Owners Suite or AquaTheater Suite?

Good Morning... We are in an A2 on the January 7,2017 sailing on harmony... There are gonna be 8 of us :eek:.... I'm so happy we went with this now that the new suite program has rolled out.... I sure hope that 8 people isn't going to be to tight, but I think the trade off for the balcony is going to just be awesome! We got an unbelievable price!

So, those of you that have stayed in aqua suite, would you bring anything special to enjoy on the deck if you had to do over again???

And those booked in a 2 bedroom that falls in star class, are you not just on cloud 9 right now.... I'm curious how those of you would use your butler in your room??? And if you have hosted parties on the balcony?? I have lots of questions :D.... Thought this might be the right thread to discuss....

.... I sure hope that 8 people isn't going to be to tight, but I think the trade off for the balcony is going to just be awesome! We got an unbelievable price!

Hi- could you tell us what you paid for the first 2 people? Thanks!

Decks 8 9 10 have larger balconies and more suite benefits than 11 12 14?

Edited by marci22

Is there a minimum number of people required for the A1? Has anyone ever had trouble only booking 4 passengers in that room?

It is my understanding that you must have 5 people minimum for the 2 bedroom Aquatheater Suites (A1.A2,A3), at least thats how they used to catagorize the original ATS before dry dock.

The original ATS are the only ones that fit into the STAR class. Both the suite and balconies get smaller by about 100 sq ft for every deck higher. Deck 8 A1 larger than Deck 9 A2 etc.

I am not sure if they adjust moving forward but historically the A1 is the same price as an A2 and A3.

Is there a minimum number of people required for the A1? Has anyone ever had trouble only booking 4 passengers in that room?

Some dates allow you to book less than 5. I think one allowed me to book 3.

You should check each date that you are interested in.

Hi- could you tell us what you paid for the first 2 people? Thanks!

Decks 8 9 10 have larger balconies and more suite benefits than 11 12 14?

Actually I do not remember off hand how much we paid for first two people. For 8 of us with no discounts is $10671. What's really great is all we get with it now... By this sailing we will have 46 points... Not sure where that puts us for crown and anchor, but I think we can inquire about balcony discount...

All I know about the aquatheatre suites is if it is a 2 bedroom suite you are in star class...

Does any of this help?

We were told you had to have 5 booked.... If your considering... Snag it up and make up 5 people and try to get some people to come on the sailing with you... You can change names anytime and if you have to forgo it then you can cancel prior to final payment without penalty with full payment back...

We completely feel we have lucked out... It would be approximately $3600 for 8 of us to have the ultimate package for 7 days if we had bought. And if we all went out for dinner just for one night that would have easily been 400 plus dollars... So star class has some good perks!

For 8 people with no discounts, that is an amazing price.

Yea I would agree, granted you always benefit on these suites to book early and 2017 is for sure, but 10k for 8 people DANG! 1,250 a person I don't care where you are on the ship that's a good price.

Yea I would agree, granted you always benefit on these suites to book early and 2017 is for sure, but 10k for 8 people DANG! 1,250 a person I don't care where you are on the ship that's a good price.

I don't think I could come up with 6 more people that I would be comfortable with in close quarters for a week. ;)

Was easy for me to come up with 7..we are on the prowl for and 8th person :D! Its a bit far out for most peoples planning, but as we know farther out we book the better.. i have my 4 kids, significant other and girlfriend of one of the boys so dont have the awkwardness of others... however i would be one to book a suite like this and for fun find 7 gals that would like to go cruising :D! Could be fun!

Does anyone know.... i currently only have 14 points... ill have 46 by the time this cruise surfaces.... so ill call in to see what kind of dickunt i might get...does anyone have any ideas of what that migbt be?

Usually the C&A discounts pertain to balcony rooms and range from 50-250, I think depending on your C&A status at time of booking. What you need to be looking for are BOGO discounts or some other program that RCI rolls out. They vary and are not dependent on your C&A status. Its all about timing and they will adjust your rate if something comes along better, but what I have found is normally prices go up on ATS do to limited availability the closer you get to sailing.

Usually the C&A discounts pertain to balcony rooms and range from 50-250, I think depending on your C&A status at time of booking. What you need to be looking for are BOGO discounts or some other program that RCI rolls out. They vary and are not dependent on your C&A status. Its all about timing and they will adjust your rate if something comes along better, but what I have found is normally prices go up on ATS do to limited availability the closer you get to sailing.

Thanks for sharing... I thought if along the way your points went up you could get balcony discounts sill...hmmm

As of last night for a 2 bedroom aqua suite a2 on our jam 7,2017 sailing they had one left for $12526.24... With 8 people that's still only $1565 a piece... Still a great deal!

... I thought if along the way your points went up you could get balcony discounts sill...

You can get the balcony discount if your points go up and you become eligible. Unfortunately, Royal will now re-price the cruise to current rates if you ask them to add the balcony discount, so if prices on your cruise have gone up, it may not be worth it to add the discount.

You can get the balcony discount if your points go up and you become eligible. Unfortunately, Royal will now re-price the cruise to current rates if you ask them to add the balcony discount, so if prices on your cruise have gone up, it may not be worth it to add the discount.

I think their price would go up by a couple thousand when they reprice.

Edited by marci22

We've got a CLS and and OS booked. Thinking of booking a A 3/4 in the future. Why would you recommend booking an OS instead?

We sailed aIn an A3 and we're not impressed at all. Yes it has a large balcony but 90% of it is wasted space

We're balcony people spending hours every day on our balcony. Why is the space wasted?

My DH wanted more of the luxury of an OS but I wanted the balcony... I am with you, I love time on the balcony and ANY of the ATS you have the option to watch the ocean or get a get some time watching people on the rock climbing wall, just people watching and the bonus of great seats for the Aqua Theater performances...

We sailed aIn an A3 and we're not impressed at all. Yes it has a large balcony but 90% of it is wasted space

To each his own...we had an A2 and loved every inch of that fabulous balcony!

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk