Complimentary Royal Refreshment Pkg??

Hi,

I know that most of you debate about if it is possible to get free replenish packages instead of refreshement packages. Nevertheless I'd like to know if anyone was able to book an ultimate package and get any free package displayed afterwards. I just tried it myself and called TA afterwards because nothing showed up (and in my case even the cruise is within the time frame stated).

So will it be necessary to debate on board to get the free packages granted? Even if I'm ok with getting "just" the refreshments?

Any clues?

BR

Mike

That's another element of this debacle. Even if the freebie error never occurred it is still unclear how to correctly book it, and have it confirmed once paid for. Whether right or not, seems common acceptance you just rock up on day of your cruise and they will give you an extra Coke a Souvenir Cup (which by default shows bartenders you have soda package).

How they know who booked it during the promotion vs outside the promotion period is anyone's guess if it doesn't even show up in their systems. LOL ,I have a better chance guessing the winning lottery numbers [emoji57][emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Update on progress.

Got another mail from RCCL stating:

"We do apologize but, the flyer was put out on the 15 of this month and the

information that we had since the beginning was the same as the one on the

document attach." (attached to the mail is the new document that they produced later that day on the 15th with the reduced offer).

Now I have checked the flyer document on their webpage again (http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Onboard_Experience/15043942_Share_a_Coke_Trade_Flyer.pdf) and in the change-log (right click on the document and select "inspect element") it is clear that they changed it only at 17.38h GMT which is hours after I made my actual purchase. (see the JPG with a screenshot).

[ATTACH]352625[/ATTACH]

Have just sent them a reply with this new info/evidence (on top of the verbal and written confirmation that they gave me already confirming my purchase of the Ultimate plus complimentary Replenish packages) demanding them to simply give me what I am legally entitled to.

Unbelievable how unprofessionally RCCL handles this mistake on their side.

Let's see what comes next

Quite valid. A little easier is if you check at the bottom in the fine print, there is a release date. This is different between the original (May) and updated version (Jun). Although your method comes down to the hour it was changed!!

I reached out to the general email contact form on the RCI website. I received a response from customer service stating that the Royal Replenish Package offered as "free" through the Ultimate Beverage package will not show up on any invoice. You will simply receive an additional souvenir cup with an integrated chip once onboard.

There was no other clarification other than the above. I intend to bring the flyer and subsequent email from customer service with my on the cruise. I am not looking forward to having to stand online and deal with guest services once on board. If they dont intend to honor the deal after discussing with guest services on board, i will cancel all packages and ask for an OBC for the pure inconvenience.

I understand RCI changing the flyer if this was a misprint, but you would think they would honor the previous offer for those claiming it. It is terrible customer service to do otherwise.

Obviously there is no incentive for RCI to change these tactics with ships that are sold out regularly. In a free market the only way to force change is to speak with your wallet and book on a different cruise line or choose a different vacation.

Success! I am onboard Navigator of the Seas embarking today and can say that Royal Caribbean has stepped up to the plate and honored their mistake on this beverage promotion!

I purchased the Ultimate Package on the 15th based on a confirmation e-mail from my TA from RCCL stating the Replenish was included. I printed out the flyer and e-mail I was given. On the 15th, I ordered the package and subsequently cancelled after the CSR initially stated it was Replenish and when I asked for a confirmation e-mail, I was placed on hold for awhile then told it was Refreshment. I explained the confirmation I had previously received from my TA through Royal and was told Royal wouldn't honor it so I cancelled.

After reading their facebook and online posts of those people being told Royal would honor it onboard, I wanted to order it but was too close to sailing so had to wait to talk to Guest Services once onboard. I explained the entire situation and presented my flyer and e-mail along with proof I had purchased the Ultimate Package and cancelled on the 15th based on the conflicting information the CSR gave me with what I had been previously told.

Bottom line is that I have the Ultimate sticker on my card and my wife was given the complimentary Replenish package. They said they were honoring it because I had the proof and they know they initially were incorrect in their advertisements.

Thank you Royal for honoring the mistake and showing the customer they do matter! Well done!

Great news J'B' Cruisin'!!

