12 pack bottled water, $2.99 in FunShop

BigB0882

see, so the VIFP perk bottled water really is worth less than a quarter :rolleyes: :)

The Plat/Dia water bottles are much bigger than the $2.99 ones but not as big as the tall ones in the room. It's a perk - adds to the cruise. I don't cruise for the perks, but b/c I enjoy cruising :cool:

Then what is it? Is it a permanent price change?

According to Glinda on the Fun Shop Phone Line, it is a permanent price change.

And, again according to Glinda, the best way to cancel if you had bought at the old price like I did, is to phone the fun shop direct.

Has anyone else received a reversal from their bank? I knew this was too good to be true.

I bought 2 for a total of 3.20 each. This morning I have an incoming "atm credit" coming in for 6.40. It doesn't say who it's from but I'm assuming from this? Don't know what else it would be?

I called Carnival. The representative said she couldn't say for certain because the people for that department aren't there until Monday at 9 but she's fairly certain that the water price was a mistake on Carnivals end. They have been getting calls all morning with people getting reversals of the charge.

Just another example of CCL putting profit b/4 customer service. I`ve seen 12 packs of H2O at the grocery store at a similar price, so I`m sure they would not lose money honoring the price mistake. They just refuse to not make an obscene profit on anything aboard. SOP

Are they allowed to cancel the order and credit your money back if you already paid? It was their mistake to list the water at that price. I thought most companies just honored the price to the people that bought it. I hear all the time about people getting good deals on Amazon and other sites due to a pricing error.

My credit card is also showing a pending credit but if I go to the fun shops its still showing the price as $2.99. Seems to me if they aren't going to honor the price they should dang well change it!

No reversal on mine.....yet.

I was thinking, imagine those that did not check to see if the charge was reversed and board the ship expecting the water to be there only to find out it was an error that Carnival did not honor.

There will be a lot of upset folks for sure!

$2.99 is not THAT great a price for a 12 pack. I normally pick up a 24 pack anywhere from 2.99 to 3.99 when its on sale.

Now compared to what whey normally charge for a bottle on board, $2.99 for a 12 pack is a GREAT price.

Does anyone know if this is a mistake for sure? and that they are refunding/cancelling the orders for 2.99? If it is, then I am surprised it took them this long to figure that out!

I dont see any pending refund yet. I wonder how much I lost (US to CAD exchange) rate:D Just kidding!

it still shows up for 2.99 on their website.

Edited by SMSACE6

I have not seen a reversal on my credit card either. Sometimes it takes a while. The law in the state (Massachusetts ) where I live is that if you make a mistake in pricing you eat it.

Not sure if the state law applies to Internet Sales or not.

O well it sure was worth a try to get the water at the nice low price. If not back to tap water with ice.

Smooth sailing,

Scuttle ( Dennis & Tai )