough to buy Replenish (if I put in the extra $50 for it- which we will).

So 3 packages.. See?

They do NOT take away the free Refresh when they give you the OBC for the replenish package. So it's not an UPGRADE of that refresh package. You will end up with 3 soda cups. (if you end up buying the Replenish with your OBC). 1, with the Ultimate, 1 with the Refresh, 1 with Replenish (which you will buy with OBC).

This is how they are "resolving" the issue. And why there is not enough OBC to pay for the full amount of the Replenish package.

Nicole

So, you are really only getting the two packages but then have an OBC that you can put towards a third package. The OBC is partial payment towards that third package, so really only two packages if I am understanding this correctly?

Ok, I'll try again.

So 3 packages.. See?

Nicole

Isn't that what I said??:confused::confused: