"Adults only" Sandbar Island Excursion at Labadee...do they reslly not allow children

jakenashleysmom

I won't say which camp I am from; the "teens shouldn't be allowed what part of adult don't you understand" camp, or the "they are my kids I don't care if they see drunk people partying" camp. My question is has anyone ever brought teens on this excursion?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

It's not what the teens/children will see or hear. It's the adults want to get away from teens/children and we don't want them there.

Someone tried bringing a teen and they got turned away and the adults bringing them got turned away as well.

The sign does say "Adults Only".

It's not what the teens/children will see or hear. It's the adults want to get away from teens/children and we don't want them there.

Someone tried bringing a teen and they got turned away and the adults bringing them got turned away as well.

The sign does say "Adults Only".

I think this is what is missed most by people when it is listed as "adults only"

Everyone always seems to think its about what happens on/at a tour/event. That is hardly ever the case as nothing different is happening that a kid couldn't see on the ship. Sometimes people just want adult time away from kids. I believe that should be respected if its listed as adults only. Plenty of family activities for everyone to enjoy so there is no reason to try and sneak, bend the rules, or get one over on someone to get into an adults only event.

Wow.

I didn't know about that excursion and we are at Labadee several times a year.

SausPud: tell us about your experience there. I might be willing to forego "Barefoot Beach" for a no-child experience when we are at Labadee in a few weeks.

Thanks.

Edited by beachnative

I won't say which camp I am from; the "teens shouldn't be allowed what part of adult don't you understand" camp, or the "they are my kids I don't care if they see drunk people partying" camp. My question is has anyone ever brought teens on this excursion?

The Adults Only excursion that you asked about sounded interesting therefore I signed in and looked at it.

There are TWO excursions to a sandbar island…one for "Adults Only" and one that is described as "family friendly".

With that said…I would have an extremely LOW opinion of anyone so inconsiderate or clueless as to book the "Adults Only" one and try and take kids…especially when the company offers a "family friendly" one.:eek:

After reading the reviews I've decided to spend my day on "Barefoot Beach".

Edited by beachnative

I laughed, enjoyed, and fully understand the way you asked the question! Clearly you have been reading many posts here! Now off to read your answers in case I ever want to try this excursion in the future.

PS, I also learned that there is a Youngstown in NY. I hope your intended question gets answered without too many sidetracks.

Edited by BillOh

The Adults Only excursion that you asked about sounded interesting therefore I signed in and looked at it.

There are TWO excursions to a sandbar island…one for "Adults Only" and one that is described as "family friendly".

With that said…I would have an extremely LOW opinion of anyone so inconsiderate or clueless as to book the "Adults Only" one and try and take kids…especially when the company offers a "family friendly" one.:eek:

After reading the reviews I've decided to spend my day on "Barefoot Beach".

I'm glad you posted. Its too late, I'm just back from Labadee, but I'll take a look at the official description online for next time. Had a nice day at Nellies last month.

Wow.

I didn't know about that excursion and we are at Labadee several times a year.

SausPud: tell us about your experience there. I might be willing to forego "Barefoot Beach" for a no-child experience when we are at Labadee in a few weeks.

Thanks.

Me too, I'd like to hear. I will add that a no child experience doesn't mean you are a child hater and should avoid the "family oriented cruise line" One thing I like about the bigger ships is their are places for both people and and they can mingle or not mingle at their choosing. We spent time in the solarium and then walk through the H20 zone to enjoy seeing people having a good time with their kids.

Ok, didn't ask for opinions, just the facts. I have been on this excursion and I can tell you I wouldn't have wanted a 2,3,4,5,6 year old along when it is clearly listed as adults only. It is a half day cruise out to a sand bar and was one of the best excursions I have ever been on. I wasn't planning on sneaking any babies aboard, and to be honest if you are expecting a quiet grown-up day you may be unpleasantly surprised on the ride back to the ship!😁. It was more like a spring break booze cruise than anything.

I guess my question has been answered...sort of. The teens in question are 16 and 18 so I suppose one of them is considered an adult. We will probably go with our original plan of leaving the kids on the ship for the afternoon. I have been in the "adults only" solarium on many occasions, and have seen little kids...like 4-5 years old inside napping away on a lounger when I am without a seat or splashing their feet in the pool only to have my teens turned away because they are 6 months away from the cut-off. I would be very angry if I sent my kids back to the ship only to find other teens on the excursion, hence my curiosity.

Not for nothing, but listed on the family friendly version the child's price is $39.95, on the adult version there is a child's price of $49.95...😕. That said, the restrictions listed are "minimim age 21 years". Pretty clear.

Edited by jakenashleysmom

I would be very angry if I sent my kids back to the ship only to find other teens on the excursion, hence my curiosity.

I still haven't been to the website, but does it specifically say what the age restrictions are? I would think when you book it, you have to specify who is in your reservation and it would check. I just came in the thread for the facts, and too lazy to search their site right now ;)

I'd like to know more details about this adults-only cruise excursion.

Me too, I'd like to hear. I will add that a no child experience doesn't mean you are a child hater and should avoid the "family oriented cruise line" One thing I like about the bigger ships is their are places for both people and and they can mingle or not mingle at their choosing. We spent time in the solarium and then walk through the H20 zone to enjoy seeing people having a good time with their kids.

I'm with you on this.

I've never understood the notion that some parents get their backs up over something labeled as Adults Only. The men's room doesn't allow women and that has nothing to do with hating women. Kid Zone areas don't allow adults and that has nothing to do with hating adults. The kitchen is where women make sammiches...

