LUMINAE - Is breakfast, lunch and dinner now being served everyday as promised by X?

jenniebnyc

On our recent Solstice Alaska sailing, brunch was served on sea days. I think the logic was people might tend to sleep in and it did offer a change in menu selection. As I was one of the "sleep inners" it worked for us and must confess I didn't hear any complaints. Perhaps if someone wanted an early breakfast, the ordered room service for their suite.

I think we need Celebrity to chime in here. There was nothing mentioned about implementing this in segments. It was stated that all ships would institute BLD on the cruise following their official statement.

ugh

On our recent Solstice Alaska sailing, brunch was served on sea days. I think the logic was people might tend to sleep in and it did offer a change in menu selection. As I was one of the "sleep inners" it worked for us and must confess I didn't hear any complaints. Perhaps if someone wanted an early breakfast, the ordered room service for their suite.

This is nonsense. Celebrity made a promise they are not upholding once again. I want the ability to eat THREE meals a day in LUMINAE. If I want breakfast at 9:30am; lunch at 1pm; and dinner at 8:30pm, it should be available to me as promised...twice now.

I was on Constellation 2 weeks ago and 3 meals a day were served apart from sea days when it was brunch and evening meal.

Lunch was served on embarkation day and breakfast was served on debarkation day so no complaints from me !!!:):):)

Janette

As I said on the other thread on Infinity on two days only they serve brunch starting later and not a separate breakfast and lunch and it is no big deal, there are lots of other options if you have to have breakfast earlier

Secondly, I would expect Celebrity to re evaluate this commitment as you can do with any product offering - and is permissible in the contract terms. The level of demand on port days was so low and the impact on staffing so high, I would not be surprised if suite guests will soon be offered Bistro on Five free of charge on port days, particularly given its nice expanded menu.

In the meantime, having eaten in Luminae for 12 days I know going there three times a day every day would send my guts into meltdown

I was on Constellation 2 weeks ago and 3 meals a day were served apart from sea days when it was brunch and evening meal.

Lunch was served on embarkation day and breakfast was served on debarkation day so no complaints from me !!!:):):)

Janette

That's great that you liked it, BUT that is not what Celebrity promised. My upcoming cruise is mostly sea days and I DO NOT WANT BRUNCH more than once during my 7 day stay. This is total BS. Where do I go at 9:30 when I want breakfast when I was promised 3 meals a day in Luminae??? We were promised B,L,D. Seriously, *** Celebrity???

This is nonsense. Celebrity made a promise they are not upholding once again. I want the ability to eat THREE meals a day in LUMINAE. If I want breakfast at 9:30am; lunch at 1pm; and dinner at 8:30pm, it should be available to me as promised...twice now.

I want doesn't always get, breakfast closes at 9. They do have the chefs schedules to think about including well deserved time off and prep for dinner, prep which is time consuming considering one person does all the breakfast pastries, lunch and dinner desserts

I want doesn't always get, breakfast closes at 9. They do have the chefs schedules to think about including well deserved time off and prep for dinner, prep which is time consuming considering one person does all the breakfast pastries, lunch and dinner desserts

Frankly, their prep time is not my problem. They need to figure this out. How in the world can breakfast close at 9am???? Once again, I am canceling my cruise if this is true. I cannot take this one more minute.

I think an occasional brunch would be a nice change of pace. If we ate 3 meals a day, every or even most days, we would have to pack a toga to travel home in.

I might agree with you, but that is not the point. Celebrity clearly restated that you will get 3 meals a day...not 2, on every day of your cruise. Not sure why there is any confusion about this. It really is ridiculous.

I think we need Celebrity to chime in here. There was nothing mentioned about implementing this in segments. It was stated that all ships would institute BLD on the cruise following their official statement.

ugh

The X official already chimed in here and told you what they heard from Miami.

However, they have absolutely no control over what happens on the individual ships.

As a wise person once said, "the needs of the many outweigh they needs of the few, or the one". I am sure that decisions made on board each ship regarding how many meals are served daily in Luminae are driven by that rationale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celebrity Cruises View Post

Hi all,

We are excited about launching Luminae for our Suite Class guests. Luminae is now 100% operational across the Celebrity fleet. Beginning with each ship's next sailing, we will welcome our Suite Class guests for three meals a day, beginning with lunch on embarkation day.

The X official already chimed in here and told you what they heard from Miami.

However, they have absolutely no control over what happens on the individual ships.

As a wise person once said, "the needs of the many outweigh they needs of the few, or the one". I am sure that decisions made on board each ship regarding how many meals are served daily in Luminae are driven by that rationale.

So, why in the world would they say it then if they have no control? And what does that even mean??

Quote:

Hi all,

We are excited about launching Luminae for our Suite Class guests. Luminae is now 100% operational across the Celebrity fleet. Beginning with each ship's next sailing, we will welcome our Suite Class guests for three meals a day, beginning with lunch on embarkation day.

Frankly, their prep time is not my problem. They need to figure this out. How in the world can breakfast close at 9am???? Once again, I am canceling my cruise if this is true. I cannot take this one more minute.

You should probably cancel your cruise if you are getting so worked up over this. A cruise is meant to be a relaxing experience.

For your information, neither Luminae nor Blu nor the MDR would be available for breakfast at 9:30. They only serve breakfast at certain hours. Your options would be the buffet or room service.

You should probably cancel your cruise if you are getting so worked up over this. A cruise is meant to be a relaxing experience.

For your information, neither Luminae nor Blu nor the MDR would be available for breakfast at 9:30. They only serve breakfast at certain hours. Your options would be the buffet or room service.

I recall MANY people being worked up about this about a month ago. To the point lawsuits were being talked about. Not sure why everyone has a different tone now.

A promise is a promise. And previous posts have noted Luminae being open later than 9am for breakfast, so your information does not seem to be true or accurate in all instances.

I have noticed posts from you in the past and most are not positive either...just sayin'.

So, why in the world would they say it then if they have no control? And what does that even mean??

Quote:

Hi all,

It means exactly what I posted, the X official relayed the message from Miami. Please re-read the statement. Luminae is operational across the fleet. They welcome suite guests for three meals a day. NO WHERE is it stated that all 3 meals would be offered to suite guests in Luminae specifically, though that inference is being made.

It means exactly what I posted, the X official relayed the message from Miami. Please re-read the statement. Luminae is operational across the fleet. They welcome suite guests for three meals a day. NO WHERE is it stated that all 3 meals would be offered to suite guests in Luminae specifically, though that inference is being made.

It was clarified by Celebrity in a subsequent email that all meals would be in Luminae, including the embarkation lunch. So, please stop with the nonsense.

Edited by jenniebnyc

Have you tried communicating directly with Celebrity Corporate (rather than this indirect method, which is dependent on their spokesperson happening to see your thread). I would suggest a registered letter, signature required.

If I don't get a response in 24 hours, then I will do just that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Did you pay $10,000.00 for a suite bc of the new suite dining room that promised, in advterising and then on this board, 3 meals a day? Well, I did. I am not happy to hear anything different about it. And I will remain as excited as I want until I get answer as to why Celebrity went back on their word again. This is now the 2nd time regarding the same issue.

Yes, we have spent a great deal of money on our past, and future suites. But no, I would never book a suite for any amount of money based solely on my dining venue.

Yes, we have spent a great deal of money on our past, and future suites. But no, I would never book a suite for any amount of money based solely on my dining venue.

well, we did. as did many others who posted when this was brought up a few months ago. false advertising and then more false promises on this board directly from Celebrity. not sure why you are all sticking up for them when this is definitely a concern to some. i paid for 3 meals a day in Luminae...not 2.