Owners Suite or AquaTheater Suite?

We are extremely torn and could really use some opinions!

We are going to take the plunge on Harmoney. After looking at the suites on both Oasis & Allure on youtube & images, we have narrowed down our choices to either the AquaTheater Suite and the Owners Suite.

They are basically the same price. We eliminated the L1/L2 due to the stairs. 14 steps several times a day, would unfortunately not be good since I have a bad leg :rolleyes:

The OS suite looks nicer inside the cabin where the A4 seems to be very tight in the bedroom areas.

The balcony on the A4!!! Need I say more?? Would we even be inside the cabin other than to maybe sleep!

If we go with the A4, which deck would you recommend? If you are on the lower decks, other than the climbing walls, can people on the pool decks see you better? or is it semi private?

My DH seems to prefer the OS, where I am all about the balcony!

Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

I would suggest you take a look a t this thread. While the title calls them GS that was before they were renamed as Aqua suites. The reason I say this, there are significant differences between the different decks. You may have noticed that there are A3 and A4. The A4 have very small balconies.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2159852

The Aquatheater suite is all about the balcony. We had an A3 on Oasis in March of last year and adored it. The balcony is amazing! The cabin also has great space if you are more than a couple. It was great to have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a separate living room. We went with my son and his fiancée. We loved the privacy. Be warned it is not luxurious. The bath in master is the same as a junior suite. But it was not an issue for us as the space and balcony are what this cabin is about.

The owners suite is more luxurious and the 1 bath is itself more luxurious. It has great space but no privacy for more than a couple.

My opinion is if it is just my husband and I then we go in the Owners suite (we have one on Allure in Oct). If we go with my son it is the Aquatheater suite (we had on on oasis and plan on one for Harmony in2017). Just my opinion.

I've just booked an A1 on the Allure next May. I looked at the OS but wanted the balcony and we are planning to have 4 people there. as noted earlier, the more folks you have, the more I would incline towards the AS.

If you can move up from an A4 to a 3 or 2 I think you'll like it more! Not sure how much of a price difference it would be though for you.

Good luck and either way I think you'll have a blast.

I finally found a video of an A4 (or Oasis GS) and the balcony is small but it is now as small as I was envisioning! But I am kinda leaning towards a GS or OS now... decisions, decisions , decisions...

Guess I have to wait until tomorrow and see if my DS & BiL are going to join us. If they do I will look into an A1, A2 or A3 and see how they compare in price...

Thanks for the help so far...

I finally found a video of an A4 (or Oasis GS) and the balcony is small but it is now as small as I was envisioning! But I am kinda leaning towards a GS or OS now... decisions, decisions , decisions...

Guess I have to wait until tomorrow and see if my DS & BiL are going to join us. If they do I will look into an A1, A2 or A3 and see how they compare in price...

Thanks for the help so far...

We have stayed in both cabins on Oasis/Allure, both great choices. The ATS is all about the balcony, the OS is well appointed and close to the aft elevators.

You mentioned you have a bad leg, there is much more walking involved when staying in the ATS, it's quite a long walk all the way aft to the ATS. That may be something you would want to consider.

If you are considering any of the new GS/ATS - I'd go with either on deck 11 but not that ones on other decks. The balcony seems to get progressively smaller. As far as I know too, the new GS/ATS only have 1 bedroom so pick carefully. I don't think the room descriptions are quite right on the website yet either.

We had an A2 on the Oasis in November, and if I had the opportunity to do it again I would without hesitation. We practically lived on the balcony, and all the space was positively decadent for the two of us. Here are some pictures:

IMG_8702W-L.jpg

IMG_8699W-L.jpg

IMG_8691W-L.jpg

We had an A2 on the Oasis in November, and if I had the opportunity to do it again I would without hesitation. We practically lived on the balcony, and all the space was positively decadent for the two of us. Here are some pictures:

How many people did you have to book that suite?

The Aqua Suite balcony is incredible. We were lucky on one of our Oasis cruises to have someone on our roll call host our sailaway in his Aqua Suite. Unforgettable.

The balcony could probably accommodate 30 people easily.

Whoa, I really didn't realize the balconey was that large. I booked an A1 for next June 12th and there will be a total of 5 staying in the room. In the past we have done GS w/ connecting D cabin or OS w/ connecting JS. I already know about the finish out of these vs GS/OS but what about use of space? Did it seem plenty large for 2 adults and 3 kids?

Whoa, I really didn't realize the balconey was that large. I booked an A1 for next June 12th and there will be a total of 5 staying in the room. In the past we have done GS w/ connecting D cabin or OS w/ connecting JS. I already know about the finish out of these vs GS/OS but what about use of space? Did it seem plenty large for 2 adults and 3 kids?

There will be plenty of space for 2 adults and 3 kids. The second bedroom is small, but ample for the children and it has a TV in there as well. The guest bath is small, but has a stand alone shower. The living area is a nice size and has a dining table and window seat. There is plenty of storage, closets and drawer space.

