Complimentary Royal Refreshment Pkg??

Well I ve just rung on the number earlier and she was sure its the REPLENISH package free so I booked it. But because you don't allocate the free package till you board it won't show up in my invoice. I'm a little concerned but I asked for clarification 4 times and she was positive.

So I'll print out the offer and go for it in August.

i to just called and booked it. they have told me replenish and verified it several times. i don't like the fact there is nothing they can send me to show this.

apparently i just need to print out the flier and take it with me to prove it at guest services. just having to go to guest services is going to waste some time i'm sure. can't wait till people start reporting back on what they really get.

Here's what happened to me:

I called RCI because I wanted to make a change in the cabin for a future booking. While I was on the phone, I figured I'd ask about the beverage package deal for our 8/22/15 Liberty sailing. I just asked for details about the "beverage package promotion."

The guy on the phone asked when we were sailing, and said it "had to be by 8/31." When I told him we were on an 8/22 sailing, he said "well, you're good then. If you buy the UBP, you get the Royal Replenish -- our most complete package that doesn't include alcohol -- for free." He was very clear in using the description of the package, not just the name.

Could it be that there are TWO beverage package promotions -- once if you SAIL before 8/31 and one that you just can BOOK between 6/15 and 8/31?

It is REFRESHMENT not REPLENISH! What is more upsetting is (as has been stated)' date=' no matter what you were told or what you have in writing, they will NOT honor the Replenish because of their 'error' in printing the flyers. If you bought this assuming you were covered, I would absolutely cancel otherwise you will have an unwelcome headache once you board. I spoke to four different RCCL reps about this. It doesn't matter what your TA tells you either. I had even purchased it after being told by RCCL it was REPLENISH but when I pushed for written confirmation, a supervisor and team lead confirmed it is only REFRESHMENT. They acknowledge the erroneous flyers.[/quote']

For the amount of money involved I am going to let it ride, was on the fence about buying Ultimate anyway so theoretically it wont cost me anymore than I would have spent either way.

However, given that they know the promo I thought I was buying under and have my email, I will quite enjoy giving them hell if they don't honor the agreement or at the very least reach out to me to tell me they screwed up.

I booked the Ultimate with their assurances we'd get the replenishment when we boarded ("they will see you booked during this time, just bring the flyer and they will know they owe you the replenishment") because what's the worst that can happen? They say no, we're not going to honor the mistake we're going to ONLY allow the refreshment package. I'll say "OK, cancel the Ultimate, we'll take two Replenishment" It's what we originally planned anyway. We lose nothing, but RCI loses an Ultimate package and they also are going to take quite a hit in "Loyal to Royal" with this one. Its one thing to mess peoples wallet, but to mess with a cruisers ALCOHOL??

I'm kidding of course. We don't drink a ton, so the Ultimate only makes sense to us with this deal. Otherwise, nope. It's vacation so I refuse to lose sleep over it. I'll make sure the deal is either there or not on day 1 and then I'll not think of it again.

August 29th Here We COME!

I called RCI because I wanted to make a change in the cabin for a future booking. While I was on the phone, I figured I'd ask about the beverage package deal for our 8/22/15 Liberty sailing. I just asked for details about the "beverage package promotion."

The guy on the phone asked when we were sailing, and said it "had to be by 8/31." When I told him we were on an 8/22 sailing, he said "well, you're good then. If you buy the UBP, you get the Royal Replenish -- our most complete package that doesn't include alcohol -- for free." He was very clear in using the description of the package, not just the name.

Could it be that there are TWO beverage package promotions -- once if you SAIL before 8/31 and one that you just can BOOK between 6/15 and 8/31?

our cruise is not till nov of 2016 so i don't think thats it.

I booked the Ultimate with their assurances we'd get the replenishment when we boarded ("they will see you booked during this time, just bring the flyer and they will know they owe you the replenishment") because what's the worst that can happen? They say no, we're not going to honor the mistake we're going to ONLY allow the refreshment package. I'll say "OK, cancel the Ultimate, we'll take two Replenishment" It's what we originally planned anyway. We lose nothing, but RCI loses an Ultimate package and they also are going to take quite a hit in "Loyal to Royal" with this one. Its one thing to mess peoples wallet, but to mess with a cruisers ALCOHOL??

I'm kidding of course. We don't drink a ton, so the Ultimate only makes sense to us with this deal. Otherwise, nope. It's vacation so I refuse to lose sleep over it. I'll make sure the deal is either there or not on day 1 and then I'll not think of it again.

They have lost out on us, we are not going to book the Ultimate package now. We might get one refreshment package for my DH, but that is all. We are not going to waste any time on board trying to make sure this is handled correctly.

No,only one.............I am cruising during that time period...

