Liberty 5/31/15 Southern Caribbean Review

wbrownmtsu

Embarkation: The reason why I purchased faster to the fun was to get off the ship as soon as possible and to avoid the masses. It worked.

We received a letter for those who would be doing self-assist with faster to the fun and were told to meet in one of the dining rooms at 6:45 am. We got there about 6:40 and were the only ones there but after about 10 minutes, several others showed up and we were immediately led to an elevator that went to deck 0 (not deck 3 which we used to board at the beginning of the cruise).

We rolled through customs and were out the door in a matter of about a minute. Easiest process ever. We went to the taxi area and a couple asked if we wanted to share a taxi with them to save money. The cost back for me was $11 plus a dollar per bag and a tip. The couple paid $10 plus dollar per bag. The ride was quick and we got to the airport before 7:30.

We went through the USDA checkpoint and then proceeded to the Southwest check in counter where we soon discovered that we couldn’t check in more than 4 hours before our flight. This gave us time to eat breakfast so it was an ok wait. Right at the 4 hour mark, we checked in, went through security, and made our way to our gate. We did lounge around for a while but the wait wasn’t that bad.

Our flight was to Orlando with an hour in between before heading back to Nashville. Everything went according to schedule…I just love Southwest. We were back home by 8:00 that night.

Great pics! Enjoying the review.

Thanks for reading along!

All pics were taken with my handy I-phone 6 plus. I find they usually turn out pretty good and since I'm no professional photographer...I'll take what I can get.

Final Thoughts: We absolutely loved this itinerary!!! You just can’t beat that many islands in such a short period of time. I feel like we got to see everything we wanted but I wouldn’t hesitate to go back on this same trip again and try new things.

The Liberty is wonderful and I would love to try the Vista to say I’ve sailed a small, medium, and large Carnival ship. I loved the upgrades but I actually missed the chicken tenders and nachos and cheese from the lido buffet found on the fantasy class ships.

The kids want to do Alaska next. We’ll see…I’ll have to save my pennies up for that trek. I'm pretty loyal to Carnival mainly because they are usually cheaper than NCL and RCCL and deliver a pretty similar product. I know I'll probably have to venture out to another line to go to Alaska. Lane wants to go to Sitka after seeing the movie "The Proposal" and I don't think Carnival goes there.

That’s it! Thanks for reading my (first) ever review. I want to thank any of you who have taken the time to write a review in the past. I am a lurker on Cruise Critic and rarely post anything but I read lots of your reviews and that's what helps those of us who are huge planners with what to expect. Until next time...

Final Thoughts: We absolutely loved this itinerary!!! You just can’t beat that many islands in such a short period of time. I feel like we got to see everything we wanted but I wouldn’t hesitate to go back on this same trip again and try new things.

The Liberty is wonderful and I would love to try the Vista to say I’ve sailed a small, medium, and large Carnival ship. I loved the upgrades but I actually missed the chicken tenders and nachos and cheese from the lido buffet found on the fantasy class ships.

The kids want to do Alaska next. We’ll see…I’ll have to save my pennies up for that trek. I'm pretty loyal to Carnival mainly because they are usually cheaper than NCL and RCCL and deliver a pretty similar product. I know I'll probably have to venture out to another line to go to Alaska. Lane wants to go to Sitka after seeing the movie "The Proposal" and I don't think Carnival goes there.

That’s it! Thanks for reading my (first) ever review. I want to thank any of you who have taken the time to write a review in the past. I am a lurker on Cruise Critic and rarely post anything but I read lots of your reviews and that's what helps those of us who are huge planners with what to expect. Until next time...

Thanks for your review! I'm planning for my January cruise and all the suggestions for what to do in port really help!

We took this cruise in early May. FANTASTIC itinerary. Agree with your comments about Thenford Grey. Very nice gentleman. He made a stop at his house to pick up a little step because we had an older lady who had trouble getting into his vehicle.

We took this cruise in early May. FANTASTIC itinerary. Agree with your comments about Thenford Grey. Very nice gentleman. He made a stop at his house to pick up a little step because we had an older lady who had trouble getting into his vehicle.

He was so nice and I can see him stopping at his house to help someone out. We went through his old neighborhood and he pointed out where they used to play cricket (I think that's the big sport there).

