Cheers program

Blondie0428

I didn't realize you couldn't use it on the private island. You can still use Royal's drink package on their private island's right? Carnival's beverage package seems much more restrictive, especially considering both in a room have to purchase it.

Its not hard to use....in fact very easy! Why dont you think you'll like it? You dont have to purchase it

It just feels very restrictive:rolleyes:. I do not think I drink more than 15 drinks per day, but never kept track with the "all inclusive". I am more likely to try new stuff and if I do not like no biggie, now I will have to think before I order lol. I also don't like how there is no coffee/virgin drink package for the kids. We are going to purchase it to save money regardless and will have a blast I am sure. Just wanted to make sure I understood it completely before going.

I didn't realize you couldn't use it on the private island. You can still use Royal's drink package on their private island's right? Carnival's beverage package seems much more restrictive, especially considering both in a room have to purchase it.

Yes, you can use Royals at private island

how much is the Cheers Program pls. thanks! :)

The cost for the "Cheers" Beverage Program is $49.95 per person / day, plus a 15% gratuity added on at the time of purchase (total of $57.45 per person / day).

everyone in the cabin over 21 must purchase it

Edited by hftmrock

We are pretty good drinkers and we can not get the numbers to work Where they really get you are shore days, being off the boat for 8 hours. At sea days we might get to 15, but that still might be a stretch.

We are pretty good drinkers and we can not get the numbers to work Where they really get you are shore days, being off the boat for 8 hours. At sea days we might get to 15, but that still might be a stretch.

Seriously 7 drinks from the Alchemy Bar and WHAM you're there. Even on shore days, Get up, Mimosa or Bloody Mary with breakfast, get off for a while, get back around 3-4PM, and that leaves at least 7 hours until bedtime, which only leaves me 2 drinks per hour. Seems to be a pretty good money saver for us! NEVER tried it, but seems to be the way to go!

woah that's expensive! $1,608.60 for 14 nights

Our Cheers card was almost $1800 on our Hawaii cruise....I look at the price and think how many bottles of vodka/tequila I could have bought. [emoji37] LOL

Seriously 7 drinks from the Alchemy Bar and WHAM you're there. Even on shore days, Get up, Mimosa or Bloody Mary with breakfast, get off for a while, get back around 3-4PM, and that leaves at least 7 hours until bedtime, which only leaves me 2 drinks per hour. Seems to be a pretty good money saver for us! NEVER tried it, but seems to be the way to go!

It really is, it's a bitch worrying about the bar bill with every drink you order...This way if you hit 15 drinks your GOOD to go, you sleep really well....if you don't so be it, it's not a competition....It comes 11/12 o'clock and your at 12/13 drinks order a few shots of Patron and head back to the room before it kicks it, either way CHEERS is the way my DH of 43 years go now, have fun don't worry!!! Cruising out August 21st for 8 days on if our favorite ships, SUNSHINE!!! Counting the days!!!!

We have never had 15 drinks a day in all our lives. We did purchase Cheers on our Liberty cruise in Sept. We averaged 6-8 drinks per day, but the price then was $37.50 per day. I like to have wine with dinner, so instead of purchasing a bottle, I used my Cheers card.

I am also one who drinks Mango Swirls or whatever they are called so we more than broke even, I probably will buy it again on our next cruise because my grand is in the cabin with me, but won't after that.

I wish Carnival will go with what they said initially about changing the rates based on cruises, but now it doesn't matter as we are all on the $50 a day plus grats and it's not worth it to me for a 10 day cruise.

Edited by katiel53

This is what I was thinking. We have so many port days and I snorkel. so I will be tired after all of these snorkeling outings. It would not benefit us.

Although the Alchemy Bar is hands down the best bar on the ship, I think attempting 7 drinks from there is questionable. First of all, they don't open until 5 and they close at midnight, so unless you get there right when they open and stay until they close, it would be difficult to get that many drinks. Also the Alchemy is so crowded it sometimes takes a while to get service. Finally, the drinks from Alchemy are stronger than the other drinks they serve on the ship and if I drank 7 of them, I wouldn't even be able to walk back to my room. I certainly couldn't imagine doing this every night of the cruise.

I did have Cheers on my Liberty cruise in September when it was $37.50 per day and quite honestly, after about day 4, I was tired of drinking that much just to break even. I'm glad I did it when it was the lower price but I don't think I'd do it again. For me, it didn't seem worth the cost. I would never drink 15 drinks in one day at home and even if I tried, I don't think I could do it on vacation either.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Just a reminder that 15 is the hard stop limit. You need nowhere near that to "break even" on the cost. Working with the average mixed drink being $8.95 - you only need average 6-ish per day break even.

We had it for the first time on the Victory in May. DH and I never got anywhere near 15 - probably because most of our evenings were at the Alchemy Bar! :rolleyes: One guy in our group hit 15 - but only one day and it was a sea day, if that matters.

We will do it again - for the ease of not being concerned about the bill at the end and also feeling free to try some new things!

[quote name='momof3cruisers']Just FYI, you will not be using cash or credit card anywhere onboard. You put cash or a card down for your account and then everything is paid for with you Sail and Sign card which also serves as your room key.

You will want some small bills to tip for room service though.[/QUOTE]

What you say is true. I am not disputing it.

We operate a little differently. We always tip in cash for the drink waiters and bar staff, and do not write in any dollar amounts on the drink bills tip line except the word CASH. Edited by eponym

[quote name='anamarieus']woah that's expensive! $1,608.60 for 14 nights[/QUOTE]

Or possibly $804.30 for a 7 day cruise.

$800, $1600 or $1800 for booze consumption?

I would rather have a new Coach purse, or hubby a new watch...

[quote name='eponym']Or possibly $804.30 for a 7 day cruise.

$800, $1600 or $1800 for booze consumption?

I would rather have a new Coach purse, or hubby a new watch...[/QUOTE]

Or another cruise......

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

We did it on our cruise and it was great knowing we wouldn't have a huge bill when the cruise was over

It's also nice because I could try new drinks I normally wouldn't drink, like the tiramisu martini

If I didn't like it it was no big deal I would just get another drink

[quote name='happy cruzin'][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3]Just a reminder that 15 is the hard stop limit. You need nowhere near that to "break even" on the cost. Working with the average mixed drink being $8.95 - you only need average 6-ish per day break even. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3]We had it for the first time on the Victory in May. DH and I never got anywhere near 15 - probably because most of our evenings were at the Alchemy Bar! :rolleyes: One guy in our group hit 15 - but only one day and it was a sea day, if that matters.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3]We will do it again - for the ease of not being concerned about the bill at the end and also feeling free to try some new things![/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Exactly!!!!!

[quote name='jackie101']Thanks. will it say on our receipts what drink # we are on or do we have to keep track:confused:[/QUOTE]

Like I can remember 15 drinks. I think your supposed to lose count around drink 7 lol

[quote name='eponym']What you say is true. I am not disputing it.

We operate a little differently. We always tip in cash for the drink waiters and bar staff, and do not write in any dollar amounts on the drink bills tip line except the word CASH.[/QUOTE]

That is true. I also add cash tips at times, but since there is a tip included at the bars, but not for room service, I wanted to be sure not to exclude them.