Palma de Mallorca on the Allure - shuttles?

I wasn't sure from this post if the shuttle was 5 euro one way but after reading your excellent review I see it is 5 euro return. That's an excellent deal considering the local bus 1 is actually 3 euro one way (unlike other local buses). In addition I assume the shuttle doesn't stop frequently on the way.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks! BTW the shuttle was 3 Euro for the crew! Yes, the 5 Euro are back and forth, not one way. Therefore I think it´s a good deal. I would have taken it if I hadn´t been picked up by my SIL.

steamboats

I think that the round trip shuttle for 5 Euro was a real bargain. Well organized. The Allure was docked very far from town. The shuttle left us near the Cathedral, was running continuously and the last one was at 2.30PM. It is an easy walk to the center.

We also walked back to the shuttle.

I think that the round trip shuttle for 5 Euro was a real bargain. Well organized. The Allure was docked very far from town. The shuttle left us near the Cathedral, was running continuously and the last one was at 2.30PM. It is an easy walk to the center.

We also walked back to the shuttle.

Just to clarify, did you mean that the last shuttle back to the ship was at 2:30? If so, would you happen to know how busy/crowded the shuttle got? I'm planning my activities and trying to figure out if its better to plan on getting the "next to last" shuttle back to the ship in case they get filled.

Edited by katsmom1

Pls. see answers in red -

Are there set times to come back on the shuttle or does it run pretty continuously when full?! It runs pretty continuously when full, the last one at 14.30. We waited in the sun for about 10 min to get on the bus. Again I'm presuming the cathedral is pretty central in Palma?! Correct

The 5 euro return fare is excellent.

While most lines in Palma are just 1.50, the line 1 actually is 3 euro each way according the local bus website.

http://www.emtpalma.es/EMTPalma/Front/tarifas.en.svr

DIQUE DEL OESTE (P181) is actually being used by many ships this season and this shuttle sounds very necessary.

http://www.portsdebalears.com/211.php3?idioma=esp&puerto=4&diainicio=02&mesinicio=06&anyoinicio=2015&diafin=27&mesfin=10&anyofin=2015&orden=nom_buc

While Anthem will dock at the same position as Allure, Explorer docks elsewhere.

3 of the 4 Explorer calls are actually at MUELLES COMERCIALES (P085) though and they most likely have a shuttle as well.

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS

(FR) 14/08/2015 07:00 14/08/2015 16:00 MUELLES COMERCIALES (P085)

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS

(ES) 12/06/2015 12:40 13/06/2015 00:30 PONIENTE/PERAIRES (P140)

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS

(ES) 04/08/2015 13:00 05/08/2015 01:00 MUELLES COMERCIALES (P085)

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS

(ES) 07/07/2015 13:00 08/07/2015 01:00 MUELLES COMERCIALES (P085)

MADflyer,

Yes, the airport line No. 1 is usually more than 1.50 Euro but from port to downtown the drivers usually charge only the 1.50 Euro fare.

Anyway 5 Euro is a good deal regarding the fact that you don´t have to walk to the port entrance. And the public bus takes you to Placy Espanya (train station) from where you have to walk to the cathedral too.

steamboats

MADflyer,

Yes, the airport line No. 1 is usually more than 1.50 Euro but from port to downtown the drivers usually charge only the 1.50 Euro fare.

Anyway 5 Euro is a good deal regarding the fact that you don´t have to walk to the port entrance. And the public bus takes you to Placy Espanya (train station) from where you have to walk to the cathedral too.

steamboats

I had taken the bus 1 many times, but had not remembered paying the 3 euro, but just noticed that on the website now and was not sure if this was a change.

I actually see the 5 euro shuttle as an upgrade and enhancement as sometimes that bus 1 got quite crowed and takes one out of the way and has numerous stops.

I had taken the bus 1 many times, but had not remembered paying the 3 euro, but just noticed that on the website now and was not sure if this was a change.

I actually see the 5 euro shuttle as an upgrade and enhancement as sometimes that bus 1 got quite crowed and takes one out of the way and has numerous stops.

If i take the shuttle bus to the Marina, would I need the HOHO bus, or is everything within walking distance please?

If i take the shuttle bus to the Marina, would I need the HOHO bus, or is everything within walking distance please?

I am actually surprised that the HOHO company has not extended the route with the number of ships now docking at the other terminal.

The city stops are not that far apart. I find Palma very manageable.

http://www.city-sightseeing.com/documents/tours/438.pdf

I am the wrong person to answer this though as I never choose HOHO and use the normal transit system in most cities I visit.

The Spanish tourism website is quite good for planning and palma has a website with suggested walks.

http://www.seemallorca.com/walks/

http://www.spain.info/en_US/que-quieres/ciudades-pueblos/grandes-ciudades/palma.html

came off the Allure on Sunday, at Palma, RC lay on shuttle buses for 5 euro round trip. easy to get on as they direct you as you come off the ship & you pay cash at a desk before you get on. the bus stops right by the cathedral & you just hop back on when you want to return.

the info you get teh night before details the bus & cost for each port you visit. - (apart from Naples as you are in the center anyway)

came off the Allure on Sunday, at Palma, RC lay on shuttle buses for 5 euro round trip. easy to get on as they direct you as you come off the ship & you pay cash at a desk before you get on. the bus stops right by the cathedral & you just hop back on when you want to return.

the info you get teh night before details the bus & cost for each port you visit. - (apart from Naples as you are in the center anyway)

Thanks for the info.

We just got off of the Allure last Thursday and when we stopped in Palma we took the shuttle from the dock 5Euro round trip per person. It is a large air-conditioned motor coach that drops you off in the center of town right close to the Cathederal. There were lots of coaches to take you there and back with no waiting. If you wanted to go to the beach you could take a bus from the center of town. There is also an information booth close to the church as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks again, everyone, for the replies - this is most helpful! We were going to do a bike tour of the city, and lucky for us - it's only a couple minutes' walk from the Cathedral.

Does anyone remember/know how long it takes (roughly) to get there on the RC shuttle? I know sometimes those shuttles are like cat herding and it a 10-minute drive turns into a 45-minute trip. I just want to make sure we give ourselves enough time to walk to the bike tour shop.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks again, everyone, for the replies - this is most helpful! We were going to do a bike tour of the city, and lucky for us - it's only a couple minutes' walk from the Cathedral.

Does anyone remember/know how long it takes (roughly) to get there on the RC shuttle? I know sometimes those shuttles are like cat herding and it a 10-minute drive turns into a 45-minute trip. I just want to make sure we give ourselves enough time to walk to the bike tour shop.

Thanks!

we were on the first one and sat there for what seemed like 20+ minutes waiting on it to fill up. some people were getting pretty angry about it (between having to pay for the shuttle from what seemed like the middle of nowhere and having to wait on slow people getting off the ship). it was about 10-15minutes to the center of town. that pier is quite a ways out there.

we were on the first one and sat there for what seemed like 20+ minutes waiting on it to fill up. some people were getting pretty angry about it (between having to pay for the shuttle from what seemed like the middle of nowhere and having to wait on slow people getting off the ship). it was about 10-15minutes to the center of town. that pier is quite a ways out there.

Great thread. Thanks for all the helpful information. But would like to know how far the taxi stop is from the ship?