I think some reps don't know the true answer and unfortunately,guest relations on the ships,are going to be in for it!!

I'm glad to know that we can change the package pretty easily. Rather than spending the next few weeks worrying about it and anticipating a fight on board, we'll just plan to go back to the original plan if they don't honor what they said -- 2 Replenish packages and booze on our TA's OBC. Your sensible words will leave me much calmer as we get closer to our cruise date!

Prior to our May cruise we were contacted by Royal's executive offices (via phone and email) in regards to an issue that could not be resolved by customer service.

I still had that person's email address and have sent a message asking for help concerning the "Refresh vs Replenish" debcal.

May or may not get the answer we are looking for, but it's worth a try.

so interestingly enough, i booked the package today and the agent confirmed over and over that it was the replenish package but i would not get a confirmation stating that before we sail. she emailed me the confirmation that i purchased a ultimate package. what i did was email her back asking that she confirm by responding that i will indeed be getting the replenish package.

i have just received her response with the add that i need to bring for this offer and it states it is the refreshment package that is free.

this is annoying!

Has anyone booked this promo on the website? And if so, how? I see the promo info that says Buy and Ultimate and get REPLENISH for free (still there at 6:30 pm edt) but i cannot see how to get the promotion in the shopping cart. I figure that I'll just buy it now and if it ends up actually being the REFRESHMENT then I will cancel both.

I think they need to "rename" their packages so it isn't so confusing ;)

They really do. Just call one the Soda Package. Call the other the Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. (As Celebrity does. Clear and not confusing.)

I'm new to RCI (but not to cruising) and the names have me totally confused!

I kinda need to know if it is worth my hassle to change what Ive got for my Freedom cruise next month.

I currently have purchased 1 premium package and 1 Refreshment.

If I cancel those and do the promo, the cost is basically the same... My real question (that I cannot seem to readily find and the descriptions are vague on the website) is?

What does the Ultimate package give me that the Premium package does not?

-and-

What does the Replenish package give me that the Refreshment package does not?

I kinda need to know if it is worth my hassle to change what Ive got for my Freedom cruise next month.

If I cancel those and do the promo, the cost is basically the same... My real question (that I cannot seem to readily find and the descriptions are vague on the website) is?

-and-

See attached...OR if it's too small -----> http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options and click on beverage packages

2015018868_bevpackage.jpg.3d3b48268f3b33616164d2e7e424ec39.jpg

Edited by PH8

I just called Royal's C&A number and asked about adding an Ultimate package to my booking. The rep said I called at the right time as they are giving away a "REPLENISH PACKAGE" for every Ultimate bought. He then stated that he needed to put me on hold. I waited about 5 mins and he came back on the phone and said he made an error. It was the "REFRESHMENT PACKAGE" and his supervisor had correct him. I told him i would think about it and call back later.

-and-

In a word, the ultimate gives you some additional premium liquor brands, better wine, non-alcoholic frozen drinks, fresh squeezed OJ at Breakfast that you do not get on the premium pkg. It is like getting the premium pkg and the Replenish package together.

The refreshment pkg is soda pop only. Replenish pkg gives the fresh OJ, non-alcoholic frozen drinks, premium coffees and soda pop.

Edited by Hawaiifrank

Prior to our May cruise we were contacted by Royal's executive offices (via phone and email) in regards to an issue that could not be resolved by customer service.

I still had that person's email address and have sent a message asking for help concerning the "Refresh vs Replenish" debcal.

May or may not get the answer we are looking for, but it's worth a try.

Thank you on behalf of us all frustrated by this embarrassing debacle on their part. It certainly needs to be taken up with those 'higher in command".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, here's how this went for me today... Called this morning and talked to a rep, she told me it was absolutely the REPLENISH package, read it right off her computer screen. I was going to book it, but apparently was still logged on and needed to get off. I had left home to go to appt and could not log off then, so she told me to wait 25 mins before calling again.

Was gone all day, so I called back this evening and talked to a very rude man named OLIVER who told me that I was wrong and it was the Refreshment package. I explained that I had talked to someone this morning and was told that it was the Replenish package, as was a large group of people on Cruise Critic. He stated that he worked there and we didn't so he would be the one to know. OK sure.

I then called back at 6:30 this evening, and spoke with another very nice rep that said yes it was the REPLENISH and started to book it, then put me on hold and came back 10 mins later and said that "they" are not really sure exactly what it is supposed to be, and after telling her supervisor that I had a printed out flyer in my hand that stated Replenish she asked if they could honor it. Well I'm supposed to be getting a call back tomorrow with the answer to that question. Not holding my breath. Rep did say to make sure I bring the flyer with me, as that would be like gold...:rolleyes: