"Adults only" Sandbar Island Excursion at Labadee...do they reslly not allow children

jakenashleysmom

There was seagrass, but you had to go out pretty far from the sand bar. I could see how this sand bar could only be visible during a low tide, but it was quite sandy and clear all around it.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
Ok, didn't ask for opinions, just the facts. I have been on this excursion and I can tell you I wouldn't have wanted a 2,3,4,5,6 year old along when it is clearly listed as adults only. It is a half day cruise out to a sand bar and was one of the best excursions I have ever been on. I wasn't planning on sneaking any babies aboard, and to be honest if you are expecting a quiet grown-up day you may be unpleasantly surprised on the ride back to the ship!. It was more like a spring break booze cruise than anything.

I guess my question has been answered...sort of. The teens in question are 16 and 18 so I suppose one of them is considered an adult. We will probably go with our original plan of leaving the kids on the ship for the afternoon. I have been in the "adults only" solarium on many occasions, and have seen little kids...like 4-5 years old inside napping away on a lounger when I am without a seat or splashing their feet in the pool only to have my teens turned away because they are 6 months away from the cut-off. I would be very angry if I sent my kids back to the ship only to find other teens on the excursion, hence my curiosity.

Ditto!

Is there anyone else out there that has a hard time reading green font on a smartphone?

Truthfully, I don't even try anymore and that is a shame. Red looks so much better. But maybe it's just me

Me. I can't read the bright green well at all. The olive is ok though

If I booked this excursion and there was a teen on it I would be demanding a refund!!!! People always think their kid is ok to be an exception to the rule but what about those who just want to be in an adult only environment ! A teen is not an adult!

adult only is exactly that, makes no difference whether you want to bring a 6 year old or a 16 year old.

not that I would ever do this excursion( holds less than zero interest for us) but if I ever booked any excursion that was listed/marketed as adult only or had any sort of age limits, and someone bullied(politely or otherwise) their way into bringing an underaged participant, I'd be throwing a fit quietly with first the person from the ship organizing the tour and then with Guest services if they did not refuse participation to the ineligible person.

I have been in the "adults only" solarium on many occasions, and have seen little kids...like 4-5 years old inside napping away on a lounger when I am without a seat or splashing their feet in the pool only to have my teens turned away because they are 6 months away from the cut-off. I would be very angry if I sent my kids back to the ship only to find other teens on the excursion, hence my curiosity.

jakenashleysmom I agree with your very important point. It's one thing to make a decision based on what's listed, and something different to get there and find out "oh that, we weren't serious about that".

Why should customers defend the cruise lines policies more vehemently than do the cruise lines. Given the track record of the cruise lines enforcing: dress code, chair saving, bringing on alcohol, age limits in certain areas, etc. I don't blame anyone for asking anything.

Not for nothing, but listed on the family friendly version the child's price is $39.95, on the adult version there is a child's price of $49.95...😕. That said, the restrictions listed are "minimim age 21 years". Pretty clear.

Another fine question.... Why does it list a children price?

Why should customers defend the cruise lines policies more vehemently than do the cruise lines. Given the track record of the cruise lines enforcing: dress code, chair saving, bringing on alcohol, age limits in certain areas, etc. I don't blame anyone for asking anything.

I didn't read it as defending the policy. More like expressing disappointment when the cruise doesn't follow it's own policy.

Another fine question.... Why does it list a children price?

They list child rates for cabanas and beach beds in Labadee too but it's not about policy as much as bad webdesign.

:):):)More entertainment for me tonight..who is digging up these old threads,

Anyway, this reminds me when after college a GF and I went to Europe for 6 weeks with a tour company that advertised everyone would be under 30.....

......we'll we could accept a couple of single guys 31 and a single woman 32, but the GM, M and her 6 year old son were just to much....:D

Edited by land lover

If I booked this excursion and there was a teen on it I would be demanding a refund!!!! People always think their kid is ok to be an exception to the rule but what about those who just want to be in an adult only environment ! A teen is not an adult!

I was 19 when I was shipped off for Desert Storm. I'm glad I wasn't around to ruin your 'adult only' excursion. Please don't be offended, I'm just poking fun at you.

Someone mentioned that the adults only excursion was 21 and older. I do have a problem with that.

I also don't have a problem with the OP asking the question since RC (and other lines) don't consistently enforce policies as stated. A recently example is the solarium. Is it adults only or 16+? It depends on who you ask, but I think they're trying to make it 18+.

Ok, didn't ask for opinions, just the facts. I have been on this excursion and I can tell you I wouldn't have wanted a 2,3,4,5,6 year old along when it is clearly listed as adults only. It is a half day cruise out to a sand bar and was one of the best excursions I have ever been on. I wasn't planning on sneaking any babies aboard, and to be honest if you are expecting a quiet grown-up day you may be unpleasantly surprised on the ride back to the ship!. It was more like a spring break booze cruise than anything.

I guess my question has been answered...sort of. The teens in question are 16 and 18 so I suppose one of them is considered an adult. We will probably go with our original plan of leaving the kids on the ship for the afternoon. I have been in the "adults only" solarium on many occasions, and have seen little kids...like 4-5 years old inside napping away on a lounger when I am without a seat or splashing their feet in the pool only to have my teens turned away because they are 6 months away from the cut-off. I would be very angry if I sent my kids back to the ship only to find other teens on the excursion, hence my curiosity.

Just a note: The Solarium on RCI ships is NOT "Adults Only". It is 16 and older. So teens are permitted.

I didn't read it as defending the policy. More like expressing disappointment when the cruise doesn't follow it's own policy.

They list child rates for cabanas and beach beds in Labadee too but it's not about policy as much as bad webdesign.

Big_G I think you are being kind. "Bad" webdesign is a purple and yellow color scheme and using a hard to read font. This is either silly or stupid.

I was 19 when I was shipped off for Desert Storm. I'm glad I wasn't around to ruin your 'adult only' excursion. Please don't be offended, I'm just poking fun at you.

Someone mentioned that the adults only excursion was 21 and older. I do have a problem with that.

I also don't have a problem with the OP asking the question since RC (and other lines) don't consistently enforce policies as stated. A recently example is the solarium. Is it adults only or 16+? It depends on who you ask, but I think they're trying to make it 18+.

Wow I'm not offended much at all! I'm from Australia so for me if you are of drinking age or voting age then fine and in Australia that is 18. I'm very proud and thankful of all those in the Australian Defence forces - we certainly wouldn't send anyone off to war if they weren't of drinking or voting age but hey I'm an Australian so I don't want to get involved in American politics. My only concern with commenting in this thread was to not have to hang out with teenage kids on an adult only island!