Owners Suite or AquaTheater Suite?

Isn't that the truth!

Tom

Hey Tom... What did you find out about the A3 on Harmony??? sometimes ya know you can hear one thing from one rep and something else from another and then post and before long realize reps you spoke with were not correct, but I will say the conversation about the A3 was a long discussion when we tried to book and got passed around to everyone before I actually got on a conference call with a supervisor in inventory... Was interested in what you were told...

And, if there was anyone 7 other people I would sail with, my kids I think I could deal with ;):D:).... One of the few times to unplug with the world and just be with your family.... Unless you have free accessible wifi... I probably shouldn't of told them about that:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hey Tom... What did you find out about the A3 on Harmony??? sometimes ya know you can hear one thing from one rep and something else from another and then post and before long realize reps you spoke with were not correct, but I will say the conversation about the A3 was a long discussion when we tried to book and got passed around to everyone before I actually got on a conference call with a supervisor in inventory... Was interested in what you were told...

And, if there was anyone 7 other people I would sail with, my kids I think I could deal with ;):D:).... One of the few times to unplug with the world and just be with your family.... Unless you have free accessible wifi... I probably shouldn't of told them about that:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I booked online, not dealing with a rep - though when I recently called to get the A2 rate, I asked what the rate on the "deck 10, two bedroom Aqua Theatre Suites" was. I was told twice by her that there were no two bedroom suites in that category - not that they weren't available for my sailing, but that they didn't exist at all. The third time I asked the question she did have an Ah Ha moment and stated that "yes, the deck 10 suite is available and it does have two rooms".

Truly on-the-job training, often thanks to many of us !!

Tom

To each his own...we had an A2 and loved every inch of that fabulous balcony!

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These two cabins are not even remotely similar. A2 is a traditional Aqua suite an A3/4 are the new cabins on 11,12,14.

What are your thoughts on A1 or A2?

I've not been in either, but I don't see how you could go wrong... We will be in an A2... I would have liked to of gone up to an A1, but just was a stretch for us from when we originally booked before the price drop...

A2 739/695 sq ft

A1 823/772 sq ft

I can see where it's not as luxurious as some of the other suites. I probably would think about booking an aqua suite if it were just me and significant other, but with big family, several couples and friends... To me the balcony is just amazing and best of both worlds with the he aquatheatre and sea...I'm thinking it will be everything I thought and more...

We are balcony people as well, just don't really care for that particular one..

If you look at the deck plans on Oasis/Allure vs Harmony you would see that they are different. If they are the same, I can see some very unhappy cruisers, me included :eek:

I don't think I would be happy or excited on deck 11 on Oasis or Allure, especially from some of the videos I have seen. Only time will tell, keeping my fingers crossed

Oasis

Staterooms 11330 & 11730 (398 sq. ft. Balcony 452 sq. ft.)

Staterooms 12330 & 12730 (323sq. ft. Balcony 355 sq. ft)

Staterooms 14330 & 14730 (323sq. ft. Balcony 140 sq. ft)

Allure

Staterooms 11330 and 11730: 433 sq. ft., balcony 362 sq. ft.

Staterooms 12330 and 12730: 433 sq. ft., balcony 362 sq. ft.

Staterooms 14330 and 14730: 421 sq. ft., balcony 136 sq. ft.

Harmony

Staterooms 11330 and 11730 (606 sq. ft., balcony 626 sq. ft.)

Staterooms 12330 and 12730 (652 sq. ft., balcony 589 sq. ft.)

Staterooms 14330 and 14730 (604 sq. ft., balcony 631 sq. ft.)

If you look at the deck plans on Oasis/Allure vs Harmony you would see that they are different. If they are the same, I can see some very unhappy cruisers, me included :eek:

I don't think I would be happy or excited on deck 11 on Oasis or Allure, especially from some of the videos I have seen. Only time will tell, keeping my fingers crossed

Oasis

Staterooms 11330 & 11730 (398 sq. ft. Balcony 452 sq. ft.)

Staterooms 12330 & 12730 (323sq. ft. Balcony 355 sq. ft)

Staterooms 14330 & 14730 (323sq. ft. Balcony 140 sq. ft)

Allure

Staterooms 11330 and 11730: 433 sq. ft., balcony 362 sq. ft.

Staterooms 12330 and 12730: 433 sq. ft., balcony 362 sq. ft.

Staterooms 14330 and 14730: 421 sq. ft., balcony 136 sq. ft.

Harmony

Staterooms 11330 and 11730 (606 sq. ft., balcony 626 sq. ft.)

Staterooms 12330 and 12730 (652 sq. ft., balcony 589 sq. ft.)

Staterooms 14330 and 14730 (604 sq. ft., balcony 631 sq. ft.)

Is anyone else concerned that the total square footage numbers on Oasis and Allure don't match. I can see that Alure could have bigger cabin and smaller balcony or vice versa, but I would think the totals would match

These two cabins are not even remotely similar. A2 is a traditional Aqua suite an A3/4 are the new cabins on 11,12,14.

