Amtrak Vancouver to Seattle

Fisherwoman

The Cascades has a Bistro car - a few seats if you don't want to bring food back to your regular seat, plus a modest range of hot and cold options. Oatmeal and breakfast sandwiches are available on the morning train, and the coffee's not bad.

I want to say it's about $5 for the sandwiches, a little under $4 for oatmeal, and $2.50ish for coffee but it's been a while since we bought anything. You can pay in Canadian at (IME) a fair exchange rate - at times I've deliberately chosen to pay with CAN$ because the rate has been better than the bank rates (similar to cruise lines, Amtrak seems to set rates and keep them for a period regardless of what the currency rates do).

Personally I would actually recommend getting breakfast in the A&W at the station, or Timmies across the road, after checking in but before going through US immigration - since you have to be there an hour before the train you will have time to kill. The breakfast options on board aren't bad, but they are about 50% more expensive than fastfood and not really any better.

Edit - I forgot they actually had prices on the website, thanks GL! Glad to see my memory wasn't far off the actual rates.

Edited by martincath

the oatmeal is actually pretty good and I find the prices reasonalbe. There isn't a bunch walkable near the station so I'd just buy food on the train. Since your not supposed to bring meats into the US from Canada its always iffy to bring 'outside' food thru immigration.