Beverage Cards and Happy Hour?

SilvertoGold

One short question:

We'll be buying some Beverage Cards (pay $100, get $100 worth). We used to be able to use them at Happy Hour, no problem.

Is this still the case? On some ships, not others?

Thanks a lot!

It sounds like it is the regular beverage card that you pay for, correct?

Yes, you can certainly use them at happy hour.

The restrictions apply to the other drink deals like signature beverage cards, etc. I believe.

Never have had a problem using them:)

Kazu!

That's it! Thanks for the info.

With HAL seemingly changing on a daily basis, you never know!

my pleasure.

Just used them on the Westerdam (got off May 1st) and previous to that the Maasdam and Prinsendam all just over the past year.

the beverage cards are good for anything - even a bottle of wine if you are so inclined. The only thing you can't charge to them is corkage (or at least I couldn't)

can you use beverage cards in the MDR and Lido? Or do you need to go to a bar? I am thinking of cocktails or beer with lunch/dinner. Thanks

Absolutely. My husband used his "magic drink card" everywhere on the ship -- bars, Lido waiters, main dining room, Explorations Cafe; never had a problem using it.

A caution to the OP though, if you order your first drink at the bar, it messes things up for the Happy Hour drinks if you then order the next one from a waiter. DH had a problem with that when we met my parents for drinks in the bar one evening. We ordered our first drinks at the bar and then moved to a table. Our second drinks were considered a "new" purchase and not eligible for the Happy Hour 2-for1 discount. (Eventually we got it worked out, but it was complicated.)

can you use beverage cards in the MDR and Lido? Or do you need to go to a bar? I am thinking of cocktails or beer with lunch/dinner. Thanks

the only place you can't use the card is at the gangway when you are getting off in port and they have the water for sale. They don't have the machine so it is charged to your account. Otherwise you can use them everywhere :)

Did you mention it when you bought the coffee?

HAL's computers don't work with the 3/4/5 star discount and the Bev Card. Never have.

Just pay for the Explorations's Cafe items with your cabin card and you you get the discount automatically on the receipt.

Edited by SilvertoGold

One short question:

We'll be buying some Beverage Cards (pay $100, get $100 worth). We used to be able to use them at Happy Hour, no problem.

Is this still the case? On some ships, not others?

Thanks a lot!

Pay $90 for the $100 card or $45 for the $90.

Is this what you meant or is there another card out there that I don't know about? (I'm just trying to make sure I'm prepared.)

Pay $90 for the $100 card or $45 for the $90.

Is this what you meant or is there another card out there that I don't know about? (I'm just trying to make sure I'm prepared.)

There used to be a discount for buying beverage cards in advance. Sadly, that stopped years ago. It's really a matter of convenience nowadays. I think that you're up to speed on what's available. :)

I guess I won't be reading shipcruise dot org anymore. That's what it shows in a April 2015 article. I trust you more, POA1, since you're one of my favorite HAL experts.

So, no alcohol discount cards? I'm not interested in the all u can drink deal or the wine packages. I can still get my rum & coke in the room, right? If so, do u got a link or pic for pricing? Still don't have my tequila, do they?