Sorry, I misinterpreted the meaning of your post when you referred to the large balcony as wasted space.

What are your thoughts on A1 or A2?

We loved the A2, and since it was just the two of us the space was positively decadent. Here's a balcony picture. If you click on it you will open the album. I took lots of cabin pictures!:D

IMG_8701W-L.jpg

Sorry, I misinterpreted the meaning of your post when you referred to the large balcony as wasted space.

We loved the A2, and since it was just the two of us the space was positively decadent. Here's a balcony picture. If you click on it you will open the album. I took lots of cabin pictures!:D

IMG_8701W-L.jpg

A1/2 are great you have a dining table, nice full loungers and some bar stools. A3/4 you have half loungers a small table and a few bar stools on deck 11, not sure about deck 12/14. When we had 11330 after a day or so we used about 1/10th or less of the balcony. That's why I say it is wasted space. Yes it is a wrap around but there is minimal shade and the people on 12 are looking down on top of you. Just reminds me of the royal family suites on the freedom class.. Decent money for the room and not much privacy. You can walk around the ocean side of the balcony and have a little privacy. The room was ok, we just would not book again, not our cup of tea.

We sailed aIn an A3 and we're not impressed at all. Yes it has a large balcony but 90% of it is wasted space

As I pointed out, the A4 on Harmony is MUCH different than Oasis/Allure. At least as per the deck plans. Only time will tell...

Is anyone else concerned that the total square footage numbers on Oasis and Allure don't match. I can see that Alure could have bigger cabin and smaller balcony or vice versa, but I would think the totals would match

When I first was looking up the info, I was only going to show Oasis. Then I thought, my luck it will be slightly different and someone would call me out on it (as some ALWAYS do). But I do think it is very odd how they differ and then you add Harmony in the mix and that is completely different...

I did double check decks 8,9,10 too

Oasis and Allure (both the same)

8 - 820 sq. ft., balcony 803 sq. ft.

9 - 720 sq. ft., balcony 716 sq. ft

10-659 sq. ft., balcony 648 sq. ft.

Harmony

8 - 823 sq. ft., balcony 772 sq. ft.

9 - 739 sq. ft., balcony 695 sq. ft

10-673 sq. ft., balcony 610 sq. ft.

:confused: :eek: :confused:

As I pointed out, the A4 on Harmony is MUCH different than Oasis/Allure. At least as per the deck plans. Only time will tell...

When I first was looking up the info, I was only going to show Oasis. Then I thought, my luck it will be slightly different and someone would call me out on it (as some ALWAYS do). But I do think it is very odd how they differ and then you add Harmony in the mix and that is completely different...

I did double check decks 8,9,10 too

Oasis and Allure (both the same)

8 - 820 sq. ft., balcony 803 sq. ft.

9 - 720 sq. ft., balcony 716 sq. ft

10-659 sq. ft., balcony 648 sq. ft.

Harmony

8 - 823 sq. ft., balcony 772 sq. ft.

9 - 739 sq. ft., balcony 695 sq. ft

10-673 sq. ft., balcony 610 sq. ft.

:confused: :eek: :confused:

I believe it is a valid point to be made. BTW, has anyone seen new layouts for the Harmony Cabins

We've got a CLS and and OS booked. Thinking of booking a A 3/4 in the future. Why would you recommend booking an OS instead?

Just got off the Oasis yesterday in 11330. We have been in an OS and a CLS also, so have experienced all 3. We are balcony cruisers and choose our cabins on balcony first and cabin second.

Everyone has different tastes and different opinions. For what it is worth, this is ours, and we support others' that are different from ours.

We LOVED the balcony on 11330. We spent hours on it, from breakfast coffee on the ocean side everyone morning to afternoons in the loungers, to evenings watching the Aqua Theater shows, or rock climbing. We moved furniture around to suit whether we wanted shade, sun, big table, small table, etc. Absolutely loved it. The people in 12330 said they could only see us if we are standing at the rail on the part that juts out the farthest.

We do not like the balcony in the CLS. Small and completely filled up with 2 loungers and a table. No way to eat any meals out there comfortably. Probably will not book a CLS again.

The Owner's Suite is wonderful but quite often out of our price range. The table and 4 chairs are wonderful for meals and the 2 loungers are far enough away to give adequate space to move around in between.

If you are unsure, you would be best to go with the OS, especially if the price is close to the same. I have pictures of all 3 balconies that I will try to find and post for comparison.

And here is our balcony from 2011 in the CLS

I loved the look of the CLS. I almost considered the disabled CLS, it has an elevator. (before any wants to blast me for considering a disabled suite, I do have documentation for my disability) Stairs, especially lately, have not been my friend!! At home, we have a split level 3 story, each level is 7 stairs. Nice thing is I don't have to go to the lower level very often...

What stopped me from booking the wheelchair accessible CLS was the bathrooms!! I could understand 1 roll in shower, full disability bathroom, sink, handles, toilet, etc... but Both bathrooms were set up as full disability bathrooms. Not only would I not need a roll in shower, I don't like them and my DH would have to use it as well.