Inaugural Caribbean voyage Koningsdam 2016

grayjay

The new itineraries for Koningsdam's Caribbean voyages 2016/17 are out. Whereas a 4-day cruise to the Bahamas is listed as directly following the transatlantic voyage it is not open for booking. You can book the TA and the 10-day-cruise beginning on Nov. 13th, but the 4-day cruise doesn't appear on the agenda and is only mentioned in the blog.

Is any information about this special cruise already available in the US? As it is the very first cruise after Koningsdam's season in Europe, do you think HAL is keeping these 4 days open for festivities - charter - invitation-only-cruise - for travel agents - .....

We're currently booked on the transatlantic cruise and would be interested in booking that short one as well to soak up some more sun. :rolleyes:

I know it's a long time and several cruises away - but I'm still curious! And of course I would love to add this short cruise as well as finding out about the new ship during the long and lazy transatlantic days.

Thank you for your answers.

I would suggest it will not be opened to booking by anyone who wishes. I haven't read the itinerary but is there any chance there could be a PVSA reason why it isn't permitted? More likely, it is for TA's and invited guests.

I was looking for the 4 day Bahamas cruise as well. I would definitely book it, when and if it opens. I'm going to call my TA on Monday and inquire.

I am also considering the 10 day cruise leaving Nov. 13th.

Thank you in advance for sharing the info. Perhaps you'll be able to find out a little more. The European headquarters of Holland America couldn't tell us anything and the cruise wasn't listed and not open for booking.

On the other hand, in HAL's own Koningsdam Blog they wrote: Koningsdam begins its inaugural season in the Caribbean with a four-day cruise to the Bahamas departing Nov. 9, 2016. Following an overnight in Fort Lauderdale, the ship calls at Nassau followed by Half Moon Cay, Holland America Line’s award-winning private island. The voyage is the perfect way to sample Holland America Line’s new Pinnacle-class ship.

So the question is: open to whom? VIP guests or ordinary anybody? The following cruise is no alternative for us because we wouldn't want to wait for 4 days until we could re-board the ship.

The new itineraries for Koningsdam's Caribbean voyages 2016/17 are out. Whereas a 4-day cruise to the Bahamas is listed as directly following the transatlantic voyage it is not open for booking. You can book the TA and the 10-day-cruise beginning on Nov. 13th, but the 4-day cruise doesn't appear on the agenda and is only mentioned in the blog.

Is any information about this special cruise already available in the US? As it is the very first cruise after Koningsdam's season in Europe, do you think HAL is keeping these 4 days open for festivities - charter - invitation-only-cruise - for travel agents - .....

We're currently booked on the transatlantic cruise and would be interested in booking that short one as well to soak up some more sun. :rolleyes:

I know it's a long time and several cruises away - but I'm still curious! And of course I would love to add this short cruise as well as finding out about the new ship during the long and lazy transatlantic days.

Thank you for your answers.

I would say to have some patience ;) There are a lot of itineraries not yet released for Fall 2016 While I agree there will most likely be a lot of Invited Guests on board HAL will still be opening it up to sell cabins. My guess is one of the reasons in the delay is pricing. It most likely will be released when they release the Holiday sailing for the Koningsdam.

... is there any chance there could be a PVSA reason why it isn't permitted?
Not if it's a closed-loop back to FLL. We were on a 3-day to Nassau and back for the Eurodam's first sail out if FLL.

Koningsdam 11/9/2016 Wed FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

Koningsdam 11/10/2016 Thu Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Koningsdam 11/11/2016 Fri Nassau, Bahamas

Koningsdam 11/12/2016 Sat Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Koningsdam 11/13/2016 Sun FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

Koningsdam 11/14/2016 Mon Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Koningsdam 11/15/2016 Tue Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos

Koningsdam 11/16/2016 Wed Amber Cove (Puerta Plata)

Koningsdam 11/17/2016 Thu At Sea (Caribbean Sea)

Koningsdam 11/18/2016 Fri Kralendijk, Bonaire

Koningsdam 11/19/2016 Sat Willemstad, Curaçao

Koningsdam 11/20/2016 Sun Oranjestad, Aruba

Koningsdam 11/21/2016 Mon At Sea (Caribbean Sea)

Koningsdam 11/22/2016 Tue At Sea

Koningsdam 11/23/2016 Wed FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

Koningsdam 11/24/2016 Thu At Sea (Atlantic Ocean)

Koningsdam 11/25/2016 Fri At Sea

Koningsdam 11/26/2016 Sat Philipsburg

Koningsdam 11/27/2016 Sun Castries

Koningsdam 11/28/2016 Mon Barbados

Koningsdam 11/29/2016 Tue Fort-de-France

Koningsdam 11/30/2016 Wed Basseterre

Koningsdam 12/1/2016 Thu St. Thomas

Koningsdam 12/2/2016 Fri At Sea (Atlantic Ocean)

Koningsdam 12/3/2016 Sat Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Koningsdam 12/4/2016 Sun FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

Koningsdam 12/5/2016 Mon Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Koningsdam 12/6/2016 Tue Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos

Koningsdam 12/7/2016 Wed Amber Cove (Puerta Plata)

Koningsdam 12/8/2016 Thu At Sea (Caribbean Sea)

Koningsdam 12/9/2016 Fri Kralendijk, Bonaire

Koningsdam 12/10/2016 Sat Willemstad, Curaçao

Koningsdam 12/11/2016 Sun Oranjestad, Aruba

Koningsdam 12/12/2016 Mon At Sea (Caribbean Sea)

Koningsdam 12/13/2016 Tue At Sea

Koningsdam 12/14/2016 Wed FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

Koningsdam 12/15/2016 Thu Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Koningsdam 12/16/2016 Fri At Sea (Atlantic Ocean)

Koningsdam 12/17/2016 Sat Tortola, BVI

Koningsdam 12/18/2016 Sun Philipsburg

Koningsdam 12/19/2016 Mon Basseterre

Koningsdam 12/20/2016 Tue San Juan

Koningsdam 12/21/2016 Wed Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos

Koningsdam 12/22/2016 Thu At Sea (Atlantic Ocean)

Koningsdam 12/23/2016 Fri FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

Koningsdam 12/24/2016 Sat At Sea (Atlantic Ocean)

Koningsdam 12/25/2016 Sun Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos

Koningsdam 12/26/2016 Mon San Juan

Koningsdam 12/27/2016 Tue St. Thomas

Koningsdam 12/28/2016 Wed At Sea (Atlantic Ocean)

Koningsdam 12/29/2016 Thu Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Koningsdam 12/30/2016 Fri FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

Koningsdam 12/31/2016 Sat Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

I would say to have some patience ;) There are a lot of itineraries not yet released for Fall 2016 While I agree there will most likely be a lot of Invited Guests on board HAL will still be opening it up to sell cabins. My guess is one of the reasons in the delay is pricing. It most likely will be released when they release the Holiday sailing for the Koningsdam.

Unfortunately PATIENCE isn't my middle name :o. As we are already booked on the transatlantic I would have loved to finish off my booking with that 4-day-snippet of the Caribbean. But you're right - there's time enough as I can't book any flights, yet, anyway. And hopefully they'll release the booking schedule for us lowlies ( non-VIPs) soon.

Unfortunately PATIENCE isn't my middle name :o. As we are already booked on the transatlantic I would have loved to finish off my booking with that 4-day-snippet of the Caribbean. But you're right - there's time enough as I can't book any flights, yet, anyway. And hopefully they'll release the booking schedule for us lowlies ( non-VIPs) soon.

I am pretty confident that HAL will have the remaining itineraries out well before the airlines will :)

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,

This is Cathy and Bob and We are joining you on this cruise. I was just reading Love to Cruise 2011 and I think it may be a good idea to get the M&G get together by the Seaview Pool in the back of the ship. On our past cruises unfortunately time just seems to get away from us and sometimes the M&G just doesn't happen. Will post again soon.

Cathy & Bob

Hi Everyone,

This is Cathy and Bob and We are joining you on this cruise. I was just reading Love to Cruise 2011 and I think it may be a good idea to get the M&G get together by the Seaview Pool in the back of the ship. On our past cruises unfortunately time just seems to get away from us and sometimes the M&G just doesn't happen. Will post again soon.

Cathy & Bob

Hi Cathy and Bob and welcome to this cruise! Why don't you join the roll call - there is a very active one going on for this short Bahamas cruise and the previous one which is the inaugural transatlantic.

(When I started the thread more than a year ago The Caribbean season had not been opened by HAL - it only started quite a bit later and it was possible to book the TA, the TA combined with the Bahamas cruise, the 4-day cruise combined with the 9 days following after that etc. etc. Quite a lot of itineraries to choose from!!)

Hi All!

My husband and I will be on the 4 night Bahamas cruise on 11/9. We booked this cruise through our HAL personal cruise consultant in July 2015. We actually went on a waiting list to be booked first. Our friends from Texas will also be on the 4 night cruise. They booked around the same time as we did (and were not on a waiting list). My parents are on the K-Dam for the 4 night and the subsequent 10 night cruise. They were on the same list as my husband and I.

If you are hoping to join us, you may want to contact HAL to find out if anyone hasn't paid in full yet. Otherwise I believe she is sold out for the 4 night. Enjoy your transatlantic cruise. Wow!!

I hope this helps everyone with some background on this trip.

Tamara and Tim

Hi Everyone,

This is Cathy and Bob and We are joining you on this cruise.

Hi All!

My husband and I will be on the 4 night Bahamas cruise on 11/9.

You both should be posting on your Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2244553

Otherwise I believe she is sold out for the 4 night.

There are OVs and Insides available.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacations/FindCruises?cfVer=4&destCode=&regionCode=&dateCode=&__checkbox_flexibleMonths=true&noOfFlexibleMonths=1&durationCode=1&embarkPort=&ship=KO

Edited by catl331