It is great to hear that Royal seems to be doing the only sensible thing by honoring the free Replenish to those that bought on the 15th..

I purchased also in the early morning of the 15th and didn't cancel. With your positive feedback, I now have one more argument to bring along next to the flyer and email confirmations when boarding my cruise in July.

Have a great cruise and enjoy the unlimited beverages :-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SGP312 met Tapatalk

Well done, that's great news for you.

I'm just curious as to what email you took with you. I ordered on the 15th and received an email of my order but it doesn't say anything about the free REPLENISH and when I asked for confirmation I was told, like most others, that guest services on board would just know I was owed a free REPLENISH package and would not email anything other than the order confirmation email.

I ordered before most of the confusion came about.

Thanks,

Congrats and thanks for the update. I wonder if u can upgrade the Replenish to a Premium package and pay the difference?

Good question.............maybe J B can ask while he is on board.......

I emailed RCCL on the 15th about the fiasco..I got a call the next day....very satisfied with their solution.............

I think they are stepping up the plate,esp for those who bought thinking,they were getting the Replenish..

I just wonder what wil happen to those who are cruising AFTER Aug 31st..

Good question.............maybe J B can ask while he is on board.......

I emailed RCCL on the 15th about the fiasco..I got a call the next day....very satisfied with their solution.............

I think they are stepping up the plate,esp for those who bought thinking,they were getting the Replenish..

I just wonder what wil happen to those who are cruising AFTER Aug 31st..

Hi there, you could provide me with the email that you used. I bought in good faith and would just like to sail in August with a bit more security that I will get a free REPLENISH.

They really have not stepped up to the plate. It is with tremendous reluctance they are honoring any honest purchases under their mistake. One should not have to go to guest services or anywhere else to be given what they purchased and paid for.

Anxiously awaiting JB's return to see if he had to go to guest services to get it sorted out or how it all played out? We are on the Jewel in less than 2 weeks and am hoping they'll honor their mistake as well with the flyer showing replenish and my booking of the ultimate from the 15th.

J B says he went to guest relations with the flyer and his email and they sorted it all for him.

It seems that some now feel, after speaking to Royal Caribbean, that they have resolved the issue and it will be honoured. No one has actually shared what Royal have said to them though or an email address so others can resolve theirs.

I still feel in the dark and am unsure whether to cancel the package or not, any help or info shared by anyone would be gratefully received.

I ordered on the 15th (and was assured then it was a free REPLENISH although did not receive any written confirmation of free package) and sail on the 23rd August, if anyone can help.

Hi again all from the Navigator! I'll try and answer some of the questions I've seen since I posted last.

1) I have not asked about upgrading the free REPLENISH since I am not doing that but will be sure to ask before I disembark and I will report back what I'm told.

2) The e-mail I was referring to was the one my TA had forwarded to me from RCCL (I posted a portion of the body of that e-mail earlier in this thread I believe) when I inquired about the confusion before the ordering window opened on the 15th. The e-mail confirming your purchase of the UP from Royal will NOT have any mention of the REPLENISH or REFRESHMENT packages. If you didn't e-mail your TA and get something like I have, I would just print out the flyer that you have that states you will receive a free REPLENISH package. If you happened to e-mail your TA and they confirmed over e-mail you would get the REPLENISH free, then bring that as well. You will need the actual flyer that states REPLENISH since the link was changed sometime mid-day on the 15th by Royal.

3) I did go to Guest Services to get it sorted out. The CSR I spoke to said the flyer they have says REFRESHMENT which we all know but she spoke to her Guest Services Manager/Director and he/she spoke to the Bar Manager/Director (that's what she told me). She said they were honoring the free REPLENISH because I had obviously been told I would be receiving it.

I hope this helps!

Hi again all from the Navigator! I'll try and answer some of the questions I've seen since I posted last.

1) I have not asked about upgrading the free REPLENISH since I am not doing that but will be sure to ask before I disembark and I will report back what I'm told.

