Cheers program

Blondie0428

[quote name='jackie101']Thanks. will it say on our receipts what drink # we are on or do we have to keep track:confused:[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. The bartender can tell you for sure because they would warn me when I got close to my limit. I also kept track of it on a notepad document on my phone. I put the price everytime I got a drink and separated the days. That way I could keep track of my number of drinks and later figure out if it was worth it (it was).

[quote name='Saint Greg']I don't think so. The bartender can tell you for sure because they would warn me when I got close to my limit. I also kept track of it on a notepad document on my phone. I put the price everytime I got a drink and separated the days. That way I could keep track of my number of drinks and later figure out if it was worth it (it was).[/QUOTE]

On the Victory we noticed that most bartenders started "notifying" us of the when we got to 10. [emoji6]

[quote name='Saint Greg']I don't think so. The bartender can tell you for sure because they would warn me when I got close to my limit. I also kept track of it on a notepad document on my phone. I put the price everytime I got a drink and separated the days. That way I could keep track of my number of drinks and later figure out if it was worth it (it was).[/QUOTE]

I took a picture of every drink.

Made quite the slideshow.

The wife and I are considering the Cheers program. Cruising the Breeze at the end of Sept. In the past, we'd smuggle booze on, but would still have to purchase the soft drink card. The bartender would always give me a funny look when I ordered a glass of tonic. Would have to tell him I was a recovering alcoholic. Unless you're drinking in your room, it became a hassle waiting in line for a mixer, then finding a secluded corner or bathroom so you can add a little booze out of a flask, so no one would notice. You're on vacation and enjoy. I guess just figure the added expense as part of the cost of the trip.

Can you order a bottle or two for your room on day one and then opt in for the Cheers on day two? Id like to have something in room in case I just want to relax on the balcony and enjoy a drink. Edited by ElleMo

[quote name='ElleMo']Can you order a bottle or two for your room on day one and then opt in for the Cheers on day two? Id like to have something in room in case I just want to relax on the balcony and enjoy a drink.[/QUOTE]

You can buy cheers on day 1 or day 2.... In addition you can order a bottle or two either once you get on board, or before hand through the fun shops and have it in your cabin when you arrive.

[quote name='dave318']The wife and I are considering the Cheers program. Cruising the Breeze at the end of Sept. In the past, we'd smuggle booze on, but would still have to purchase the soft drink card. The bartender would always give me a funny look when I ordered a glass of tonic. Would have to tell him I was a recovering alcoholic. Unless you're drinking in your room, it became a hassle waiting in line for a mixer, then finding a secluded corner or bathroom so you can add a little booze out of a flask, so no one would notice. You're on vacation and enjoy. I guess just figure the added expense as part of the cost of the trip.[/QUOTE]

This is so true!
During our last cruise, my DH didn't even use mixers and it was still a drag. I kept running back and forth to our cabin to get him a drink.
I also drink, but enjoy V & T - and don't drink as quickly - so I would make a second trip back to the cabin - it became very annoying.
Price seems steep for an 8 day cruise - but we are trying Cheers this time around.

With the Cheers program smuggling isn't worth the aggravation! To us anyway. 6 drinks a day equal out the cost of the Cheers program so we think it's worth it. Especially with 4 sea days!

And exactly, running back and forth to your cabin to make a drink isn't fun! We only had 2 sea days on our last cruise and broke out pretty much even with Cheers. This time around will be a lot better! Cheers everyone!

[quote name='bigdog1958']You can buy cheers on day 1 or day 2.... In addition you can order a bottle or two either once you get on board, or before hand through the fun shops and have it in your cabin when you arrive.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! It's my understanding from reading that out of the Galveston port we Cant buy until day 2. I just wanted to make sure they weren't going to cut me off of buying bottles if I was on cheers. I've got a lot of, ahem, practice and 15 a day seems like an easy task on sea days... And don't want to run out of drink options!

[quote name='pmoniz']With the Cheers program smuggling isn't worth the aggravation! To us anyway. 6 drinks a day equal out the cost of the Cheers program so we think it's worth it. Especially with 4 sea days!

[B]And exactly, running back and forth to your cabin to make a drink isn't fun! [/B]We only had 2 sea days on our last cruise and broke out pretty much even with Cheers. This time around will be a lot better! Cheers everyone![/quote]

Extremely surprised to see how many people run back and forth to the cabin to mix.

I usually purchase rum from the bon voyage department and put some in an empty water bottle and take it to the lido deck with me. I also purchase bottomless bubbles and ask for a diet coke. I bring on board a tervis tumbler, or similar, and set them all down by each other and probably through osmosis or something they get mixed.:eek:

[quote name='Roscoe13']Extremely surprised to see how many people run back and forth to the cabin to mix.

I usually purchase rum from the bon voyage department and put some in an empty water bottle and take it to the lido deck with me. I also purchase bottomless bubbles and ask for a diet coke. I bring on board a tervis tumbler, or similar, and set them all down by each other and probably through osmosis or something they get mixed.:eek:[/QUOTE]

You could always carry around your alcohol in a water bottle and the powder mix as well, just add water, mix in a sports bottle and no running back and forth