I just finished up with your Liberty review and really enjoyed it. We did the same itinerary in May 2013 on Valor but we did get the opportunity to cruise on Liberty last year and really liked her. Glory was our first cruise on a Conquest class ship, like Liberty and Valor, and we got "lost" several times and finally figured our way around toward the end of the cruise.

The southern itinerary out of San Juan is also our favorite. I love that there are five islands since we prefer port heavy itineraries and the scenery of the islands is gorgeous. We will definitely be doing this itinerary again, and as you mentioned, there is always so much more to see and do. I love reading reviews and always get ideas of things to do that we may not have even known about. Thank you for taking the time to do a review...I love reliving cruises we've been on but also like a different perspective for possible ideas.

I enjoyed your review! We are going on a cruise with some similar ports in the fall and we have already booked Cosol. MTSU is in your screen name and I see you're in TN, so we are practically neighbors!!! :)

I just finished up with your Liberty review and really enjoyed it. We did the same itinerary in May 2013 on Valor but we did get the opportunity to cruise on Liberty last year and really liked her. Glory was our first cruise on a Conquest class ship, like Liberty and Valor, and we got "lost" several times and finally figured our way around toward the end of the cruise.

The southern itinerary out of San Juan is also our favorite. I love that there are five islands since we prefer port heavy itineraries and the scenery of the islands is gorgeous. We will definitely be doing this itinerary again, and as you mentioned, there is always so much more to see and do. I love reading reviews and always get ideas of things to do that we may not have even known about. Thank you for taking the time to do a review...I love reliving cruises we've been on but also like a different perspective for possible ideas.

Thanks for reading!!! Yours was the review that got me started looking at this itinerary and the reason why we picked Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas. Thank you for doing such an awesome job of your review!!

I enjoyed your review! We are going on a cruise with some similar ports in the fall and we have already booked Cosol. MTSU is in your screen name and I see you're in TN, so we are practically neighbors!!! :)

You will love Cosol...that was probably our favorite day of all the ports.

I am going on my 20th year at MTSU. I work in Human Resources. Love it there!

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for reading!!! Yours was the review that got me started looking at this itinerary and the reason why we picked Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas. Thank you for doing such an awesome job of your review!!

Thank you! :) What is really funny and such a coincidence was that it was a review that turned me onto this itinerary...Dirkgun's Victory review, which was a very similar itinerary. At that time the difference was that they went to Dominica instead of a sea day (there were no sea days then). Victory did this itinerary until Valor took it over in February 2012 and now Liberty's doing it. Hey, maybe someone reading your review will get them to consider this itinerary. :) I'm so glad that my review helped with your decision and so glad you also got to Sapphire Beach. We loved it there. We actually did a very similar itinerary out of San Juan for our honeymoon (and first) cruise but I had a film camera and didn't get too many pictures so I'd forgotten how pretty the scenery was.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Thank you! :) What is really funny and such a coincidence was that it was a review that turned me onto this itinerary...Dirkgun's Victory review, which was a very similar itinerary. At that time the difference was that they went to Dominica instead of a sea day (there were no sea days then). Victory did this itinerary until Valor took it over in February 2012 and now Liberty's doing it. Hey, maybe someone reading your review will get them to consider this itinerary. :) I'm so glad that my review helped with your decision and so glad you also got to Sapphire Beach. We loved it there. We actually did a very similar itinerary out of San Juan for our honeymoon (and first) cruise but I had a film camera and didn't get too many pictures so I'd forgotten how pretty the scenery was.

Oops, I meant Valor started this itinerary in February 2013, not 2012. :o

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Great review! You got on just as we were getting off. Thanks for taking the time to do such a great review! I'm doing one now too and they are so time consuming!

Awesome review ms brown. looking forward to yours as well trip. we are doing this cruise in september and reading reviews and looking at great pictures makes it feel closer.

Again, Thank you!!!

Awesome review ms brown. looking forward to yours as well trip. we are doing this cruise in september and reading reviews and looking at great pictures makes it feel closer.

Again, Thank you!!!

We are so ready to go back. I wish I was there right now! Have an awesome cruise!!

Had to post and say thanks for such a concise review! I don't read many reviews anymore, especially since I've done this itinerary twice already. But this made me very excited for my sailing on Liberty this November! Glad to hear the ship and service were so good. We also have contacted Cosol to see about a tour in St Lucia, I was surprised at how much you did for $75!