The A1 is a unique cabin, I'm sure you'll love it. The view is spectacular. I'll bet it's something you and your family will never forget!

I believe that due to the Harmony being newly constructed that they have addressed the issue of the smaller balconies that they have on Oasis and Allure and that those suites are now more like the A1,2 and 3 suites.

Here are the cabin and balcony sizes according to the Harmony deckplans.

AquaTheater Suite with Balcony

Two twin beds that convert to Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long. Private bathroom with tub and single sink, large closets, sitting area with table and sofa. Expansive balcony with table and chairs. Deck 11 & Deck 14

Staterooms 11330 and 11730 (606 sq. ft., balcony 626 sq. ft.)

Staterooms 14330 and 14730 (604 sq. ft., balcony 631 sq. ft.)

Staterooms 12330 and 12730 (562 sq. ft., balcony 589 sq. ft.)

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I would not hesitate to book ATS again. Even though, as someone previously posted, it IS a long walk. The balcony is wonderful. You want shade - sit on this side. You want sun - sit on this side. Best seats for the water shows! For me I can't even compare it to OS.

We booked the A4 on Deck 11....

My DH wanted the luxury of the OS and I wanted the Balcony. I did take my leg in consideration and decided, if need be, I will bring my wheelchair.

Unfortunately, now we have 626 days to wait to enjoy it :D

There will be plenty of space for 2 adults and 3 kids. The second bedroom is small, but ample for the children and it has a TV in there as well. The guest bath is small, but has a stand alone shower. The living area is a nice size and has a dining table and window seat. There is plenty of storage, closets and drawer space.

The A1 is a unique cabin, I'm sure you'll love it. The view is spectacular. I'll bet it's something you and your family will never forget!

Thanks, I have an extrememly long time before this cruise and due to that, I tend to "over think" if I made the right decision. I knew these suites go really fast so I grabbed it, but I know the owner suite set-up and it has worked in the past for us. The kids have always been in a more normal sized room and have tended to gravitate into our room to hangout. My thoughts are this keeps us together but still gives us the opportunity to close a bedroom door while letting them hang in a common area or balcony.

Question: Is the Master bedroom larger on an A2 vs A1? I know the A1 is a larger suite but if you look at the room layout drawings the RCCL provide it appears that the A2 Mast is actually larger? I would honestly prefer the extra living space vs larger bedroom but just curious in you or anyone knows for sure.

Edited by Bdchili

• 1 month later...
I would not hesitate to book ATS again. Even though, as someone previously posted, it IS a long walk. The balcony is wonderful. You want shade - sit on this side. You want sun - sit on this side. Best seats for the water shows! For me I can't even compare it to OS.

I'm considering a ATS too and I've also heard comments on the long walk to get anywhere .Just how long is a long walk - say if you were to go from ATS to Coastal Kitchen, approximately how long would it take to get there?

When reading 'Royal Suite Class' I was surprised that Harmony does not have (or doesn't currently list) a Grand Loft suite and an Owners Loft Suite...

I am happy with my decision but I still wish I coulda talked someone into joining us in the suite so we could get the A1 or A2. I still can't believe my stepson wanted a CP balcony vs the A1 or 2... bet they will kick their own butts when I tell them what they are missing out on (and what we will miss out on)

I'm considering a ATS too and I've also heard comments on the long walk to get anywhere .Just how long is a long walk - say if you were to go from ATS to Coastal Kitchen, approximately how long would it take to get there?

Sorry this is going to be our first Oasis Class... I heard it is a far walk but I am taking my chances. I am never in a rush to get somewhere while on vacation... maybe someone else can answer :D

Good choice with that many people. We debated on the Oasis between ATS (share with another couple) or OS and ended up with the OS as the price was half and we didn't have to share a cabin with somebody. The other couple booked a CLS, again for less than half the price of the ATS. The OS I think is much more private and probably more quite. But the view from the ATS must be awesome.

BTW: we looked at Thanksgiving week 2014 and the ATS with five people was $18,000. We booked OS for less than $7000 and the CLS was the same price as the OS. My brother loved the CLS as it was steps to the CL and CK. We on the other hand had to walk about five minutes to get to the CL/CK. I would guess the walk from the ATS to CL/CK on the Oasis was at least ten minutes.

Edited by jamesr3939

My opinion is if it is just my husband and I then we go in the Owners suite (we have one on Allure in Oct). If we go with my son it is the Aquatheater suite (we had on on oasis and plan on one for Harmony in2017). Just my opinion.

Couldn't agree more! ATS is all about the balcony and privacy with separate bedrooms. OS is all about luxury and convenience, still with an awesome balcony.

IMG_8702W-L.jpg

IMG_8699W-L.jpg

IMG_8691W-L.jpg

Thanks for the pics! Was wondering what the balconies looked like. Now I know I want to go with that level suite.