2) The e-mail I was referring to was the one my TA had forwarded to me from RCCL (I posted a portion of the body of that e-mail earlier in this thread I believe) when I inquired about the confusion before the ordering window opened on the 15th. The e-mail confirming your purchase of the UP from Royal will NOT have any mention of the REPLENISH or REFRESHMENT packages. If you didn't e-mail your TA and get something like I have' date=' I would just print out the flyer that you have that states you will receive a free REPLENISH package. If you happened to e-mail your TA and they confirmed over e-mail you would get the REPLENISH free, then bring that as well. You will need the actual flyer that states REPLENISH since the link was changed sometime mid-day on the 15th by Royal.

3) I did go to Guest Services to get it sorted out. The CSR I spoke to said the flyer they have says REFRESHMENT which we all know but she spoke to her Guest Services Manager/Director and he/she spoke to the Bar Manager/Director (that's what she told me). She said they were honoring the free REPLENISH because I had obviously been told I would be receiving it.

I hope this helps![/quote']

Glad things worked out for you, that's one small win in the PR/Marketing failure. [emoji33]

So this sounds like a shipboard decision to honour the deal, not an outright instruction from RCI as such. So people boarding other ships may have a somewhat different outcome?

Thanx JB for taking the time from your cruise to jump back on CC.

I too am now concerned that results will vary ship to ship. If Royal had actually stepped up to the plate, then any rep at Guest Relations would be able to handle this matter without calling a manager.

Thanx JB for taking the time from your cruise to jump back on CC.

I too am now concerned that results will vary ship to ship. If Royal had actually stepped up to the plate, then any rep at Guest Relations would be able to handle this matter without calling a manager.

You're welcome! From what I gathered, I don't know that it was a ship decision necessarily as it was she didn't have the authority to make the decision herself. I was told though that since I had the information proving I was expecting to have received REPLENISH based on the flyer and e-mail, they honored it. If you all are in the same boat (pun intended) and provide the same type of information I would expect you'd have the same result. I'm sure someone else who is traveling soon with a similar situation will be able to report how it went for them.

I like everyone here on June 15th bought the Ultimate Package expecting to get the REPLENISH free. On top of that, I don't sail until Feb 7th 2016, so after the fact learned that it was supposed to only be if you sail with in dates specified.

I put in a call to Customer service and although the rep was very friendly and truly went to bat for me, she was told that the Resolutions Dept would have to look into it and would call me back the following day. Well after a week, and no return call, I called them this morning. What they say they are doing for those that purchased the deal that first day with original flyer info, They are giving enough Ship board credit so you can upgrade from the free REFRESHMENT package to the REPLENISH. I just received an invoice with $125.00 SBC for all my troubles. Works for me! I just hope come FEB I have no trouble getting the free refreshment package, but I doubt it.

I like everyone here on June 15th bought the Ultimate Package expecting to get the REPLENISH free. On top of that, I don't sail until Feb 7th 2016, so after the fact learned that it was supposed to only be if you sail with in dates specified.

I put in a call to Customer service and although the rep was very friendly and truly went to bat for me, she was told that the Resolutions Dept would have to look into it and would call me back the following day. Well after a week, and no return call, I called them this morning. What they say they are doing for those that purchased the deal that first day with original flyer info, They are giving enough Ship board credit so you can upgrade from the free REFRESHMENT package to the REPLENISH. I just received an invoice with $125.00 SBC for all my troubles. Works for me! I just hope come FEB I have no trouble getting the free refreshment package, but I doubt it.

I had planned to just let it ride until November when my cruise comes around (same situation as you), maybe it is worth calling in and getting this deal at least .... will ponder it a bit

I was also offered OBC,but someone mentioned,you will NOT be allowed to upgrade on the ship......but you can use that OBC to buy some drinks,I suppose..

I was also offered OBC,but someone mentioned,you will NOT be allowed to upgrade on the ship......but you can use that OBC to buy some drinks,I suppose..

Hi Kathy, I thought you had a resolution you were happy with from RCCL. Could you share what they offered you please?

Seth in the Resolutions Dept Clearly stated that the whole purpose of getting the OBC was so that we could use it to UPGRADE to the Replenish package. I truly hope that come time to do so, I will not have a fight on my hands. I think it might be different to be upgrading to just what was promised to begin with ie: Refreshment to Replenish as apposed to upgrading something that your getting free ie: Replenish to Ultimate?? Who knows :confused: