Complimentary Royal Refreshment Pkg??

I'm guessing what happened was the flyer posted a couple days ago (or something similar to it) was handed out to all the phone CSR's (or programmed into their computers). Then everyone started calling this morning. The CSR's (reading off their computers or flyers) said "yes, it's REPLENISH" (so they weren't lying).

Around 10am ET, someone noticed it was supposed to be REFRESHMENT and started all the corrections (again, either flyers or electronic).

In RCI's defense (and I was hoping to benefit from the sale also), most major print ads for various stores have a disclaimer that they're not responsible for misprints or mistakes in the ad and they don't have to honor them. It's a shame, but that's life.

I'm assuming most people hoping to get this deal already had a cruise booked, so you're not out anything but some time. Those who booked a cruise simply because of this deal should be able to cancel. No harm, no foul.

Woohoo, just booked 2 ultimate packages directly with RC and they guy I spoke with confirmed we get 2 complementary replenish packages for the kids. We don't cruise til march next year. I documented that call so let's hope they actually honour it when the time comes.

I'm guessing what happened was the flyer posted a couple days ago (or something similar to it) was handed out to all the phone CSR's (or programmed into their computers). Then everyone started calling this morning. The CSR's (reading off their computers or flyers) said "yes, it's REPLENISH" (so they weren't lying).

Around 10am ET, someone noticed it was supposed to be REFRESHMENT and started all the corrections (again, either flyers or electronic).

In RCI's defense (and I was hoping to benefit from the sale also), most major print ads for various stores have a disclaimer that they're not responsible for misprints or mistakes in the ad and they don't have to honor them. It's a shame, but that's life.

I'm assuming most people hoping to get this deal already had a cruise booked, so you're not out anything but some time. Those who booked a cruise simply because of this deal should be able to cancel. No harm, no foul.

I'm no lawyer but looking back at the original trade flyer posted herethere is no fine print included that implies errors and omissions excepted.

And if they take you money after confirming a specific offer, surely there is a bound contract in place for those that got that far?

Woohoo, just booked 2 ultimate packages directly with RC and they guy I spoke with confirmed we get 2 complementary replenish packages for the kids. We don't cruise til march next year. I documented that call so let's hope they actually honour it when the time comes.

Good one, and that will be next issue, as it's unclear just how this promo is to be honoured or fulfilled. Regardless of which free pkg is included their setup of its purchase with no confirmation or transparency is ridiculous. To say they will sort it out on board is not good enough when you have no documentation to even reflect a 'promotion, had been applied. That rings alarm bells to me...we all know once on board they seem to have a massive disconnect with head office or land based admin [emoji35][emoji37]

Over on our event page for a Dec sailing people are posting they are now being told that the cruise is not valid for the offer, it's only for cruise departures within 6/25 thru 8/30 [emoji31][emoji47]. That this was actually the promo purchase window was advised as also being incorrect info. What the??

The lack or inadequate communication and handling of this stuff up both internal and external alike is ridiculous. Can't quite believe it!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

I have the flyer as well. Which is it??

I believe it's still, and always has been the booking window of the deal. This has just come about due to as much internal confusion within RCI as there is outside !!

Just after midnight I logged into my cruise planner and it clearly said "replenish;" tonight it has been changed to "refreshment.". Seems that someone at Royal should be checking this stuff before it is posted or honoring their mistake since ultimately it is their oversight and not that of the customers.

In a word, the ultimate gives you some additional premium liquor brands, better wine, non-alcoholic frozen drinks, fresh squeezed OJ at Breakfast that you do not get on the premium pkg. It is like getting the premium pkg and the Replenish package together.

The refreshment pkg is soda pop only. Replenish pkg gives the fresh OJ, non-alcoholic frozen drinks, premium coffees and soda pop.

I agree with all, except there is no difference between Premium and Ultimate as it relates to the premium liquor brands and wine.

That is, unless they changed it since I last sailed, but I did look at the packages and it seems to be the same. I just didn't want anyone to think they got more "alcoholic choices" with the Ultimate. You are paying the extra $10 per day for the Replenish options that are not included in the Premium plan.

Just after midnight I logged into my cruise planner and it clearly said "replenish;" tonight it has been changed to "refreshment.". Seems that someone at Royal should be checking this stuff before it is posted or honoring their mistake since ultimately it is their oversight and not that of the customers.

We sail on 8/22. We were both planning on purchasing the Premium Beverage Plan, but I would go ahead and pre-purchase the Ultimate for me and Royal Replenish for my DH and then upgrade that onboard to the Premium. Would come out to be around $80 total cheaper for an 8 day cruise, right? But when I looked in my cruise planner, it doesn't mention anything at all about any free plan (replenish or refreshment). Just curious where it is showing to see if I'm missing it.

Not a huge deal, we are sailing in Northern Europe so I don't know if that's the issue. For that cruise, I wouldn't mind having the option to have speciality coffee and teas since it will be cold out on deck.

I'll search the thread for the previous posts, I only read the first few and last few pages so it might all be answered there too.

We sail on 8/22. We were both planning on purchasing the Premium Beverage Plan, but I would go ahead and pre-purchase the Ultimate for me and Royal Replenish for my DH and then upgrade that onboard to the Premium. Would come out to be around $80 total cheaper for an 8 day cruise, right? But when I looked in my cruise planner, it doesn't mention anything at all about any free plan (replenish or refreshment). Just curious where it is showing to see if I'm missing it.

Not a huge deal, we are sailing in Northern Europe so I don't know if that's the issue. For that cruise, I wouldn't mind having the option to have speciality coffee and teas since it will be cold out on deck.

I'll search the thread for the previous posts, I only read the first few and last few pages so it might all be answered there too.

You only see details of the offer if you click the 'View Details' button on the Ultimate Package. As discussed throughout this thread, even when adding the Ultimate package to your cart, there is no mention of the Promo. Some contributors have said that the crew will just 'know' they owe you a refreshment package when you get on board! Thats seems worrying.

If you add the ultimate and refreshment (or replenish) to your cart it seems you would be charged for both!

Frustrating and amateurish.

of the original offer

Here is a link to the PDF. Looks to be from within the Ivory RCI tower !:D;)

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Onboard_Experience/15043942_Share_a_Coke_Trade_Flyer.pdf

Upon her request, this is what I sent via email to the agent that I talked to yesterday, after which she confirmed that she booked us the ultimate package with free additional replenish.

Looking at that flyer today it now says refreshment package, but a few days ago it definately said replenish....didn't it????

It did, the flyer now also specifies that this is only valid for sail dates within the window specified and not packages booked in that window. Looks like RCCL screwed this up royally (see what I did there ;) )

Guess I am back to booking the Replenish package for us both, and maybe upgrading to the alcoholic one for the back end of the cruise as we don't intend leaving the ship for the last 2 ports.

I got a screen shot of the other flyer but can't check which flyer it is as I'm in work. I hope it's the REPLENISH flyer, then I can print that oout along with my Ultimate booking and see if I can get the packages I want.

I wish I could feel more hopeful!!!

Here is the original flyer...I saved a copy!!

Note the date in the fine print at the bottom....issued in 5/18. The latest updated version reflected 6/15.

29384f94ad3927dee16348651c426502.jpg

Edited by QE2_Fan

Here is the original flyer...I saved a copy!!

Note the date in the fine print at the bottom....issued in 5/18. The latest updated version reflected 6/15.

29384f94ad3927dee16348651c426502.jpg

Indeed, thank you for the correction QE2_FAN !

I indeed also have a PDF copy of the original flyer with the replenish offer and THAT was the one I shared with the agent yesterday. Looks like they changed it overnight indeed to avoid more people taking advantage.

Now the question is how RCI will honour the orders that were made yesterday based on the original and legitimate offer.

If somebody from the customer relations or PR departments in RCI is reading along (which I am sure they must be), they better give an answer quickly or I am sure things will start appearing on their FB and Twitter streams also. They better do some damage control here....

Right thing for them to do is to stick to their promises and fulfil all ordered Ultimate packages on June 15th 2015 with a free Replenish package.

Orders from 16th onward could then be given a free Refresh.

That would suit a decent customer focussed company.

Edited by dh1968

Not going to worry about it any further. I have the flyer and the receipt showing I purchased the Ultimate on 6/15. If they refuse to honor it when I turn up for the cruise either for 1) The deal is the refresh not the replenish or 2) The deal was for sailings in that date range not bookings, then we will have a brief argument and regardless of who wins move on to enjoying the vacation.

My next cruises are on NCL and Carnival anyway after being a Loyal Royal (pretty much) for several years, so this customer service opportunity for Royal will be part of my evaluation of whether to come back to Royal next year or not.

Those of you thinking they are going to honor anything are just in for a big disappointment. RCCL specifically told me and others they will NOT honor a misprint and that it doesn't matter if you bring a copy of the original flyer to customer service once onboard since it was printed in error. Shame on them but nothing we can do. I see some people thinking they got in while it was still Replenish but I fear you are just setting yourselves up for disappointment. I am boarding Sunday and will report back to confirm they won't honor it but I am not expecting them to at all after what I was told. I will cancel once they don't.

It did, the flyer now also specifies that this is only valid for sail dates within the window specified and not packages booked in that window. Looks like RCCL screwed this up royally (see what I did there ;) )

While the new flyer says the offer is for sailings within the June 15-Aug 31 window, in my Cruise Planner, I can still get this deal (not that I want it) for our Oct. 27 TA on the Anthem. In my Cruise Planner it says:

*Offer valid June 15 through August 31, 2015."

I am constantly amazed when businesses not only fail to proofread what they put out, but fail to communicate clearly. It really isn't rocket science.

Yesterday when I booked they told me this promo was not eligable to be upgraded.

I am really pretty bummed about this whole situation.

I was so excited yesterday when I seemingly confirmed the deal to be real and received the flyer (with the replenishment offer) and an email from a rccl rep.

How could it not be real? I received verification in writing. In my line of work, that's the golden ticket! I'm still confused by this but now so many of you say it was just all a big mistake.

I don't want to feel this way with 16 days to go before my Liberty cruise.

I planned on getting up today and booking this deal but I don't know if I want to go through the hassel of boarding and finding out I'm not getting what I planned on.

Does anyone have an email address of a high up official at rccl that I could contact and send all of this proof that I have?

Of course I told my wife that she would be receiving the replenishment package for free and started to get excited about it.

Don't get me wrong, we're lucky people who can afford to cruise and can afford the packages that we want, but we thought we had this great deal and now it's the principle of it.

Again, a little sad to have this happen so close to our cruise, but I'll get over it and have a great vacation anyway.

Hope you all do too

Those of you thinking they are going to honor anything are just in for a big disappointment. RCCL specifically told me and others they will NOT honor a misprint and that it doesn't matter if you bring a copy of the original flyer to customer service once onboard since it was printed in error. Shame on them but nothing we can do. I see some people thinking they got in while it was still Replenish but I fear you are just setting yourselves up for disappointment. I am boarding Sunday and will report back to confirm they won't honor it but I am not expecting them to at all after what I was told. I will cancel once they don't.

I fully expect them to not honor it, at which point I will be disappointed in them but not really upset in general since I would probably have ordered the Ultimate for my wife anyway.

To call this a misprint though is not really fair. People (customers and travel agents) have been calling RCI for over a week to inquire about the deal and they obviously trained up their reps on it being Replenish not Refresh as well (2 out of 2 on calls yesterday for me personally, plus my TA called in last week and was assured it was the Replenish on the deal).

Most companies seem to try and score the good PR by admitting a screwup and honoring the deal for those that booked before they caught it, RCI apparently doesn't want to go that route. Fair enough.