HAHAHA... I swear I'm just kidding! That was meant in jest only. I make dinner at our house at least 3x a week.

We don't have children, but we're a great uncle/aunt to not only our blood relations, but our friends' children. However, adult time is adult time. I don't care if someone's child is the best child EVER! They still aren't an adult and it peeves me when someone wants an exception.

"You are not an adult? Go away!"

"BUT I don't..."

"No buts, go away!"

"BUT my child is..."

"Who cares? Go away!"

"BUT he/she is very adult acting and..."

"NO! Go away!"

"BUT I don't have anywhere to take them and..."

"NO! Go away!"

"BUT my precious snowflake is better than all inferior children..."

"NO! Go away!"

Edited by poncho1973

I laughed, enjoyed, and fully understand the way you asked the question! Clearly you have been reading many posts here! Now off to read your answers in case I ever want to try this excursion in the future.

PS, I also learned that there is a Youngstown in NY. I hope your intended question gets answered without too many sidetracks.

Thanks BillOh😁. As I said, I have been on this excursion and LOVED it. Best day ever. The fact that we can't book a cabana on line any more led us to look into something else to do on Labadee...OPD (obsessive planners disease). The family friendly version is in the morning, adult version in the afternoon. Drinks are not free, but just about. And plentiful. Cruise out to the sandbar, and float around drinking rum punch or beer for a couple of hours then a fast cruise back to the ship. Lots of music and dancing happens on the way back after everyone has had a few rum drinks! It was a blast!

I never noticed it was listed as 21 or over, that's why I asked. I never said my kids are darling snowflakes and deserve special treatment, I was merely asking a clearly stated question.

I'm with you on this.

I've never understood the notion that some parents get their backs up over something labeled as Adults Only. The men's room doesn't allow women and that has nothing to do with hating women. Kid Zone areas don't allow adults and that has nothing to do with hating adults. The kitchen is where women make sammiches...

HAHAHA... I swear I'm just kidding! That was meant in jest only. I make dinner at our house at least 3x a week.

We don't have children, but we're a great uncle/aunt to not only our blood relations, but our friends' children. However, adult time is adult time. I don't care if someone's child is the best child EVER! They still aren't an adult and it peeves me when someone wants an exception.

"You are not an adult? Go away!"

"BUT I don't..."

"No buts, go away!"

"BUT my child is..."

"Who cares? Go away!"

"BUT he/she is very adult acting and..."

"NO! Go away!"

"BUT I don't have anywhere to take them and..."

"NO! Go away!"

"BUT my precious snowflake is better than all inferior children..."

"NO! Go away!"

I agree with this so much! I have nothing against children. I teach special ed and have 6 kids every day who have wormed their little ways into my heart (I'm actually heartbroken that one of them is moving and Friday will be her last day). But I definitely need and appreciate adult time and places when I'm not working. I was actually surprised to see that apparently there isn't a time at which the bars on board go to adult only - even Disney has the entertainment district 18 and over after 9pm (as well as a *GASP* adults-only beach that IS NOT about nudity at all, but a place where 18+ can relax without the younger set running around).

Ok, didn't ask for opinions, just the facts. I have been on this excursion and I can tell you I wouldn't have wanted a 2,3,4,5,6 year old along when it is clearly listed as adults only. It is a half day cruise out to a sand bar and was one of the best excursions I have ever been on. I wasn't planning on sneaking any babies aboard, and to be honest if you are expecting a quiet grown-up day you may be unpleasantly surprised on the ride back to the ship!😁. It was more like a spring break booze cruise than anything.

I guess my question has been answered...sort of. The teens in question are 16 and 18 so I suppose one of them is considered an adult. We will probably go with our original plan of leaving the kids on the ship for the afternoon. I have been in the "adults only" solarium on many occasions, and have seen little kids...like 4-5 years old inside napping away on a lounger when I am without a seat or splashing their feet in the pool only to have my teens turned away because they are 6 months away from the cut-off. I would be very angry if I sent my kids back to the ship only to find other teens on the excursion, hence my curiosity.

:) You've been on Cruise Critic long enough to know the when a thread is started you can end up with all kinds of responses.;)

I do want to thank you for starting this thread and also for adding to it…especially what I've highlighted above in green. We've been on our share of that type of excursion…but not lately. Depending on our mood we might just book it for the fun opportunities for people watching.:D:eek:

Thanks again for this thread.

Oh yes beachnative...you speak the truth lol! You have given us loads of great info as well, thank you for that.

I will also say that if the booze cruise environment isn't what you have in mind, you can escape to another area of the boat...forward towards the bow or up on the upper deck and you won't be subjected to the drunken shenanigans!🍹

I'll have to look through my pictures Bonnie, but I believe there was some dancing on the way back to the island and a pole may or may not have been involved ;)

Kidding - but it was a great excursion for sure! Would definitely do it again...and with kids, I'd opt for the "family friendly" one, not that the other one is raunchy or anything, but kids and tranquility don't always go hand-in-hand.

Edited by Canadian Tyler

I never noticed it was listed as 21 or over, that's why I asked. I never said my kids are darling snowflakes and deserve special treatment, I was merely asking a clearly stated question.

And no one said you did. I, however, did say that some parents do.

Having trouble with photos...but yes @Canadiantyler you are correct! Great time was had by all. There was no shade on this particular sand bar, but I have heard some have gone to a different island...depending on the tide. Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app