Reasonable pre cruise hotel in ft Lauderdale

lukesgrammie

A few years ago we went for the cheap. Stayed at Rodeway Inn for two nights. A bit further out, no restaurants in sight(only the bar restaurant at hotel, food was actually good.). We decided to take transportation to 17th st for dinner one night . I believe it cost us $50.00 to get there and back. After that my husband said book closer no matter what the cost.

In the end it worked out cheaper being on 17th.

This is a predicament that many who want to save money face. :o They learn that the "deal "they thought they grabbed, actually cost them as much as a nicer place closer to town. Especially if you have lots of time to see and do things, it really doesn't seem like a great choice to be stuck out in the middle of nothing. Ft.L is a fun city.

Your experience and warning should be heeded.

Sometimes there are deals at Spring Hill Suites near the airport and they have an airport shuttle. You need to pay for a shuttle to the port from there, but it's inexpensive. This site shows hotels including shuttle availability. http://www.sunny.org/cruise-and-play/cruise-hotels/

Just stayed here 6 weeks ago. Very large rooms with a few extras (like coffeemaker, microwave, frig and 2 TVs). Great staff - very friendly. Good breakfast.

PLUS, the shuttle to the pier is FREE.

Only negative is the lack of nearby dining options (other than fast food).

lastminutetravel.com is NOT a per person site. Not sure where you saw anything like that? :confused: You book a room just like any other booking site. Only the cruise line books hotels at a per person rate.

Sounds like you went to look somewhere else.

Here is what I saw.

http://www.lastminutetravel.com/Package-Search-Results.aspx?st=5&pt=2&cin=01%2F18%2F2016&cout=01%2F22%2F2016&afId=0&mod=2&dst=3709&scf=1&r1a=2&r1c=0&r1ca=11&brnd=0&vt=0&tt=ALL&rc=0&Mode=HomePage&cwsn=LastMinuteTravel&cwsa=&cu=en-US&trcsb=true&bsp=1&showValResults=1&30=298

Hopefully, that address holds the same info that I saw. I clearly states "per person". That is for hotel & car. If I just do hotel, it is for both people.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

That's the craziest thing I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing. We use LMT CLUB for their great hotel rates. But only book cars ,when needed , independently. No reason to link them. So this is new to me. Prices with car rental are crazy and I certainly wouldn't recommend it.:eek:

Didn't seem like a bad price for 4 nights plus a car.

Good that you saw it was a per person price before you booked it.

Didn't seem like a bad price for 4 nights plus a car.

Good that you saw it was a per person price before you booked it.

It is a pretty good price the those desirable close to the port hotels. But we don't need to be close to the port with a rental car:) and notice the car. It is a box on wheels. The car we will be renting is a larger model than that. One that has room for our suitcases and us:D:D

Our hotel is 5 miles from the port, got good reviews and cost a lot less.

http://www.valuetrips.com/index.html

I have booked the Hyatt Place at much less than rack rates or any other site several times. Hint, take a cab to the port , not the shuttle. Just as cheap and a lot less time and hassle. After the cruise take a cab to the airport, for 2 it is cheaper than the shuttle bus.

I agree

We're staying at Hyatt Place for $99 this August.

I find the simplicity and convenience of motel/hotels along 17th Street are well worth the extra cost. It takes a lot of the hadsle of having to deal with rental cars, etc. away and makes the pre-cruise day more enjoyable.

I really like being able to walk to the restaurants and shopping areas also.

I agree

We're staying at Hyatt Place for $99 this August.

This is a popular cruisers hotel. But your August rate isn't what the winter cruisers will get...even if their dates aren't blacked out.;)

LMTClub .com is the correct web site.

That is where that screen shot was taken from.

I also just checked pricing for a hotel I stayed in last month. I paid $10 less/night by booking with the hotel direct. LMTClub was more $$.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

That is where that screen shot was taken from.

I was able to open your page. I didn't know you were looking for a four day stay and car rental. The rates, altho not cheap, weren't as bad as I thought for your stay. I was thinking just a couple nights.

However, there are so many discount codes out there for the major car rental companies, we book hotel first at the best price and then go after the discounted car rental. With such long stay and having the car, I'd look for a nice "home base" hotel and plan day trips to see more of South Fl.

Have a great time!